New look?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"Back on topic" is exactly right, Kathy. More and more, on here, I am witnessing personal attacks, and it really is not nice, not what a forum is about, and a waste of energy. I have been the victim of abuse on here, and it really is unnecessary.
The point of a forum, is to allow us all to express an opinion, democratically. Although I don't make personal comments about presenters appearance, etc., there are always those who will.
But insulting other members? This forum is better than that. If you have issues with someone, on a personal level, just ignore their post.

"Back on topic" is exactly right, Kathy. More and more, on here, I am witnessing personal attacks, and it really is not nice, not what a forum is about, and a waste of energy. I have been the victim of abuse on here, and it really is unnecessary.
The point of a forum, is to allow us all to express an opinion, democratically. Although I don't make personal comments about presenters appearance, etc., there are always those who will.
But insulting other members? This forum is better than that. If you have issues with someone, on a personal level, just ignore their post.

I've blocked her, Louise, and her me, so there shouldn't be any further problems. I apologise for any inconvenience / upset. J.

Back on topic, I think Catherine's new hair colour/style puts years on her, and imo not the least bit flattering.

It's ironic given that her natural hair colouring is brown :mysmilie_17:

I thought the get-up she was in during the Kim & Co show was almost Debbie Flint-esque... all she needed was a pair of white peep-toe wedges to complete the look.

As she's always going on about her short legs, I was interested to see her showing more of these offending pins. They don't look particularly short to me... probably about average length. And let's face it, if your legs touch the floor that's good enough for most of us :mysmilie_47:

Overall yesterday evening was a sartorially-challenged evening for the QVC presenters, wasn't it? Even if you like the colours of what they were wearing, it wasn't achieving a good look on the TV screen.

Oh ok then. Did you move Julius? I always thought you were in Brighton

I've lived in London for 9 years, prior to that I lived in Paris for 4 years, before that, Vilnius, Nottingham, Windsor, Eastbourne and Brighton / Hove. When I worked at Bush House I used to get the National Express coach and then Tube to Temple - one hell of a commute! I've moved around a lot over the years but live in London as that's where the work is. I was going to move back to Brighton and got offered a job at Bupa International but I decided not to take it. I think it was the right decision.

Always remember there is the "report a post" function plus people have the option to contact myself or Graham directly too.

I always enjoy the witty banter we have here. When things get personal between forumites, I tend to stop reading the thread. I have rolled around laughing at some posts, but it is a fact that some will take offence easier than others. Usually things blow over, and we are back on track.
Anyhoo, building a deck in the garden 3mtr square and making the best of the weather, so I will be away till later! Hope I don't get any nasty replies! Ps I love you all...........

I always enjoy the witty banter we have here. When things get personal between forumites, I tend to stop reading the thread. I have rolled around laughing at some posts, but it is a fact that some will take offence easier than others. Usually things blow over, and we are back on track.
Anyhoo, building a deck in the garden 3mtr square and making the best of the weather, so I will be away till later! Hope I don't get any nasty replies! Ps I love you all...........

Awwww shucks! Luv u 2 D! :mysmilie_12::heart::mysmilie_518:
I've got an airing cupboard to clear out that I've been putting off all week :mysmilie_47:

.. . . I have been the victim of abuse on here, and it really is unnecessary.

I couldn't agree more, and the posts I object to are extremely abusive. They may not be directed towards other forum members, and of course everyone has a right to voice their opinion, but it is never necessary to be vicious and deliberately hurtful about anyone and the posts I was referring to drip vitriol. They are not amusing, tongue in cheek comments, they are very personal and nasty. If the author of those posts has the right to post these in public (and I believe the public audience is a lot of the reason they are written in this way) then as another forum member I reserve the right to publicly detach myself from them. Anyone with even a rudimentary command of the English language should be able to convey exactly what they think without continually being aggressive and abusive.

I find many journalists in certain newspapers write in a vindictive manner. That's why I don't buy any newspapers or the App equivalent. Not that I am saying that I am taken in by anyone online, but I do try to take people at face value. It is too draining to be constantly suspicious of people.

I don't like threads which are personal about presenters either. But sometimes, on occasion, even I post on here to express surprise
at some of the horrific ensembles I see on QVC! Usually I feel guilty. Like when I posted that Tova's hair looked like a Guilyan chocolate seashell. I felt terribly guilty after posting that.

For anyone using the ignore function on here just remember if someone quotes the person's post you can still see it, and you can still see it if you are not logged in.

I find many journalists in certain newspapers write in a vindictive manner. That's why I don't buy any newspapers or the App equivalent. Not that I am saying that I am taken in by anyone online, but I do try to take people at face value. It is too draining to be constantly suspicious of people.

I don't like threads which are personal about presenters either. But sometimes, on occasion, even I post on here to express surprise
at some of the horrific ensembles I see on QVC! Usually I feel guilty. Like when I posted that Tova's hair looked like a Guilyan chocolate seashell. I felt terribly guilty after posting that.

For anyone using the ignore function on here just remember if someone quotes the person's post you can still see it, and you can still see it if you are not logged in.

