Loen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is a great pity that Andy is not on IW any more. To think they replaced him with the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason ... just not the same calibre at all.

I do not watch much on IW, I watch the fashion hours and sometimes the gardening hours. Once I wanted to watch the Nativity Stone jewellery ( as I did not know of it before) and that was the first time I saw him, and goodness me, what an introduction!!! He looked so " pious" and the act was so hilarious, I will never forget it as long as I live. It was unbelievable!!

They wouldn't know a good presenter if they fell over one. I liked Loen because she could be funny and didn't take herself too seriously, my only 'beef' was that she sometimes wouldn't let the guest speak before butting in, but she was still streets ahead of the Pope, Barrow Boy, Shaun The Sob Story and Mr Bodily Functions (aka Howard The Bowels).

Shaun the Sob Story suits him very well, although I think it's only fair that we acknowledge his more playful side...

Here's a picture of Shaun in a much happier mood, being swept off his feet by fellow cruise presenter Keith Maynard (a man who refers to himself as 'Beefikeefi') bf.jpg

Feel free to add your own captions...

Last edited:
ctd, I also saw the first one, and I'm still having treatment (thankfully, I'm doing well, my counsellor tells me only another 3,600 sessions and that should do it). I agree with you - it was totally priceless, and I was crying with laughter. Those of you who haven't seen Pete on the Nativity Jewellery hours: read this and weep!!:headbang::giggle:

I do not watch much on IW, I watch the fashion hours and sometimes the gardening hours. Once I wanted to watch the Nativity Stone jewellery ( as I did not know of it before) and that was the first time I saw him, and goodness me, what an introduction!!! He looked so " pious" and the act was so hilarious, I will never forget it as long as I live. It was unbelievable!!

desertranger, it will be a long time before I forgive you for this, consider our delicate state....(can't put a caption - it would get taken off!!!..) :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_13:
Shaun the Sob Story suits him very well, although I think it's only fair that we acknowledge his more playful side...

Here's a picture of Shaun in a much happier mood, being swept off his feet by fellow cruise presenter Keith Maynard (a man who refers to himself as 'Beefikeefi') View attachment 11387

ctd, I also saw the first one, and I'm still having treatment (thankfully, I'm doing well, my counsellor tells me only another 3,600 sessions and that should do it). I agree with you - it was totally priceless, and I was crying with laughter. Those of you who haven't seen Pete on the Nativity Jewellery hours: read this and weep!!:headbang::giggle:

:mysmilie_17: I will never forget that OTT acting and the look on his face, it was as if he was holding the Holy Grail :mysmilie_61: The piety he displayed (acted) and him telling how he was speechless :mysmilie_458: The picture of him, with folded hands, with his thumbs on his lips:mysmilie_510:

I googled to see if they had a video of him selling the Nativity jewellery or the semi-precious stone angels. I don't think IW have them videoed like QVC does.

Did you see the one where he started to recite lines from "Bridge Over Troubled Water" while flogging the Nativity Stones Jewellery? Oh it was enough to bust your corsets (if you were wearing any, that is). And if he said it was "gold" once, he said it 50 times, and then had to correct himself, because it was gold-plated. I nearly had a turn because I was laughing so much - my ribs hurt for days. Talk about 'ham' - there was enough in his act to feed half of England. He's never been better (or worse?) than those early Nativity Stones hours, they were classics. I'm not surprised the videos are not around - most people would pay a hitman to destroy the evidence, but not Pope P, he probably thought he'd given a BAFTA-winning performance.

:mysmilie_17: I will never forget that OTT acting and the look on his face, it was as if he was holding the Holy Grail :mysmilie_61: The piety he displayed (acted) and him telling how he was speechless :mysmilie_458: The picture of him, with folded hands, with his thumbs on his lips:mysmilie_510:

I googled to see if they had a video of him selling the Nativity jewellery or the semi-precious stone angels. I don't think IW have them videoed like QVC does.

Last edited:
Did you see the one where he started to recite lines from "Bridge Over Troubled Water" while flogging the Nativity Stones Jewellery? Oh it was enough to bust your corsets (if you were wearing any, that is). And if he said it was "gold" once, he said it 50 times, and then had to correct himself, because it was gold-plated. I nearly had a turn because I was laughing so much - my ribs hurt for days. Talk about 'ham' - there was enough in his act to feed half of England. He's never been better (or worse?) than those early Nativity Stones hours, they were classics. I'm not surprised the videos are not around - most people would pay a hitman to destroy the evidence, but not Pope P, he probably thought he'd given a BAFTA-winning performance.

He's got more ham the Miss Piggy. :mysmilie_17: My flesh creeps with embarrassment when he does that slow, pious, patronising tone, he obviously hasn't got any friends, because a real friend would tape him and force him to watch.

