Alison Young's Beauty Night In

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Oh my goodness, what IS she wearing? I think she's hankering after a fresh spring look however her garments are, as usual, decidedly unflattering. What is with that hideous acidic satsuma orange thing clashing with a yellow...erm waistcoat "thing?" Maybe she's been inspired by a bowl of citrus fruits - probably containing an ugli fruit. Also what is the point of Will Gowing on these shows. All he seems to do is read a few tweets from an ipad in his rather campy voice!

Oh my goodness, what IS she wearing? I think she's hankering after a fresh spring look however her garments are, as usual, decidedly unflattering. What is with that hideous acidic satsuma orange thing clashing with a yellow...erm waistcoat "thing?" Maybe she's been inspired by a bowl of citrus fruits - probably containing an ugli fruit. Also what is the point of Will Gowing on these shows. All he seems to do is read a few tweets from an ipad in his rather campy voice!

Yellow??? It is green!! :mysmilie_59:

Oh, yeah. Lights have just gone down for the Q&A and she's lighting up the studio on her own!

Um... what's with the Caudalie guest's hair?

Oh dear. My inner bitch has really been unleashed tonight. OH had a moan at my PMS snapping earlier. Maybe I should go to bed now. For a week.

Um... what's with the Caudalie guest's hair?

Oh dear. My inner bitch has really been unleashed tonight. OH had a moan at my PMS snapping earlier. Maybe I should go to bed now. For a week.

She does look very odd! It's like she's got a weird parting! I'm sure she's a nice lady though.

"Keep your comments coming through to Will. He's loving all the social media action you're sending!"

OH GOD! That Decleor woman's VOICE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! So ANNOYING! She looks horrible! Totally evil!

. . . . What is with that hideous acidic satsuma orange thing clashing with a yellow...erm waistcoat "thing?"
. . . . Also what is the point of Will Gowing on these shows. All he seems to do is read a few tweets from an ipad in his rather campy voice!

As Sazza says, the waistcoat is green, and personally I really like the orange shirt.

And your comment on Will's voice is rich. Clearly you don't realise how unbelievably "campy" your posts always sound.

As Sazza says, the waistcoat is green, and personally I really like the orange shirt.

And your comment on Will's voice is rich. Clearly you don't realise how unbelievably "campy" your posts always sound.

I'm sure you do like the outfit - it's very "you!"

I switched on at the end of the pixi glow tonic presentation and thought she was dressed as the bottle

Ali is a bit of a trooper though - she gamely made fun of herself and didn't get the hump with others humour at the expense of her outfit. You wouldn't get that from any of the other presenters who mainly right up their own posteriors.

But what is extremely irritating is that Ali is not letting anyone finish what they are trying to say before she interrupts. Zip it Ali!

Last edited:
Ali is a bit of a trooper though - she gamely made fun of herself and didn't get the hump with others humour at the expense of her outfit. You wouldn't get that from any of the other presenters who mainly right up their own posteriors.

Ali's willingness to laugh at herself is the thing I like most about her. She never minds when people make fun of her and often says harsher and much funnier things about herself than others say of her. I love her dry, self deprecating wit, but it seems to go over some people's heads and they take her far more seriously than she takes herself.

She looked a disaster as she so often does... but was the first to joke about it at the start of the show.

It looks the height of fine dressing when compared to the ludicrous outfits Debbie Flint goes on air in, and at least she never looks like she's poured herself into a size she'd like to be rather than the size she actually is.

I loved the colours she was wearing, and I wouldn't hesitate to wear them together, but perhaps not on TV under very bright lights... :cool::mysmilie_857:

OH GOD! That Decleor woman's VOICE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! So ANNOYING! She looks horrible! Totally evil!

Well I am sure she would think as highly of you if she saw a photo!

Seriously Julius watching QVC is clearly bad for your health and your continual aggression is getting very tedious!!!

Has Fiona lost weight? There's definitely something different about her face on this visit. Or is it just because her hair and fringe in particular have got even longer? I was trying to find some video of products from earlier presentations, but I think they have had a bit of a clear-out and I couldn't find anything where she's wearing the older beige or purple uniform... they're all the very unflattering black with the rigid gold-trimmed armhole (not flattering for the less toned upper arm).

She was the one gest on BNI who Ali actually let finish a sentence before interrupting. If I'd been Simon from Hairfix, I would have wanted to throttle her (and I like Ali!).

Mind you if it came to a smackdown between Fiona and Ali, I think Fiona would wipe the floor with Ali.

Latest posts

Back