Things they (the presenters) say

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
"How cool is that" or "How clever is that"

Are they questions or statements?

Or just examples of modern speak that make me cringe. Even the newish guy Craig uses them and he is one of the best presenters on QVC.

I'd rather they do that than be overly sleek in their presentations. To me the joy of QVC is that I don't feel like I'm being sold to - more that I'm going on a shopping trip, which is altogether a different thing.
If you hate cringeful modern speak - there are a few over at Ideal World you should avoid ...

Prestigious brand and Im loving this !

I hate the way some of them smell the products and look at the camera with an orgasmic face then rub hands together and look again.

This pees me orf ;

''i bought something very similar on the high street and it cost 4 times as much....'' WHY ?

Oh yes.....because you are classier than us mere mortals who buy off the telly. :rolleyes:

This pees me orf ;

''i bought something very similar on the high street and it cost 4 times as much....'' WHY ?

Oh yes.....because you are classier than us mere mortals who buy off the telly. :rolleyes:

Of course the one on the high street wasn't as good as the QVC one.

Well since you work for a shopping channel why didn't you look there first before going out on the high street?

Prestigious brand and Im loving this !

I hate the way some of them smell the products and look at the camera with an orgasmic face then rub hands together and look again.

Oh I hate that too. The noises and expressions being made over spoonfuls of Easiyo the other day were just ridiculous. IT'S BLOOMIN YOGURT!!

It's funny you should start this thread up as I heard Jill Franks on a Northern Nights show yesterday that she had replaced all her pillows in her house with NN ones. I distinctly remember her saying she replaced all her pillows with buck wheat ones when she was flogging them many a moon ago (shows how long I have been watching). Now either she genuinely has or she's using the same lie everytime, methinks its more likely the latter. We know they make up porkies but its so annoying when you spot it a mile away.

Yes, they don't realise we're all paying attention here and have good memories!!

It's like that gobby American woman who had twins years ago and credits about 5 different exercise machines for getting her figure back i.e. whichever one she happens to be promoting at the time. We even have to suffer pictures of her huge bare baby bulge the day before she gave birth to prove the point. :what:

It's funny you should start this thread up as I heard Jill Franks on a Northern Nights show yesterday that she had replaced all her pillows in her house with NN ones. I distinctly remember her saying she replaced all her pillows with buck wheat ones when she was flogging them many a moon ago (shows how long I have been watching). Now either she genuinely has or she's using the same lie everytime, methinks its more likely the latter. We know they make up porkies but its so annoying when you spot it a mile away.

I heard that and also remembered back to when she was selling those buckwheat pillows. Wonder what happened to those? Guess they fell by the wayside when Northern Nights became the brand to promote.

Julia Roberts is another one who occasionally trips herself up about products she uses, especially in the beauty hours.

Yes, they don't realise we're all paying attention here and have good memories!!

It's like that gobby American woman who had twins years ago and credits about 5 different exercise machines for getting her figure back i.e. whichever one she happens to be promoting at the time. We even have to suffer pictures of her huge bare baby bulge the day before she gave birth to prove the point. :what:

Also anyone would have lost quite a bit of 'the bulge' immediately after giving birth???? It would be a bit fairer to show a picture of her after the birth and then now.

The other thing they say is how lovely it is packaged or what a nice box it comes in - unless you are giving it for a gift does it matter as you will be throwing that straight away??

I heard that and also remembered back to when she was selling those buckwheat pillows. Wonder what happened to those? Guess they fell by the wayside when Northern Nights became the brand to promote.

Julia Roberts is another one who occasionally trips herself up about products she uses, especially in the beauty hours.

Gosh they were very uncomfy, i got rid of mine. I think i got 2 on a tsv and did try with them but ended up with a bad neck.

Gosh they were very uncomfy, i got rid of mine. I think i got 2 on a tsv and did try with them but ended up with a bad neck.

I had one, I'd forgotten all about it. It was very uncomfortable, and I shoved it away. When I next looked, it had mould growing on it.

I remember Sara Griffiths spouting off a few months back in an Elemis show how that was her fav brand and that she uses nothing else for years blah blah blah,just had a big birthday,she even brought in photo's of her bathroom with all the Elemis products displayed around,then a couple of weeks later she was on either a Liz Earle show or Gatineau and had apparently switched brands as she was now singing their praises and saying she used nothing else! I was like wtf?! Make up your mind woman which one is it?! :confused:

I've still got one of those and I love it! I bought one and so did my sister but she didn't like them, so after a while I got rid of mine and got her virtually unused one. Looks like I'm the only one who did like them!:18:

jilly halidays "snap this one up"

craig "jump to those phones"

julian ballyntines referralls to the "beckhams"

alison keenans beauty products "all sinks straight in"

bless claudia sylvester though her vocabulary has to be the most limited of all the presenters. "oh thats really lovely"

"Let's dip into the hour" has become an overly used phrase, originally used by Anthony Heywood - he should have applied copywrite to it and earnt a few extra pounds!

"These are selling really fast, I'd get onto the phones right now, if you don't want to miss out" - well if they are selling really fast and we are going to miss out anyway, then why ask people to get onto the phone?

When something goes wrong with a product, during demonstration - "Yours won't do this, when you get it home" Erm, how do you know - it might do?

The following is not a phrase, although it is irritating:

When they sell a product that has batteries and they commence to demonstrate only to find out that the batteries are dead! Does noone check these items before they go on air? They normally cover that up by stating that the crew behind the scenes loved the product so much that they couldnt keep their mits off it!

"These are flying out the door" :1:

Oh, and despite being a fan of the DIY hour I hate it when every item is described as "a great bit of kit"

This would look wonderful over a candlelit dinner...Dale

Dress this up or down..Glen
Wear it with a bootleg jean..Glen

My ex-husband bought me on years ago...Ali k

My little Louisa wouls love this..Debbie

Now let's see what is through the round window...Claire (sorry joking)!!!!

Lickle bockle..Dawn and leonie

Latest posts

Back