Here's a picture of Shaun in a much happier mood, being swept off his feet by fellow cruise presenter Keith Maynard (a man who refers to himself as 'Beefikeefi') View attachment 11387

'ooh if only that big nosh Jase hadn't already swept you off your dancing feet, Honky Tonks'

image.jpg

Pity Nanty never bothered to sweep his poor Dad off his bad feet and get him that motorised trolley he so gushes over :mysmilie_59:

I can exclusively reveal the outfit Mr ... oops sorry Reverend ... Peter Simon will be wearing when he next presents nativity jewelry or any other stuff he needs to be serious about.

peter.jpg

Tbh I've not even dipped in to IW for a while, did so the other night and it was a watch hour, with him! As soon as I hopped on to the channel the first words I heard were something like 'the magnificence of not only ... coupled with the radiance of the quality of the blue sea like dial that draw you in like a wondrous sea maiden ...'

I hopped back to mainstream telly STRAIGHT away. Jokes aside I recall finding him quite amusing years ago ... now he just irritates me. I've said it before, one can only assume these guys, (him, Mike, the loud Irish girl etc) are getting the numbers in terms of sales during hours they present. The powers that be won't give a sh*t how likeable they are 'if' they're doing the trick in terms of sales.

I can exclusively reveal the outfit Mr ... oops sorry Reverend ... Peter Simon will be wearing when he next presents nativity jewelry or any other stuff he needs to be serious about.

View attachment 11394

Tbh I've not even dipped in to IW for a while, did so the other night and it was a watch hour, with him! As soon as I hopped on to the channel the first words I heard were something like 'the magnificence of not only ... coupled with the radiance of the quality of the blue sea like dial that draw you in like a wondrous sea maiden ...'

I hopped back to mainstream telly STRAIGHT away. Jokes aside I recall finding him quite amusing years ago ... now he just irritates me. I've said it before, one can only assume these guys, (him, Mike, the loud Irish girl etc) are getting the numbers in terms of sales during hours they present. The powers that be won't give a sh*t how likeable they are 'if' they're doing the trick in terms of sales.

I do believe shopper is right and it's all about the web. I swear they're making the TV channel so grotesque and unwatchable it's a ploy to direct people to the site.

The TV channel is utterly atrocious, it truly is. It's a ZILLION times worse than Bid was (minus the compliance indiscretions of course), there has surely never been anything like this before. You should have seen my Dad's face when Gen was on the other day, a reserved man mostly, he looked completely terrified.

Channel 654 is a ghoulish sight, worse than TRUMP :mysmilie_59:

Genevieve is fine, you leave her alone. So what if she SHOUTS all the flaming time, so what if she says 'of course' at least 3,000,000 times in each hour she presents, so what if she has a face you could throw a custard pie at with her stupid grins, so what if she's generally annoying ... other than all that she's completely fine :)

It would be a shame if Loen has left- but I am beginning to wonder if she has a new job with another TV channel and is on gardening leave - Dawn Bibby and Leonie Pujol both were off the air for a time when they channel hopped.

I thought he was bad enough on the Kinkycades hours, but they're not a patch on the Nativity Stones jewellery. Wonder if he's ever bought a piece of the Stones tat for Our Bet?
He's got more ham the Miss Piggy. :mysmilie_17: My flesh creeps with embarrassment when he does that slow, pious, patronising tone, he obviously hasn't got any friends, because a real friend would tape him and force him to watch.

This picture is a classic, cheeky chappie! Love it! He looks like a sanctimonious hypocrite.........Er, now I come to think of it.....:mysmilie_11:

View attachment 11394

Genevieve is fine, you leave her alone. So what if she SHOUTS all the flaming time, so what if she says 'of course' at least 3,000,000 times in each hour she presents, so what if she has a face you could throw a custard pie at with her stupid grins, so what if she's generally annoying ... other than all that she's completely fine :)

She is utterly unbearable. I mean demonic, savage in her relentless screeching of the goons unswerving mantra of ........ well you know what.

She looks completely possessed with those weird eyes that seem to have almost Cookie Monster like pupil movement.

She really is quite stark and alarming :mysmilie_13:

'ooh if only that big nosh Jase hadn't already swept you off your dancing feet, Honky Tonks'

View attachment 11393

Pity Nanty never bothered to sweep his poor Dad off his bad feet and get him that motorised trolley he so gushes over :mysmilie_59:

I'm sure 'Beefikeefi' has caused quite a stir among certain male presenters, especially with Shaun flaunting his obvious delight with his manly charms. Perhaps 'Beefikeefi' will strike again, taking on his 'biggest' challenge in the form of Big Brodder's. Now that would be an impressive lift...:sweat:

She is utterly unbearable. I mean demonic, savage in her relentless screeching of the goons unswerving mantra of ........ well you know what.

She looks completely possessed with those weird eyes that seem to have almost Cookie Monster like pupil movement.

She really is quite stark and alarming :mysmilie_13:

I agree, someone also should tell the woman, if they can get a word in in that split second she gasps for air, that it's not "mejum" it's medium, me!......de!.....um! medium! :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back