Sally Jack's Voice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the problem with Sally, probably due to her singing training she is probably trying to 'project' her voice as if she is singing which is unnecessary if you are in a television studio. In addition, though, she should know how to tone down the volume when using microphones.

I think the problem with Sally Jacks is that she's Sally Jacks :mysmilie_59:

I think the problem with Sally Jacks is that she's Sally Jacks :mysmilie_59:

Now now: you might upset someone if you start talking negatively about presenters.

Remember: loose lips sink shopping channels :mysmilie_11:

Useful for when you wet yourself laughing, watching IW.:giggle:

DON'T! You might give them ideas!

I do NOT want to see Pervy Pete trying to flog adult nappies as The Lovelies (Lynn, Shelagh, Simone and Katie) parade up and down that catwalk talking about how lovely and absorbent they are! :mysmilie_19:

She speaks in a flat monotone, her voice has no inflexion or expression, the only emphasis she knows how to use is to raise the decibel levels and screech at unacceptable and unnecessary levels, this is why her voice can truly be described as 'grating'. Again, I find this odd if, as she apparently claims, she was a singer in a 'previous life', as she should have been trained exactly how to 'project' properly.

I think the problem with Sally, probably due to her singing training she is probably trying to 'project' her voice as if she is singing which is unnecessary if you are in a television studio. In addition, though, she should know how to tone down the volume when using microphones.

Well, I found him entertaining, and yes, I also enjoy watching Peter Simon too, and I'm female btw.

I don't take the jokes as insults, I take them as jokes.

Perhaps, 'weird' would be watching hours and hours of the same item, WITHOUT finding the presenter entertaining, is that perhaps not true? In all good faith of course, and no insults meant. My partner spent the day at my house and when the 2nd hour of the POTD (whatever it was that day) came on, he said in all innocent honesty "they said all this earlier, why are we watching it again?"

So, yesh, call me weird, but I watch the shoppy channels because I have to have TV with no mainstream adverts, but I only watch presentations with the 'off piste' and 'liability' presenters, or ones I find amusing. Perhaps you are all weird for watching 10 hours of the spray and leave (for example) 10 hours of a product demo where the product simply requires you to ......... think on fellow forumites :)

Ok......weird. Well you do keep asking!

Is that really true? Do you know him personally? I think you're perhaps stepping over the line here of banter about presenters to call him "a woman-hating thug". If you don't like him, as everyone always says, turn over, but I, as a woman, find his jokes and humour just an act, a funny persona he is attempting to get sales with, I dont find him offensive, and I'm certainly not going to brand him a woman hater! For goodness sakes!

You don't need to know him personally, his put downs and disrespect towards woman are there on tv for all to see, as for Pervy Peter Simon, his sexual innuendos like "he's coming up the rear" would probably be funny made by seasoned comedy entertainers on Blackpool pier, but not failed entertainers on a shopping channel before 9pm.

She speaks in a flat monotone, her voice has no inflexion or expression, the only emphasis she knows how to use is to raise the decibel levels and screech at unacceptable and unnecessary levels, this is why her voice can truly be described as 'grating'. Again, I find this odd if, as she apparently claims, she was a singer in a 'previous life', as she should have been trained exactly how to 'project' properly.

But apart from that, you like her? :mysmilie_19:

Sorry, Enigma, but this is the logical next step for Pope Pete - it would be a wee step up in his career (Ok, Ok, I can take the hint - I'm going now......)
DON'T! You might give them ideas!

I do NOT want to see Pervy Pete trying to flog adult nappies as The Lovelies (Lynn, Shelagh, Simone and Katie) parade up and down that catwalk talking about how lovely and absorbent they are! :mysmilie_19:

Absolutely. Barra Boy has been very disrespectful to female co-presenters on many occasions, not just the odd occasion when you might think he's having an off-day. It was a regular occurrence on Bid and he's carried it over into IW. If commenting along the lines of "that time of the month, is it?" on TV isn't totally disrespectful then I don't know how anyone would classify it as acceptable as a comment made on TV, and likewise his manner has been aggressive on more than one occasion when there's been a female presenter on with him who has dared to answer him back or make a joke. I've often longed for a female co-presenter to be able to retort "I hope your &&&& is bigger than your brain, but somehow I doubt it" or a similar put-down. And as for pre-9pm watershed....well, that means nothing...but still they are allowed to get away with it.

You don't need to know him personally, his put downs and disrespect towards woman are there on tv for all to see, as for Pervy Peter Simon, his sexual innuendos like "he's coming up the rear" would probably be funny made by seasoned comedy entertainers on Blackpool pier, but not failed entertainers on a shopping channel before 9pm.

Last edited:
I find Genevieve unbearable to listen to, she never stops to draw breath and speaks at break neck speed continually I don`t know how she keeps it up I have to switch off just can`t stand it no matter whats she`s selling!!

Absolutely. Barra Boy has been very disrespectful to female co-presenters on many occasions, not just the odd occasion when you might think he's having an off-day. It was a regular occurrence on Bid and he's carried it over into IW. If commenting along the lines of "that time of the month, is it?" on TV isn't totally disrespectful then I don't know how anyone would classify it as acceptable as a comment made on TV, and likewise his manner has been aggressive on more than one occasion when there's been a female presenter on with him who has dared to answer him back or make a joke. I've often longed for a female co-presenter to be able to retort "I hope your &&&& is bigger than your brain, but somehow I doubt it" or a similar put-down. And as for pre-9pm watershed....well, that means nothing...but still they are allowed to get away with it.

Is it me or does Mockney Mike has a problem with women in authority???

I've seen him act like that on Bid and Ideal World, it makes your blood boil how he's allowed to be so sexist in the workplace, not to mention arrogant rude and most of all, aggressive................got to say, even with hair he's still an ugly little armhole.

I watched the show (I'm studying and have it on in the background) with Mike and Bev. He is such a bargain bucket Jim Davidson, he referred to his mother-in-law as a fat hippo (I believe Bev replied 'it was nice working with you' as in your career is now over) and he continued this routine, 'she was out on her broomstick'

Now I know Les Dawson used to tell these gags but Mike Mason has all the delivery of a retarded seal clapping for fish (he actually did an impression of this at one stage). The 'jokes' come across as insults because he is not an entertainer but a 'middle-aged man' as he admitted.

You need to have a good personality to tell jokes like this. I think Bradley Walsh could get away with them. I can't imagine people being offended when Les Dawson told jokes like these (although some probably did), he was funny and got away with it. Unfortunately for Mike he just, in my opinion, comes across as bitter and nasty.

I would pay good money to hear a co-presenter say the words I've highlighted above to him!

Blooming heck, Greg, this picture frightened the life out of me! :mysmilie_17: I'm now going to lay down in a darkened room to recover:down::sweat: My personal opinion is that Barra Boy has a problem - with women and with everything else. I bet The Goddess doesn't put up with any old carp from him.

Latest posts

Back