In The Kitchen TSV 10/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A set of 12 mix n match vegetable peelers; ideal for splitting to give as gifts, and to stash all over your house for those 'need to peel a carrot' moments. :mysmilie_17:

Im sure I bought something similar to this, but it was supposed to be a microwave slow cooker, Ive bought some rubbish form qvc in my time but this had to be the worst, I did try to use it but it finally went in the bin

Rangemate Square Microwave Grill with Recipe Book
Item Number: 805055
QVC Price £33.00
Today's Special Value Price £26.88
P&P £4.95

This microwave-safe grill pan lets you grill, stir-fry, steam and bake foods in your microwave, using innovative technology that converts microwaves into infrared rays, cooking foods at an extreme temperature for an oven-cooked taste. Enjoy delicious home-cooked meals - like a whole roast chicken in 30 minutes - with this easy-to-use microwave grill from Rangemate.

Fresh flavour - avoid pre-packaged, processed foods even when in a rush, and enjoy a delicious, just-cooked taste from your microwave; meats come out juicy and succulent, veggies are tender and whether foods are fresh or frozen, they won't dry out.

Grill, steam or bake - this innovative pan lets you grill beef, chicken and fish as a healthier option than frying, plus you can steam vegetables and rice, and even bake cakes!

Compact, versatile design - it's just the right size to cook for one or two people or prepare additional foods while making dinner for the family. The compact shape makes it easy to take on a caravan holiday and makes it ideal for students or people with limited space and no room for a conventional oven.

Ceramic and silicone
For microwave cooking only
Non-stick ceramic coating for easy clean-up (hand wash only)
Microwave-safe up to 248C
Grill pan with lid (h x w): 13.3cm x 27.3cm (5.25" x 10.75")

What's in the box?
1 x Rangemate grill pan with lid
1 x user guide and recipe book

Colour options:
Purple
Red
Green
Blue

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805055

I've just watched the video.

It doesn't start at the beginning, it seems to be 1/2 way through when they are taking food out of the microwave ovens. I wonder if something went wrong at the beginning of the live show.

What I saw was quite amusing, with Charlie making reference to people criticising him for all his eating --- was he referring to this forum?

Anyway, it turns out that you can't wash it properly, despite being a greasy/oily grill pan.

Simon said you must not immerse it, you could only rinse the grill surface under the tap!

That would be very effective, I'm sure! Charlie tried to cover it by saying that the non-stick surface was very good.

I've just watched the video.

It doesn't start at the beginning, it seems to be 1/2 way through when they are taking food out of the microwave ovens. I wonder if something went wrong at the beginning of the live show.

What I saw was quite amusing, with Charlie making reference to people criticising him for all his eating --- was he referring to this forum?

Anyway, it turns out that you can't wash it properly, despite being a greasy/oily grill pan.

Simon said you must not immerse it, you could only rinse the grill surface under the tap!

That would be very effective, I'm sure! Charlie tried to cover it by saying that the non-stick surface was very good.

I was interested in this until it was mentioned about just swilling it off under the tap and not immersing it in water, not great if you want to cook something strong smelling like fish or meat in spices. I noticed this was only mentioned fleetingly, perhaps to not dwell on a distinct disadvantage. It saved me some money anyway!

Oh dear. This would sit in my cupboard forever and never see the light of day. It's just another silly gimmicky kitchen item from QVC. It's a waste of time if you can't immerse it in water and wash it properly. I got rid of a George Foreman grill for exactly that reason. No matter how l tried l could not gen the thing clean. Not very hygenic if you ask me!

Someone of Q`s facebook page raised the point that it wouldn`t fit into her microwave even though they were saying it fits into all standard microwaves. What exactly is a standard sized microwave or do they mean an American standard sized MW ?

They also said ALL UK microwaves had the power marking on the front.

Mine isn't very old and doesn't, neither does my OH's 2 year old model.

Where do the presenters get all these misleading statements from?

I know, from the Selly-Tellys school of hard sell

Latest posts

Back