Danny the embarrassed!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I was watching the 8pm electronics show yesterday and Danny from HP was on the sofa (it was a HP Printer as the TSV), but the show was one of those 'soft soap/hard sell' type of shows, which is fine if the people on the show are generic presenters, but Danny was on the end seemingly 'embarrassed', 'uncomfortable' (insert your own), as they were talking about a tablet and a scanner, neither of which of course were HP, so he was able to offer little input (I mean he can't really state how 'brilliant' Apple is when he is a representative of HP, now can he?), it was uncomfortable to watch and I don't think he was too happy, DF (male), eluded to the fact that when they were selling the 'fruity technology' that he probably used an HP one, Danny just embarrassingly laughed. No it was all a bit too awkward, fine to do those type of shows (though on the couple I have seen, I don't actually think a member of the public has called in or even posed a question any other way. I know that this may take time, but I honestly don't think it is fair to have a brand representative on a show like that, tis very awkward!

Sorry rant over!

talking about tech on qvc..i am not sure about lee holbeins presentations. they are so general now a smart three yera old could do better

Yes I know, he is starting to really really grate on me now with his much repeated phrases of 'I could spend hours/days' on this product and 'As frightening as it sounds I wish I could come into your living room'. As well as the repeated stories about how many units Apple have sold. At least though he is honest with regards to the fact that the 'fruity tablets' are more expensive. They are not though just a little more expensive but around £100 more and who honestly is going to use 'tech crew'?

He was even more embarrassed on the Lunchtime Show discussing nail polish and ladies' sandals. This sort of excruciating TV is the only reason to watch QVC these days.... Hilarious in its own cack-handed way.

I've said for ages that Lee Holbein is the master of talking a lot but saying nothing. He gives the same spiel whatever product he comes on air with, and does all the necessary flicking on screen whilst gushing about megas and gigas - and who ****** cares how many apps are available? we need to know how to get started, and what buttons to press to access photos, or how you get your email. He doesn't realise that he's not speaking at a symposium of computer buffs, but he does like to impress everyone and likes the sound of his own voice.

When there's 'added value' I switch Lee off. They were selling the discontinued iPhone 5S at an eyewatering price and, being the slimy salesman in mascara that he is (tech expert my ar*e) he spent ages bigging up truly derisory extras including the tackiest, cheapest looking cases and a screen protector that you can find hundreds of on ebay for a couple of quid (see image).

They even went so far to showing the cracked screen of a cameramans iPhone, they spent all that time on hyperbole to justify the ripoff price but (as far as I'm aware) didn't mention the phone is no longer sold by Apple :down:

image.jpg

Danny's show with Charlie was fine, the others I watched were excruciating :mysmilie_13:

I'm going to watch this one! Always makes me laugh, this type of thing. I like it when they are put on the spot about whatever moisturiser / shampoo / candles or whatever they use and they feel obliged to mention a brand that sells on QVC! I think Stephen Corfield is the worst for that. I still remember the awkward hair conditioner conversation!

Presenter: We've just had a tweet in from Enid from Horsham who wants to know what brand of hair conditioner you use.
SC: Erm.... (touches earpiece) erm.... Philip Kingsley
Presenter: Which one?
SC: Erm... the erm... moisturising one!
Presenter: Oh is it (x)?
SC: (uncomfortably) Yes that's it (obviously lying)

I'm going to watch this one! Always makes me laugh, this type of thing. I like it when they are put on the spot about whatever moisturiser / shampoo / candles or whatever they use and they feel obliged to mention a brand that sells on QVC! I think Stephen Corfield is the worst for that. I still remember the awkward hair conditioner conversation!

Presenter: We've just had a tweet in from Enid from Horsham who wants to know what brand of hair conditioner you use.
SC: Erm.... (touches earpiece) erm.... Philip Kingsley
Presenter: Which one?
SC: Erm... the erm... moisturising one!
Presenter: Oh is it (x)?
SC: (uncomfortably) Yes that's it (obviously lying)

Whatever brand of hair conditioner The Candle Man uses he still looks like Xena Warrior Princess :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I think selly telly presenters - guests and main presenters alike: the amount they talk is in inverse proportion to the amount they know about a subject. They are not alone, but telly does cruelly expose this shortcoming.

It's Danny Kiaie isn't it? How refreshing and remarkable that he is actually an HP expert, rather than the person who QVC employs to spout empty nothings about a variety of brands. That probably means QVC will soon put a stop to that and "improve" things by bringing in a rent-a-gob...!

mother-ship

Did LH say on Sunday night that he has 3 million songs on his computer ? Really ?

I don't listen to these 'techy' people always going on about how they can have a zillion tunes on their phones, it gives me brain ache in the first second.I used to be sucked into this stuff then I took a step back & said 'when would I use/need that?' NEVER.
Presenters/ representatives I DO like--the Sketchers guy & Clarks lady.

I really like Danny but I never watch the lunchtime mayhem. I can't stand the very unfunny techy big head LH...

Wonder if it's the same shame the smarm master Dale must've felt. :mysmilie_15: just got in an made a cuppa, channel hopping I came across the smarm master Dale introducing the One Time Only at the top of the four o'clock Bibi hour when smarmy Dale says "Maxine was just saying how she loves one time onlys giving people a chance to" to which she exclaims "All I said was I like One Time Onlys, that's all I said!" to which Dale replies "yes that's all you said" in a tone that smacks deeply of embarrassment for being caught out telling lies live on tv, and immediately changed the subject, even that though couldn't tempt me to keep watching QVC longer than twenty seconds, oh the shame :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back