The Britton Empire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else noticed a certain similarity between the fictional Gordan Brittas (The Brittas Empire) and Ideal’s Tim Britton tim.jpg brit.jpg

From what I saw of yesterday’s Bike Box show, there seemed to be quite an emphasis on the ‘comedy’ element, with Peter Simon doing his utmost to embarrass Tim with innuendo and general crudity.

A typical scene from yesterday’s ‘The Britton Empire’ was when Peter asked Tim if he was wearing any underwear. Such a completely inappropriate question was enough to have the Ideal World studio in stitches (no need for canned laughter at this channel). It would be fair to say that Peter seemed to have quite a thing for Tim, or ‘Timbo’ as he would refer to him, and this was manifest in the general horseplay that featured throughout the show...although it has to be said that such ‘horseplay’ was entirely one-sided on Peter Simon’s side.

Just like the fictional Brittas Empire, Tim’s good intentions were always going to end in farce. Rather than demonstrating fitness equipment, his real role was to provide a straight man, or stooge, for Peter Simon’s increasingly suggestive camp capers. In this role, Tim proved the consummate professional.

When it comes to squirming with embarrassment, or being professionally undermined by an ageing former Ronald McDonald actor, then this really was an Oscar-winning performance:mysmilie_59:

Has anyone else noticed a certain similarity between the fictional Gordan Brittas (The Brittas Empire) and Ideal’s Tim Britton View attachment 11293 View attachment 11294

From what I saw of yesterday’s Bike Box show, there seemed to be quite an emphasis on the ‘comedy’ element, with Peter Simon doing his utmost to embarrass Tim with innuendo and general crudity.

A typical scene from yesterday’s ‘The Britton Empire’ was when Peter asked Tim if he was wearing any underwear. Such a completely inappropriate question was enough to have the Ideal World studio in stitches (no need for canned laughter at this channel). It would be fair to say that Peter seemed to have quite a thing for Tim, or ‘Timbo’ as he would refer to him, and this was manifest in the general horseplay that featured throughout the show...although it has to be said that such ‘horseplay’ was entirely one-sided on Peter Simon’s side.

Just like the fictional Brittas Empire, Tim’s good intentions were always going to end in farce. Rather than demonstrating fitness equipment, his real role was to provide a straight man, or stooge, for Peter Simon’s increasingly suggestive camp capers. In this role, Tim proved the consummate professional.

When it comes to squirming with embarrassment, or being professionally undermined by an ageing former Ronald McDonald actor, then this really was an Oscar-winning performance:mysmilie_59:

Didn't see it but I can imagine..........and how anyone at IW finds Pervy Peter Simons outdated 1980s politically incorrect campfest is totally beyond me.

I've seen Peter Simon presenting with Tim myself, and it's painfully obvious he has a bit of a "thing" for Tim. He ended one show wrestling the man on the exercise mat - can't remember what they were presenting but I did post about it at the time. Seemingly it's ok because it's "entertainment". Not from where I'm sitting. Poor Tim!

Today's 7pm Bike Box show swapped Peter Simon for shouty "barra boi" Gollum, and although I never saw Pete's stint yesterday Gollum can't have been that much of an improvement as he seemed to patronise one of the ladies about her advancing age. He may defend his behaviour as a "bit of fun" but is he 100% sure that the lady in question wasn't even slightly embarrassed in relation to his behaviour?

Thankfully they kept Gollum corralled at one side of the studio for some of the time, perhaps much to the relief of Tim and the others, though I wasn't really paying attention at this point (and who could blame me).

Gollum is another politically incorrect idiot........anyone else noticed that he's vanishing before our eyes? if he gets any skinnier, it'll only be his nose stoping him from slipping through the cracks in the pavement, yep, only his nose. :mysmilie_17:

I got in late and so saw one of these shows. He pulled Timbo's face towards himself and said 'you've got lovely eyes' and then later on touched his legs and pointed out that 'Timbo' had shaved them

I must pay more attention to IW.looks like I'm missing a lot. Brittas Empire was and is one of my favourites. Complete surreal madness.......

I got in late and so saw one of these shows. He pulled Timbo's face towards himself and said 'you've got lovely eyes' and then later on touched his legs and pointed out that 'Timbo' had shaved them

Ugh. Sounds like a pervy uncle who needs 'supervising' when he comes to visit the family. :down:

Latest posts

Back