Refreshing honesty?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just been watching Gems TV, and Ellis Ward is presenting a Tanzanite hour. She has just stated that nobody today is in a position to state how long the supply of Tanzanite will last...and that anyone saying otherwise is talking rubbish. Isn't that what we've been saying on here for ages? Seems to confirm that all the previous cobblers about it being likely "it will be gone in 10-20 years" is the carp we always thought it was. Most of the presenters have gone strangely quiet of late about it, having probably been told not to say anything, but if Ellis has bucked the trend then good on her.

Just for information on Tanzanite.

The area it was found in was split into four blocks A,B,C and D. A and B are now defunct and empty. Block C is known as Tanzanite one (Confusing I know). It is currently not working due to safety worries that may have just been resolved. D block is mined by small local miners of which one owned by a gentleman called Money(sic) His mine is still working but not producing as he was having to dig a deeper shaft to get to another layer of Tanzanite some 1000 feet below ground. (Not an easy task).

Hope this helps. Ellis is correct but how much more will buyers be prepared to pay to get the gemstones out?

I find it a tad annoying how they all talk like tanzanite could disappear tomorrow.... but then have an entire day of it.

Agree, mr tom, totally stupid and shows a lack of joined-up thinking if they don't realise the viewers will notice! The tanzanite "hype" has been around for so long now, I shouldn't think there's anyone taken in by these stories.

I find it a tad annoying how they all talk like tanzanite could disappear tomorrow.... but then have an entire day of it.

If Tanzanite was that rare, would we really be seeing loads of it all over shopping channels in lower-cost silver pieces? Wouldn't jewellers be putting it in platinum or 18K gold to maximise profit?

Latest posts

Back