Sally Jacks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Won't be reading that blog then,as don't want to know how he proposed to Jacks.wish Jacks would lose its voice for a few weeks and give everyone a break.

She was saying that a Mattress Topper is perfect to buy for any ill relatives or those that live in a Nursing Home, quickly adding that it can be washed.

Then Suzy added that it's also perfect for Students and that Mattress Toppers 'are on every Freshman's 20 Most Wanted Items List'.

Sounds like Students aren't the bohemian rebels that they once were :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_15:As if....."mother ,father.Before you buy me every book on my reading list I must have a mattress topper from I W. It was recommended .
Oh don't worry .I will get the other items on my list":mysmilie_15:

I'm sure a Back Rola for after those boring lectures(or more likely hangovers) or for the more adventurous ahem other entertainment. Peter S seemed to enjoy it a little too much. Also of course a vac.Now that would(not)be a priority.

Just looked at the schedule and see Jacks is presenting the Bonmarche show,am disgusted that IW wouldn't allow Loen to continue presenting the Bonmarche shows,instead allowing Jacks to present BM, & other fashion shows Loen should have been allowed to continue Present BM,they should not let Jacks present BM,every single show Jacks is on,it has to mention it's Wedding,I am sick to death of hearing about Jacks Wedding.The Husband has to be a Saint putting up with Jacks & that voice.

Just switched on and off to Jacks presenting Bonmarche & one of the dresses Jacks said it could see a certain Duchess wearing,really I don't think so Jacks,stop talking such crap.

Yeah, of course Kate buys from Bonmarche - and gets her undies from Primark, too. I don't think. Jacks is talking out of the rear end once again.

Just switched on and off to Jacks presenting Bonmarche & one of the dresses Jacks said it could see a certain Duchess wearing,really I don't think so Jacks,stop talking such crap.

Just switched on to Jacks again and it was going on about it's hair & how it's done it with a product that's on sale next Wednesday/ Thursday,think Jacks hair looks terrible,wish she tie it up or get it cut,IW still haven't pulled Jacks up on her pronunciation,Decolletage was still pronounced Dec Leo tage,Jacks is so patronising the way she talks to viewers,she is talking to Adults,not her son. I agree with the previous post about talking Crap out of her big backside !!

More importantly, would our Sal wear Bon Marche? And I'll have to look out for Kate next time I am buying my cheap slippers in Primark!

I very much doubt it! Though I'm not saying she wouldn't wear some of the styles they sell in there...but I can see our Sal being a bit of a "labels girl" Why buy a jumper for £14.99 when you can get the same thing with with a label that says UGG or timberland for £70!

However, it's her job to sell the stuff, so she's duty bound to say good things about the stuff she's trying to sell. I did hear her during a Bon Marche show say "It's always good to have a look in Bon Marche as they've always got great things in there - which she possibly is quite right in saying however, it would kinda lose it a bit if she were to add - but hey, I wouldn't ever actually buy anything 'cos they're a bit, well, ummm, well they're not exactly a "label" are they?!

I very much doubt it! Though I'm not saying she wouldn't wear some of the styles they sell in there...but I can see our Sal being a bit of a "labels girl" Why buy a jumper for £14.99 when you can get the same thing with with a label that says UGG or timberland for £70!

However, it's her job to sell the stuff, so she's duty bound to say good things about the stuff she's trying to sell. I did hear her during a Bon Marche show say "It's always good to have a look in Bon Marche as they've always got great things in there - which she possibly is quite right in saying however, it would kinda lose it a bit if she were to add - but hey, I wouldn't ever actually buy anything 'cos they're a bit, well, ummm, well they're not exactly a "label" are they?!

What annoys me is when they claim they are ordering loads of the clothes but you never see them wearing them! I agree with you about Sally and labels, I am a little bit like that but only from TK Maxx. I love my Calvin Klein socks for £6 for 3 pairs and Osprey handbags, but never at full price!!!

What annoys me is when they claim they are ordering loads of the clothes but you never see them wearing them! I agree with you about Sally and labels, I am a little bit like that but only from TK Maxx. I love my Calvin Klein socks for £6 for 3 pairs and Osprey handbags, but never at full price!!!

The only time you do see them wearing them is when they're going to be presenting a fashion hour later in the day, or the pick of the day is a fashion item. We say what we say about Sally, but she's not the only female who presents fashion, they may not be as "label conscious" as Sally, but lets face it, these presenters are in well paid jobs and have no need to buy cheap clothes, and if they did fancy a few "throwaway items" for a holiday, they'd probably go along to Primark like the rest of us! Not only that, they are actually able to see the stuff first hand and see what dubious quality it is, recognise that the outfit they're modelling "doesn't look great on them! Don't think their demographic can really be described as either young fashionista, or busy fashion conscious high earner. Of course they want to sell to as many people as possible, but lets face it, they must know, they're going to be hitting an audience of those who's main concern is cost, coverage (wobbly bits!),comfort and the convenience of being able to go from sofa to phone, or the computer and press a few buttons and hey presto, that big swathe of grey marl is on its way!

The only time you do see them wearing them is when they're going to be presenting a fashion hour later in the day, or the pick of the day is a fashion item. We say what we say about Sally, but she's not the only female who presents fashion, they may not be as "label conscious" as Sally, but lets face it, these presenters are in well paid jobs and have no need to buy cheap clothes, and if they did fancy a few "throwaway items" for a holiday, they'd probably go along to Primark like the rest of us! Not only that, they are actually able to see the stuff first hand and see what dubious quality it is, recognise that the outfit they're modelling "doesn't look great on them! Don't think their demographic can really be described as either young fashionista, or busy fashion conscious high earner. Of course they want to sell to as many people as possible, but lets face it, they must know, they're going to be hitting an audience of those who's main concern is cost, coverage (wobbly bits!),comfort and the convenience of being able to go from sofa to phone, or the computer and press a few buttons and hey presto, that big swathe of grey marl is on its way!

What makes me really mad is when they say clothes are long or wide enough to cover all our "faults". And then the female presenter will list all our areas of ugliness - back fat, muffin top to name but two. They can usually name about ten and it is always a female who does this. I am a bit plump and this makes me feel ugly and I get really angry. It is simply body shaming. All I have to do to get things to fit me is not to buy things 3 sizes too small and try them on in the shop.

What makes me really mad is when they say clothes are long or wide enough to cover all our "faults". And then the female presenter will list all our areas of ugliness - back fat, muffin top to name but two. They can usually name about ten and it is always a female who does this. I am a bit plump and this makes me feel ugly and I get really angry. It is simply body shaming. All I have to do to get things to fit me is not to buy things 3 sizes too small and try them on in the shop.

Unfortunately that seems to be the stock in trade for all the selly telly clothes shows, on any channel. I would much prefer it if they told us it would flatter the things we're proud of, or honestly (fat chance) tell us what bodyshape an item would flatter most without being derogatory about that bodyshape.

When they sell the shapewear, they always say they wear it all the time, even the models and rave about how comfortable it is. Yet when they show the Nicole dress or baggy tops, they always shout with glee 'and no shapewear!' as if they can't stand to wear it!

Which is it?

Latest posts

Back