Q Tech feat Apple TSV 05/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No doubt with 'added value' and easy pay to justify the almost inevitable eye-watering high price :down:

Yep I was thinking the exact same thing myself. I mean I am flabbergasted that anyone would purchase Apple products of Q as they are very overpriced I mean at the moment they are selling a 16gb iPad mini for over £400 because they have the so-called 'added value' including 'tech-crew' that isn't free as you have to pay a local rate number for and Zinio voucher worth £100 which they then keep stating to 'take the price' of the selling price. Well even if you did that you would still only be around the price of the 16gb even from Apples own shop. No tis over-priced. But what gets me is that some people must 'fall for it' otherwise they wouldn't still be putting the TSV's out there.

Sorry if anyone posting on this forum is that gullible (stupid), no really I do apologise and recommend you see a good psychatrist straightaway, as you clearly do need your head read (either that of lighter to burn all that extra cash) :)

The only way I would buy Apple products at such high prices is if I was desperate to need to use either the easy pays, or didn't know if I wanted to keep it. QVC is the only place you can try computers/phones from and return then once you've broken the seal on the box.
I suppose you could always try it and if you do like it return it and buy it cheaper else where on an interest free card !
I expect they are hoping once you've started using it that you can't be bothered to uninstall everything to return it !
I know that Apple set the prices and yes they do give you some extras, but that still doesn't justify their prices.
Personally, I love Apple products ( one of my 5 a day), but I do think they cost a lot of money anyway, but they do a good job efficiently and that is why I buy them

The only way I would buy Apple products at such high prices is if I was desperate to need to use either the easy pays, or didn't know if I wanted to keep it. QVC is the only place you can try computers/phones from and return then once you've broken the seal on the box.

No they're not, Ideal World allow you to return them too, with quicker refunds if you're not happy. I've just bought an iPad 4 refurbished (well I say refurbished, I wouldn't have known if it wasn't me that ordered it, it arrived with all new parts, new charger and new packaging just as if I'd bought it new from Apple) I got three flexi-pays of £67, £199 in total but I added a few other things to my flex-basket. If I'd opened and not liked it, I could've returned it, no questions asked.

Sorry forgot to add the price that's why I've edited it.

Last edited:
I refuse to shop from Ideal World - I find them much worse for refunds and faulty stock .
My mother decided to go against my advice and ordered something from them again recently - well guess what, it was faulty so had to be returned and despite it being collected by their courier it got lost so she had to repeatedly keep phoning them to get a refund on a premium rate phone number - took her a well over month to get her money back.
At least QVC are a free phone number !

I refuse to shop from Ideal World - I find them much worse for refunds and faulty stock .
My mother decided to go against my advice and ordered something from them again recently - well guess what, it was faulty so had to be returned and despite it being collected by their courier it got lost so she had to repeatedly keep phoning them to get a refund on a premium rate phone number - took her a well over month to get her money back.
At least QVC are a free phone number !

QVC isn't a free phone number, you pay for it with the inflated p&p and goods, but you never have to ring IW anyway because they're not like QVC, IW actually do answer their emails. I've only ever had a couple of problems since day one with IW and they've handled them quickly and efficiently. We all like different things and have different experiences, for me it was the expensive p&p, slow refunds and the fact with QVC I always ended up paying full price for a second hand item, I always seemed to gets someone else's return. So I closed my account with QVC and I've never looked back. So for me personally, and it is only personally, I get good quality products, delivered in days, I can return with a pre paid label for £1.49 and my refund is always in my back within a week. We all shop were we feel we get the best service and value for me its IW, but like I say we're all different, so long as you're happy that's the main thing.

