Is a strap worth £40?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Birkenstock Gizeh are priced approx £45 to £52.

Add a back strap and a shiny stud, call it a different name and charge £91!

Birkenstock have always been pricey but these prices are getting beyond a joke.

Quite a few pairs of Birkenstock in my local T K Maxx on sunday for around £20-25 a pair...

Not feeling too pleased with Amazon and their Birkenstock at the moment. After 5 separate extensions to delivery time of something which was in stock when I ordered it, Amazon have cancelled the order now.

Is a strap worth £40? I don't know - ask Ann Summers! It's not so much about is it worth it, more "will people pay it?" I can't imagine many Birkenstock buyers are STRAPPED for cash!

Is a strap worth £40? I don't know - ask Ann Summers! It's not so much about is it worth it, more "will people pay it?" I can't imagine many Birkenstock buyers are STRAPPED for cash!

I always wondered if qvc's strategy was to see if their customers are simply pricks that are too lazy to go out and get the product, even if it is much cheaper elsewhere.

They definitely think men only buy drills and laptops.

I always wondered if qvc's strategy was to see if their customers are simply pricks that are too lazy to go out and get the product, even if it is much cheaper elsewhere.

They definitely think men only buy drills and laptops.

Yes their marketing strategies were a bit outdated. I think they're trying to move with the times. I remember when Car Care used to be a regular Sunday fixture. I wouldn't watch it if it were still on at that time as I'd be out cleaning my vehicles! But now we can enjoy a plethora of channels and the decidedly saucy age of "ketchup TV." There's QVC, QVC Beauty, QVC +1 QVC Bollocks - oh no ...that's just QVC!

Factory Shop sell these and a lot cheaper, not many styles but some are excellent! :mysmilie_59:

The thing that I am most disappointed at is that almost every new style is wide fitting. Not everyone has wide feet.

The thing that I am most disappointed at is that almost every new style is wide fitting. Not everyone has wide feet.

Originally QVC only used to do narrow width. All narrow fitting Birks have a stylised barefoot which is coloured in. It used to be just the Gizeh which they offered in the wider footbed with the barefoot outline showing it's the wider and not the narrow width.

More recently after extensive lobbying they have begun to include more styles for the wider footbed... mainly Madrid, but some other styles.

If not stated, most of what QVC should be the standard footbed. Best to run the video as usually you can actually see the stylised barefoot on the footbed.

On the particular subject of the Kairo - on Birkenstock's own website you can get these from just under £50 up to just under £95. So depending on the upper, you can get some for similar money to the Gizeh... so you don't have to pay through the nose for the strap around the back. Warning - Birkenstock call the wide "Regular" and the ... can be confusing.

QVC are being inconsistent, though, as they state wide fit on some styles, but not others... and nowhere on the "blurb" on the website do they actually state which it is... nor do they give you a range of photographs so you can see for yourself.

I would say that still the majority of styles sold on QVC are sold in the narrow width fitting rather than the wide. You could try asking customer services to tell you whether the barefoot is the sold or the outline... but if they are also relying on the rubbish website you could be at a stalemate.

Papillio seem to be predominantly in the narrow (and if memory serves correctly, they are not made in the same factory as Birkenstock so the sizing isn't identical).
EVA seem to be in the regular (wide).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back