I don't see much of a problem with something slightly caustic. Of course there is a line that can be crossed. If we stuck to purely factual information it would make for a very dull read - it would be like playing the piano without sharps / flats. In all the years I've been on here I have only seen fit to block one person and they have also blocked me so that should deal with things.

I'm all for debate and contrasting views, however when things start to take a turn towards the ridiculous "one-upmanship" it's time to move away from that. I'm not saying I haven't done it. I did write a few acerbic things to Scout and I'm not sorry for doing so. I am sorry if anyone else has been upset by it, though. I sometimes wonder how people would turn out to be in person. Maybe there should be a forum gathering!

i come to read Julius posts
when i am in the mood for commentary
that is bitchier and full of vitriolic judgement than a a gaggle of bearded drag queens on cabaret night at the Pecker and Ferret
and more stereotyping and labelling than an ad agency algorithmic market segment profiler on acid
his posts always deliver :0)

She's toned it down from a coppery shade to a bronze. As usual she's mentioned the weight she's put on with all the Easter eggs she's eaten. What's that, Cath? A mini egg?
I don't think I can watch any more...that Kim Mendleson's voice...she sounds like she's pissed!

Kim was so excited , and she gets very giggly, loud and had that very uncontrollable laughter.

She was very excited that she had made a good kill

I don't mind Kim , when I first knew her from QVC , I thought she was very silly ,person giggling and laughing without a reason, but I realised it could a nervous affliction

I quite like her now and I admire her knowledge of all the item numbers , fabric, sizes etc of her stuff like no other guests.

She also listens to the customers and has made longer sizes for the taller ladies and petite sizes for the smaller ones.

I still think that some of her clothes are pricey especially the polyester ones... a polyester sleeveless top for £43 plus P & P, ??come on Kim !

Last edited:
They are expensive but boy do they last - my husband says that the only thing left after 'the bomb' would be cockroaches and Kim & Co fabric :mysmilie_59:.

I've got a lot of the plain vest tops as I wear them with almost everything - under sheer blouses, v-neck jumpers, light weight tops etc.... to protect my modesty.

Some tops have been worn hundreds of times yet have not faded; seams are still straight and the size and shape has not altered.

I've got a couple of pairs of her black crepe narrow leg trousers that have seen me through some years and are still going strong - wear, wash, hang, ready to go again.

So, wear for wear, they are actually better value than others that may shrink, fade etc.

I love her stuff - some of the patterns are not my thing but her 'staples' are second to none in convenience and durability.

They are expensive but boy do they last - my husband says that the only thing left after 'the bomb' would be cockroaches and Kim & Co fabric :mysmilie_59:.

I've got a lot of the plain vest tops as I wear them with almost everything - under sheer blouses, v-neck jumpers, light weight tops etc.... to protect my modesty.

Some tops have been worn hundreds of times yet have not faded; seams are still straight and the size and shape has not altered.

I've got a couple of pairs of her black crepe narrow leg trousers that have seen me through some years and are still going strong - wear, wash, hang, ready to go again.

So, wear for wear, they are actually better value than others that may shrink, fade etc.

I love her stuff - some of the patterns are not my thing but her 'staples' are second to none in convenience and durability.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: that is funny and most probably accurate ! Another thing, most of her clothes do not date, some of her clothes could be worn after years (only if we could get in them:mysmilie_17: )

She's just told us now that she's lost a lot of weight and has got sagging skin! Make up your mind, Cath! Ew! I wish she'd stop talking about her sagging flaps! She must just be fishing for compliments! I'd like to go on as a guest and say, "Yeah actually do do look a little tubbier, come to think of it!" or: "Show us your sagging skin!"

CH is getting ( got to be) a real pain, 'gone wrong fake tan/ can't do maths/ short legs/ long body' etc. just shut up & get on with presenting items.

Scouty, you're being a bit selective, innit! Maybe you didn't read what I wrote about Jan Springer and actually quite a few others. If anything your posts often betray more than a touch of vitriol. Go and read Alan Bennett's "A Lady of Letters" and you will surely see something of yourself in that persona. I can just imagine you sitting in your conservatory, green Crimplene skirt, Michele Hope stretchy lace, dish of stewed prunes sitting on the doily, dictionary and Basildon Bond at the ready as you pen an outraged epistle to the local MP in response to something you read in the Daily Express!

No, that would be me !!! I'm a bugger for writing to the Expresss, - far more likely to get it printed than in the Mail !!!

Ah, a quick backtrack there - I misread what I had highlighted. No, I don't write to my MP, but I DO write to the Express.

Ah, a quick backtrack there - I misread what I had highlighted. No, I don't write to my MP, but I DO write to the Express.

I used to like the Express but now they're taking things too far and I'm not keen on the silly weather stories. I like the Mail. Jan Moir is brilliant!

The crossword in S magazine is nice to do on a Sunday.

Haven't bought a newspaper or read one for years, they are full of c##p. Used to have Daily Mirror in the early 80's but stopped when they paid some criminal for their story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back