I suppose you could always try it and if you do like it return it and buy it cheaper else where on an interest free card !
I expect they are hoping once you've started using it that you can't be bothered to uninstall everything to return it !
I know that Apple set the prices and yes they do give you some extras, but that still doesn't justify their prices.
Personally, I love Apple products ( one of my 5 a day), but I do think they cost a lot of money anyway, but they do a good job efficiently and that is why I buy them

Easypay is the reason they get away with it, as far as I'm concerned anyway. I believe it's aimed squarely at people who might not get another opportunity elsewhere to pay in installments.

It's scandalous, interest free Easypay? My hide :down:

I bought my Bose from Q on easy pays .If it hadn't been for EP I wouldn't have bothered ,its quite a lot to pay out in one go.To be honest although it lives up to the sound ,I hardy use it and wouldn't miss it.

I agree EP hooks in people who would be put off with high price items .

I bought my Bose from Q on easy pays .If it hadn't been for EP I wouldn't have bothered ,its quite a lot to pay out in one go.To be honest although it lives up to the sound ,I hardy use it and wouldn't miss it.

I agree EP hooks in people who would be put off with high price items .

What sort of Bose?

I have the Wave radio (with the Soundtouch module), and use it as my main radio, although I have other DAB radios in other rooms.

No they're not, Ideal World allow you to return them too, with quicker refunds if you're not happy. I've just bought an iPad 4 refurbished (well I say refurbished, I wouldn't have known if it wasn't me that ordered it, it arrived with all new parts, new charger and new packaging just as if I'd bought it new from Apple) I got three flexi-pays of £67, £199 in total but I added a few other things to my flex-basket. If I'd opened and not liked it, I could've returned it, no questions asked.

Sorry forgot to add the price that's why I've edited it.

That's the 'problem' with Ideal they only sell refurbished, yes you may not know the difference between that and a brand-new version, but when it comes to tech I am always a bit wary with regards to whether it has been formatted and re-set correctly and whether if I had a problem I would be covered. Also of course if you are wanting to purchase a refurbished tech then it will be cheaper to purchase from an 'online auction website' and with some vendors you get the same returns policy.

You get a one year warranty same as offer if new, and three months technical advice just as if it was new, you can also use the Genius Bar in Apple strores, they put in a new battery, new outer casing front and back, new box new charger, so the only difference between one bought as new and mine is ooh about £200. My sons friend works as a manager in the Apple Store in our city centre, he told me it's absolutely no different from a brand new one. With a fourteen day money back guarantee and a years protection from Apple I thought what's to lose, and you know what, there's absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain, it's brilliant and a keeper and I'm so pleased I bought it, I love it and certainly wouldn't be here misleading anyone. No, I'm genuinely pleased with the bargain I got. :mysmilie_14:

You get a one year warranty same as offer if new, and three months technical advice just as if it was new, you can also use the Genius Bar in Apple strores, they put in a new battery, new outer casing front and back, new box new charger, so the only difference between one bought as new and mine is ooh about £200. My sons friend works as a manager in the Apple Store in our city centre, he told me it's absolutely no different from a brand new one. With a fourteen day money back guarantee and a years protection from Apple I thought what's to lose, and you know what, there's absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain, it's brilliant and a keeper and I'm so pleased I bought it, I love it and certainly wouldn't be here misleading anyone. No, I'm genuinely pleased with the bargain I got. :mysmilie_14:

That's right, Apple recons are usually not really any different from brand new items, they're a great buy.

Obviously in this case the iPad 4 isn't available brand new, it was discontinued in 2014 and has since been replaced by the
iPad Air and then the iPad Air 2.

It's still very usable for many everyday tasks but it's pretty slow when put up against later models (it's benchmark tests are lost by country mile by subsequent models with the newer processors) and some of the new advanced features of
iOS 9 are not available on it (in fact some aren't even available on the iPad Air) and it's limitations are quite glaring when using some of the more memory and graphic intense apps, particularly games, that are available nowadays.

But it's still a very capable device, whether it will be compatible with the next version of iOS is anyone's guess but that could also be said of other retired models:mysmilie_59:

That's right, Apple recons are usually not really any different from brand new items, they're a great buy.

