Tower Spudnik Spiralizer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought one last time and just bought another (two £9 and £1.99 p&p) I love mine. I've done some sweet potatoe crisps, I tried the courgetti spaghetti instead of pasta and it was lovely. The Spudnik is easier to use than the other types because you press down on it and I found it easy to use, the price is good because of those extra two containers you get with it, hope that helps.

I am tempted but noticed they only seemed to demo courgettes and they're pretty soft, I checked out some online reviews elsewhere and as I suspected a lot of them say that it is pretty useless for anything hard like carrot. Think it might be a rather expensive courgette slicer. I love courgettes but I need something a bit more versatile!

Really REALLY is a one-trick pony in my opinion, and as for actually buying the book....... google search anyone? Like you said, does seem a very expensive courgette slicer :) Be interesting to see if they demo anything different and harder texture after this thread.

No 'chefs' available that they've had to drag Chris WinCashLive Park in?

What an absolute amateur he looked last night. The bald chap could have done it without him. As for being a manager of a restaurant in the past, yeah right.

LOL, did you see, 1st demo this 1pm hour...... carrotts :p He is urine poor isn't he Momma, I'm suprised they didn't use Shaun "luxury expert" Actor, Shaun Crawley tbh.
Mind you, I don't have the sound up, so I imagine Hayley has bought several for her neices and is currently telling us exactly HOW the spiraliser changed her life....

LOL, did you see, 1st demo this 1pm hour...... carrotts :p He is urine poor isn't he Momma, I'm suprised they didn't use Shaun "luxury expert" Actor, Shaun Crawley tbh.
Mind you, I don't have the sound up, so I imagine Hayley has bought several for her neices and is currently telling us exactly HOW the spiraliser changed her life....

:mysmilie_17: Totally...........When I saw it was him again today, I turned off!

He made an omlette last night and cooked it for so long, cos he was soooooooo slow, that it resembled a pancake frisbee. The bald bloke had to divert the camera away to the book, while Parky (looking shifty) covered up his mistakes with a load of spiralised stuff. And not one 'rolleyes' from the bald bloke, that must be reserved for behind the back of chef William......and chef William is cordon bleu next to this bloke.

It does do other root vegetables well, not just courgettes. I also made coleslaw (yummy) potato and onion patti (yummy) and Apple ribbons done in chocolate (double yummy)

I am tempted but noticed they only seemed to demo courgettes and they're pretty soft, I checked out some online reviews elsewhere and as I suspected a lot of them say that it is pretty useless for anything hard like carrot. Think it might be a rather expensive courgette slicer. I love courgettes but I need something a bit more versatile!

Yes, it did seem to do a good job of the courgettes and also the red onion but I didn't stay on the channel long enough to see what else the "chef" (term used very, very loosely!!) did or couldn't do! I'd also checked out reviews on Amazon, etc. and they are mixed but I do like the idea of replacing pasta with courgettes. However, I don't want to splash out on yet another gadget which gets pushed to the back of the cupboard so think I'll give it a miss.

Thanks for all the comments!

I've had this one for 3 years. Use it for courgette snd xarrots mainly. It does do sweet potatoes and radishes as well.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/19736/Vegetable-Spiralizer
The Tower one looks good.

I've got one of those Lakeland ones too, (except I got mine from amazon) and I think it's rubbish! I can only do courgettes with it. I cut myself cleaning it too. I wish I had bought it from Lakeland, because it would have been sent straight back!

You can't beat Lakeland! (Oops, just read the previous post - maybe not everything is brilliant). I realised I'd must be middle aged now because I'd rather buy stuff for the home rather than clothes...
LOL yes i love lakeland as a mature lady! I love finding new recipes to cook. I use my spiralizer at least once a week and more in the summer. I also have Kuhn rikon cutter thing that I use to cut veg for stews.

I was tempted but Hayley kept comparing it to spaghetti (courgetti not spaghetti) she kept blabbing every bleedin second. Just like there's real chicken in pot noodles.

I received mine the day after ordering, first thing I thought was how sturdy it was, took a bit of persuading to get my husband to swap spaghetti for courgettie spaghetti with his spag bols but he really enjoyed it, he was pleased that I'd just taken 400 calories and starch out of his already "if it isn't full of fat I'm not eating it" diet.

I received mine the day after ordering, first thing I thought was how sturdy it was, took a bit of persuading to get my husband to swap spaghetti for courgettie spaghetti with his spag bols but he really enjoyed it, he was pleased that I'd just taken 400 calories and starch out of his already "if it isn't full of fat I'm not eating it" diet.

I'm still proud of myself for resisting temptation, but can you let me know how you get on with anything other than courgettes. I'd be interested to see how it coped with the likes of carrots, parnsips, butternut squash etc, though I can't see how something that large could fit into the device! If it does turn out to be a "one trick pony" then I'd probably be better off just buying pre-prepared courgetti as and when or just buying one of those really small handheld ones that don't cost much. Interested to know thanks.

I'm still proud of myself for resisting temptation, but can you let me know how you get on with anything other than courgettes. I'd be interested to see how it coped with the likes of carrots, parnsips, butternut squash etc, though I can't see how something that large could fit into the device! If it does turn out to be a "one trick pony" then I'd probably be better off just buying pre-prepared courgetti as and when or just buying one of those really small handheld ones that don't cost much. Interested to know thanks.

If you only bought it for a courgette spaghetti maker at £18 it's worth it, because the bags of pre made courgettie spaghetti is scandalous, the Spudnik would soon pay for itself. It's deceiving really what you can get in it. I've done carrots, I used the ribbon setting, I put it with ribboned sweet potatoe, and I used the the (don't know what to call it do I'll say spaghetti blade) which gave me rossti style onions, I sprinkled cooked chopped bacon on, blitzed some tomatoes and spread it over the top, sprinkled garlic over, then popped it in the oven. I couldn't have got all the pieces equal without the Spudnik. If I only use it now and again for £20 including p&p it isn't breaking the bank, so for me it's handy to have.

I've had this one for 3 years. Use it for courgette snd xarrots mainly. It does do sweet potatoes and radishes as well.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/19736/Vegetable-Spiralizer
https://www.gearhunder.com/best-vegetable-slicers/
The Tower one looks good.

I also like zucchini noodles. I think everyone who likes vegetarian noodles should know about its existence. I also like shredding carrots for sushi, they are a perfect combination. Cut fruits, vegetables, peppers, etc. into a spiral shape and slice them into a variety of delicious dishes, which makes low-carb foods more interesting and appetizing.

Latest posts

Back