Alison's dark circles!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
Alison is presenting an IT cosmetics show, selling a new under eye concealer and brush. And, dear me, she has the biggest dark circles under her eyes. I think that the director must have been told not to zoom in on her.

the beauty expert is mortal....she's lost her jaw definition too, just like the rest of us 50 somethings!!

If you have eye bags, you have eye bags and no amount of facial gloop will fix them.

She needs to cut her fringe, how can she have it catching on her eyelashes like that ?

She has once again described herself as a make up artist of 30 years.

I believe she has thyroid issues which don't help with eye bags / circles plus she is now a quinquagenarian. At least she is ageing naturally and not resorting to the "Tova tambourine" face area that is so popular among women "d'un certain age" on telly. I think she goes down the skincare route and practises what she preaches. For this reason I think she deserves some credit. For all her faults (annoying voice, domineering manner and 80s dress sense) she does have some redeeming features. I can't imagine QVC viewers taking to some 19-year-old spring chicken in the way they've taken to Alison for 20 yerrs.

I think it was the IT cosmetics to blame for the unhealthy look last night. The foundation or perhaps it was the IT Bye Bye looked almost white on her skin, the shiny shiny shiny strips on the cheeks(low flying aircraft would be trying to land if they saw them), the thick black eyeliner and the deep red lipstick. All did nothing for her. Really thought she had stepped away from this for awhile but like old comfy slippers the look was back. If the IT cosmetics people did the makeup they are pants. Usually when a visiting make up brand is over they do her make up and usually 8 or 9 times out of 10 she looks so much better.

Oh and the 80s want their patterned tights back(hey Madonna and I both had those but it was 30 years ago), a 20 something would still get away with the look.

So Alison Young, unfortunately its back on the WTF do you look like step. Take this as a warning and do try harder next time.

If you have eye bags, you have eye bags and no amount of facial gloop will fix them.

I agree, which is why I don't buy into any of the beauty products anymore. I buy Liquid Gold and CMC and very little else....
Imo Alison now looks her age, which prove to me no amount of slap will make a difference.

I can't remember ever seeing AY actually apply makeup to herself or a model. Her hair is a mess hanging over her eyes and her dress sense is nil. It's time for change She needs a complete update and needs to see an expert in fashion and beauty Asap.

As someone who doesn't view and just browses QVC online, I thought I'd take a look at the clip mentioned, she looks really rough. A big difference in a short time.

the beauty expert is mortal....she's lost her jaw definition too, just like the rest of us 50 somethings!!
And it was very obvious on the IT hour. Should she not be using CACI, TUA, the red light machine (forgot the name) things that she is flogging, or go to the salon? She is more a farm girl than a beauty junkie, and first and foremost she is a sales woman. I remember there was a photo of her with a brown spot on a cheek, there are lots of brands she could use or again go to the salon to maintain her looks. She obviously doesn't care, and never mind the teeth, and the fringe and the greasy hair, especially yesterday.

. . . . Oh and the 80s want their patterned tights back(hey Madonna and I both had those but it was 30 years ago), a 20 something would still get away with the look.

So Alison Young, unfortunately its back on the WTF do you look like step. Take this as a warning and do try harder next time.

I'm afraid it's us that are out of date, not Ali. As with the dark roots, Ali's bang on trend, because patterned tights are back. They were all over New York and London and all the other Fashion Weeks and most of the mags and blogs have been full of them. Can't say I like them any more now than I did in the 80s!

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/02/103241/graphic-tights-trend-nyfw-2016#slide

http://www.instyle.com/news/5-tights-trends-new-york-fashion-week-try-now

Yes I agree she didn't look too good which was surprising as I flicked onto a beauty show last week and thought the exact opposite.

I'd forgotten that, you're right Suki, she had some virus and missed a few shows. They put a pic up on the blogs of her tucked up in bed looking like death. She only came back this week.

I'd forgotten that, you're right Suki, she had some virus and missed a few shows. They put a pic up on the blogs of her tucked up in bed looking like death. She only came back this week.
Did they really have to post that pic?

I don't know what make up Chuntley was wearing on the elastic underwire show but the colour was awful and even Mr L asked what was wrong with the puffy eyes.

Of course she was soooo busy preening and running her hands all over her body to notice the bad make up.

Marginally better on the Veronese show.

BTW isn't Gennetta's new look stunning (well I think so anyway)

If she hadn't been well & has thyroid problems it will have taken its toll. You don't just bounce back from illness like you did in your twenties either.

Latest posts

Back