Sally Jacks. - Page 24

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Sally Jacks.

Sarah Amy Guest

Saw Jacks presenting earlier on & it couldn't pronounce Humugus,Jacks pronounced it Hu mong Gus,no other Presenter has problems with certain words,only Jacks !!

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    She is also the woman who pronounces "maroon" as "marry oon". Just the sound of her grating voice makes me switch over (even the cat heads for the garden door, which is hardly surprising).
    You have a very intelligent cat...
    Likes AmyG, historymystery, Dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Amy View Post
    Why on earth do ideal world continue to employ Jacks I will never know,even my dog hides as soon as she hears Jacks voice,Maroon is not a difficult word to present,neither is Cobalt,why doesn't Ideal World tell Jacks off for her pronunciation of certain words,just watching Joanne Afibel Fashion,what a difference in presenting,Joanne isn't shouting at the viewers or speaking to viewers like they are imbeciles.wish Jacks would talk normally & not shout & also not speak to viewers like they are imbeciles or children.
    And your dog is clever enough to hide! They really are intelligent!
    Likes AmyG, Dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Amy View Post
    Saw Jacks presenting earlier on & it couldn't pronounce Humugus,Jacks pronounced it Hu mong Gus,no other Presenter has problems with certain words,only Jacks !!
    If she is pronouncing it the way you have stated then she is right, you have spelt it wrong (humongous) so if you are pronouncing it your way then you are in the wrong.

Please stop calling Sally Jacks "it". If your trying to be funny then you're not, just coming across very nasty. You wouldn't like it so treat others they way you would like to be treated.
    Likes talisker25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! I think it is to do with her voice, because it isn't the first time I've switched to IW when she's been on and the cat has headed for the garden at the speed of knots....you can almost hear her thinking "let me out of here".

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    You have a very intelligent cat...

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, I get that you hate Sally Jacks. Similarly, I'm not Mike Mason's biggest fan as I find his presenting style and the way he speaks extremely aggressive, I have also been know to post threads about him making fun of the way he speaks, so perhaps a bit of "pot and kettle", but I've actually heard Mr Mason say some outrageous things on screen which are often sexist and downright rude. Sally on the other hand, yes, she's shouty and overexcitable, and I can understand how this can grate on some people, but have I ever heard her say anything rude or demeaning to others? - No, I can't say I have, have you? You may find the way she pronounces certain words annoying, but I really don't feel there's a need to be quite so nasty as to refer to her as "it", or Jacks! I'm not going to come out with that old cliche, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all", that would be bonkers on a forum like this, but please do try and keep it real! Also I'm sorry to say that the word is humungus, so on this occassion it does appear that Sally used the correct pronunciation!
    Likes Susie Wusie , S C O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone already come across this?

https://youtu.be/_xtZs4xNPQg

I'm both shocked and horrified in equal measure, If anything her singing cheesy pop makes way more sense and is way less annoying than she is on shoppingtelly :-)

It's not the only track she's sang either!

Post Thanks / Like

The miracles of autotune eh? You can spot it a mile away on that track. I think even a grunting gorilla could be made to sound tuneful these days.
    Likes Mommabear , Price Plunge liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autotuned - And she still couldn't reach the notes for "crazy if you'll let it" with a vaulting pole :-)
    Likes Mommabear , Price Plunge liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

didnt she used to be in bucks fizz ?
    Likes AmyG liked this post