Obviously in this case the iPad 4 isn't available brand new, it was discontinued in 2014 and has since been replaced by the

It's still very usable for many everyday tasks but it's pretty slow when put up against later models (it's benchmark tests are lost by country mile by subsequent models with the newer processors) and some of the new advanced features of
iOS 9 are not available on it (in fact some aren't even available on the iPad Air) and it's limitations are quite glaring when using some of the more memory and graphic intense apps, particularly games, that are available nowadays.

But it's still a very capable device, whether it will be compatible with the next version of iOS is anyone's guess but that could also be said of other retired models:mysmilie_59:

Re your last sentence, my house is full of superseded gadgets!

But I've never had a smartphone - yet?

To be honest, I only need it for shopping. My sons friend who manages the Apple Store in our city centre told me for my needs this modal is ideal for me and although it was discontinued the back end of 2014, in October, it's still relatively new technology and will update to iOS 9.3.1 immediately, which is the latest update, and it did. When I received it I was surprised to see it was the cellular modal which I was happy about because I wasn't expecting it, not that I'll use it but it was still a nice surprise, for me you see I only use it for shopping and coming on here, and because I don't use an iPad to its full potential, a new up to the second modal would be a total waste of hundreds of pounds. So for me to get a basically new iPad 4 cellular, for under £200 on three flexi-pay, makes shopperholic a happy..........er.........shopper! :mysmilie_14:

Sorry just editing because I forgot to mention the cellular.

Last edited:
I was wondering what tomorrow's Apple TSV will be when I came across this utterly jaw dropping 'bargain' on the Q website.

The discontinued iPhone 5S 16GB with 'added value' of a generic gel case, screen protector and 3 'smart apps' for, wait for it, £570 & £5.95 P&P, on 2 x Flexipay. The brand new iPhone SE 16GB (which supercedes the 5S) costs £359, delivered free, direct from Apple.

Absolutely breathtaking, even by ripoff Q standards. Don't hold your breath for a bargain with this TSV :mysmilie_13:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Apple-iPhone-5S-w--16GB-Storage-Gel-Case-Screen-Protector-&-3-x-Smart-Apps.product.505902.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-8-_-505902

I was wondering what tomorrow's Apple TSV will be when I came across this utterly jaw dropping 'bargain' on the Q website.

The discontinued iPhone 5S 16GB with 'added value' of a generic gel case, screen protector and 3 'smart apps' for, wait for it, £570 & £5.95 P&P, on 2 x Flexipay. The brand new iPhone SE 16GB (which supercedes the 5S) costs £359, delivered free, direct from Apple.

Absolutely breathtaking, even by ripoff Q standards. Don't hold your breath for a bargain with this TSV :mysmilie_13:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Apple-iPhone-5S-w--16GB-Storage-Gel-Case-Screen-Protector-&-3-x-Smart-Apps.product.505902.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-8-_-505902

And QVC say they charge interest eh?

Sometimes what QVC want as first easy pay, is not much different from what the item costs full price elsewhere, but that's QVCs "thing" they rope people in with the easy pays, ripping people off in the process. Over the years though more and more people will see QVC aren't all they're cracked up to be, expensive items, postage, slow delivery and refunds, especially the new young breed of shoppers who've grown up with the world of shopping at their finger tips.

I think that given the comments for the previous Apple TSV around a month ago, or going to be just as valid with regards to tomorrows TSV. What amazes me is that people must actually purchase the TSV (with the 'oh so wonderful' 'extra value'), otherwise Q would not keep doing more and more of the TSV's, would they?

We are selling it, SIM free, for £249. Without the gel case,but is that worth £321?
I cannot comprehend why anyone would buy an Apple product, from QVC, unless it is to try it, return it, then buy elsewhere.

its not an apple TSV tomorrow now they have changed it http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?52465-Fitbit-Alta-TSV-05-06-16

Latest posts

Back