Michelle Mone's jewellery range - because you're worth it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
As I was checking the website, for shows recently on air, I thought I would see what was in the 8 o'clock hour. Nice little fake tanzanite ring, as a OTO. Then I saw the price of a necklace. Now I do realise this isn't just any old jewellery designer here, but Lady Mone, but £369.99 plus £5.95 postage, for sterling silver, adorned with paste, is ridiculous. I cannot imagine the cost of the materials alone, amounting to any more than £50, and I'm being generous.
Would anyone actually consider spending that amount of money on what is, basically, bling? It is a precious metal, which is a plus, but I would not pay that if it was 18ct gold.
I am not into celebrity watching and chasing, and am not impressed,in the least, by 'names'. In fact, quite the reverse, I am more likely not to buy because of the endorsement.

If you like "bling" then this range is likely to please. However not at that price! I liked one of the tennis bracelets in this range and it was really gorgeous. Just a bit too bling and not really "me". It makes no difference to me whose name is on the range (celebs don't impress me either) but I do like to take the range on its own merit and ignore the celeb endorsement. I prefer subtle (But still substantial)pieces of eek, such as 1ct size solitaire earnings, a 2 stone bypass ring and a pair of snuggie eek and MOP earnings, and a circle pendant. I never wear all of them at the same time though, just one at a time, but all of the bits I have are suitable for everyday wear with casual as well as dressy clothes. I have just counted that I own just 6 pieces of eek, no Michelle Mone, Andrea McLean or whatever the other one's name is though.

Why any one would want to wear copies of celebrities jewellery I've no idea. Which ever way you cut it, £370 is an absolutely ridiculous price for costume jewellery, you could get some real 18ct gold and nice quality diamonds on eBay for that. Caught a glimpse of Ms Mone(y) a while ago and thought she'd just got out of bed, she was either tired or high...........open your eyes woman! :mysmilie_17:

Its noticeable that quite a few 'pieces' of paste are now in three figures, in fact most of the prices for non-gem jeweller - Bibi Bijoux to B & W to Lola Rose are shooting through the roof, and can cost the same as a week's groceries.

Why any one would want to wear copies of celebrities jewellery I've no idea. Which ever way you cut it, £370 is an absolutely ridiculous price for costume jewellery, you could get some real 18ct gold and nice quality diamonds on eBay for that. Caught a glimpse of Ms Mone(y) a while ago and thought she'd just got out of bed, she was either tired or high...........open your eyes woman! :mysmilie_17:

Not only EBay, but just watching the auction antique progs where you think that high carat gold jewellery (especially rings) would fetch a good amount, when in fact they don't ! a lot of 'stuff' that I've watched goes for around the £120 mark.

Personally, they'd need to pay me that to wear it. Those prices are ridiculous, and they must be laughing all the way to the bank. Good luck, I suppose, if people are gullible enough to spend £370 for a piece of costume jewellery with no intrinsic value apart from a tiny amount of silver.

Personally, they'd need to pay me that to wear it. Those prices are ridiculous, and they must be laughing all the way to the bank. Good luck, I suppose, if people are gullible enough to spend £370 for a piece of costume jewellery with no intrinsic value apart from a tiny amount of silver.

I agree H, I wouldn't put £3.70 in Mone(y)s pocket (or QVCs) let alone £370 for silver and cut glass.

I've noticed this, brissles. I know that sometimes the condition of these pieces isn't good or rings are a non-standard/very small size (which they often don't mention on the antiques programmes - there was one a while back where the shank of the ring had a dent in it, but the only mention of it was made by the auctioneer just before the item was auctioned, and the dent was clearly visible in close-up). People go to these auctions looking for a bargain, and unless the item is very rare or someone at the auction house hasn't spotted that it's valuable so mis-catalogued it, then items don't make high prices.

Not only EBay, but just watching the auction antique progs where you think that high carat gold jewellery (especially rings) would fetch a good amount, when in fact they don't ! a lot of 'stuff' that I've watched goes for around the £120 mark.

I think you would be hard put to find anyone in Scotland (myself included) who would buy anything from her range. I saw her first show just out of curiosity and nothing appealed to me, but the price - hell no wonder she's a millionaire absolutely rubbish pricing - no way would I pay anything like the prices she's quoting - forget it ladies, there are better things to spend money on.

I'm afraid her designs even if they were in precious stones and metals wouldn't appeal. They would look at home in my big fat gypsy wedding. Reminds me of when Rapper celebs buy a zillion dollar ring for their girlfriend, cost a fortune and not an ounce of class.

Her bra business is going down the tube it seems, Karma is a B*tch in this case:mysmilie_15:

The tanning range someone said in the bargain bins, double Karma.

I would watch the selfish &%*£ if you paid me.

I find her totally insulting when she keeps harping on about owning the "real thing". Paste copies for us plebs and that will pay for a bit more real jewellery for her. Also annoyed that she said her earrings would compliment high street fashion, like Zara, which she clearly regards as being on the same level as Primark.

I think you would be hard put to find anyone in Scotland (myself included) who would buy anything from her range. I saw her first show just out of curiosity and nothing appealed to me, but the price - hell no wonder she's a millionaire absolutely rubbish pricing - no way would I pay anything like the prices she's quoting - forget it ladies, there are better things to spend money on.

Oh dear, you don't suppose this is another reason why Lisa Snowden believes she's headed for great riches ?

In the trailer she says she has been a Q supplier for years and years

What all has she supplied which is sold on Q? I only know her for bras which I dont think Q ever sold and some sort of tan which I suppose they might have.

Or is it a case of opening the mouth and let any old BS out? If so she will be well at home at Q with all the other BSers

Latest posts

Back