£2,000 for a miele tumble dryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been saying for years these products are for people who have huge salaries or have so much money they dont know what to do with it thats fine, but the vast majority of customers simply would not be able to buy them cant see how qvc can make much out of this.

I've ordered two - one to go in my gift drawer. Can't decide whether it will be the lollipop lady's Christmas present or an end-of-term gift for the history teacher. First world problem !

Me too but had to buy a new wardrobe to put it in , won't quite fit in the present drawer.

Been saying for years these products are for people who have huge salaries or have so much money they dont know what to do with it thats fine, but the vast majority of customers simply would not be able to buy them cant see how qvc can make much out of this.

They will no doubt sell a few (single figures perhaps) BUT the profit margin on something costing £2k will gain them a few hundred pounds per unit. Overall it may make as much money for them as selling a much higher volume of lower priced items.

I don't have one, either. Use the machine, then either hang out the stuff in the garden, or put on airers in the spare room. I do the same as you, spin twice if needed.
Hate tumble driers anyway, My washing machine is made by Indesit and still works after 9 years! Secret is to not use the spin setting on high. Use 800 and spin it twice!
Looking forward to drying things outdoors.

I don't have one, either. Use the machine, then either hang out the stuff in the garden, or put on airers in the spare room. I do the same as you, spin twice if needed.

I don't have a tumble drier, spin on 1300 twice. Hang in garden or like you in spare room. Could do with one for towels though. I do find I wash
about 4 times a week in the winter.

I don't have a tumble drier, spin on 1300 twice. Hang in garden or like you in spare room. Could do with one for towels though. I do find I wash
about 4 times a week in the winter.

I use mine mainly for towels & bedding, it really helps in the winter to keep up with the washing, if you haven't got 10 tons of heavy items sitting out on the line for days at a time! lol

I love pegging out the clothes in fine weather but they just hang limply in the cooler/ damp weather so I use my tumble dryer quite a bit over the colder months, especially for towels and bedding. I never tumble dry jumpers, trousers or tops/blouses and same as most people I either hang them up to dry or put them over a rack.
My tumble dryer is an Indesit and my washing machine is a Zanussi and both do a perfectly good job. No way would I pay 2 grand for a tumble dryer.

Drying my washing outside is one of the joys of spring and summer for me. Mother Nature's tumble dryer!!

Well for that price I would want it to load itself, fold and put away when it's finished!

Wouldn't be without my TD , I don't use it for my clothes but hubby uses it for his but it's mainly used for bedding especially in the winter

Not widely advertised, but Miele do have an Outlet near their headquarters. If they were closer I'd definitely buy there.

Q's price was actually £200 cheaper than JL or Miele direct, but it you don't mind buttons instead of a touch screen, you can get an almost identical model for £3-400 cheaper.

My mum had Miele stuff for years. They're excellent quality and built to last for years. My mum's washer was 25 years old when we had it!

I notice JR dropped in "20 year warranty" a few times, glossed over/ignored by guest. You can extend the warranty to 10 years (for less than JL's 5 year extended warranty), and the machines are apparently tested for 20 years use, but definitely NOT guaranteed for 20 years.

I wonder if anyone taped her and will take Q on if the machine breaks down in 19 years time?

If I could afford one (but not THAT one), I'd get one in a shot. I had an AEG (for 2 weeks - when the motor went!), and the build quality is no where near that of a Miele. I LOVE hanging out, but it's getting harder for me as my mobility gets worse. I used to hang out in between showers, going back to the line several times a day. Can't do that any more. I enjoyed having the AEG while I had it, but I'll wait until after summer before looking now.

Latest posts

Back