Mally v Tarte?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
I have seen so much of Tarte on QVC lately but have never bought......as yet! Feel tempted by this June tsv and a bit fed up of Mally....didn't go for today's tsv although it was finished before I had a chance....there's an omen.....so wondered what users of both think. Is Tarte just the latest it brand or is it good and/or better than Mally? Would be interested to know before 4th June when I'm likely to part with my hard-earned cash.:wonder:

I tried the last Tarte TSV and did not think it was anything better than Mally or any Q brand, think they are pretty similar quality. Sent back the last LG TSV because IMHO the quality had changed.

It's a toughie but I'd side with Tarte most of the time. The only Mally foundaton I really liked is the one in this OTO and prefer it to the Tarte Full Coverage clay foundation. But now I prefer the Rainforest of the Sea foundation from Tarte.
The Mally shadow sticks are far better than the Tarte equivalent, which give poorer payoff and aren't bullet-proof.
I can't see me ever ordering the Tarte primer because at £27 for 15ml they're having a laugh. I quite like the Mally primer (in the pot) when I've had it in a set, but again probably wouldn't buy it specially. I've just bought the Rosie HW primer from M&S and it's lovely.
Both Mally & Tarte mascaras are good and I always have a stock pile from TSVs.

Tarte do nice powder eye shadows and they shrewdly recognise that there's a market for pretty looking palettes for "collectors" to..well..collect. I have a couple of Mally's early palettes and the quality is excellent; maybe there's been a conscious move away from Mally's powder shadows because the sticks sell so well?

Make up is such a subjective thing, my advice is to order stuff if you like the look of it but send it straight back if QVC has over-sold it and the products don't measure up!

What annoys me about Mally is that she's a completely different person when she's on QVC in the States; far calmer and informative. When I spoke to Leigh from Tarte she is indeed as orange in the flesh as she looks on screen - not a great look for a make up sales person.

I really like the Tarte eye shadows & palettes, but I'm a sucker for a pretty palette. I prefer their brushes to Mally's though neither are as good as Real Techniques from the .high street. I've tried a couple of Tarte mascara a & don't like them at all whereas I love Mally's. Mally's primer in the pot is my favourite. And love the loose powder that many hate for being too white, perfect if you are of a ghastly, corpse like hue.I hate that four colour stick one that Tarte do., can't see how it's supposed to work. Both brands tend to veer to yellow in foundations, so prefer BM & Laura Geller.
Mally's shadow sticks are good but wish she'd dump the glitter in them so now prefer No7. Tarte blusher can go on a bit patchy no matter how careful I am. I don't like the lipsticks in either brand much. I did like the Mally wind up glosses but ones I've had for twelve months have begun to smell & taste horrible, like they've gone off.

I don't use either as I'm strictly a Laura geller user but if I had to choose I'd pick tarte every time as I cannot stand the loud, show off mally! Her constant clapping like a seal makes me want to smack her... Rant over :mysmilie_13:

Yes she has been super hyper today because a lot of items were selling out and she could see the ££££££££££ rolling in.

Tarte for me anytime, I'm not a fan of Mally make up, I like the taupe shadow stick.

I do think Mally should calm her presentation down a notch or two, it's all a bit ridiculous.

I have seen so much of Tarte on QVC lately but have never bought......as yet! Feel tempted by this June tsv and a bit fed up of Mally....didn't go for today's tsv although it was finished before I had a chance....there's an omen.....so wondered what users of both think. Is Tarte just the latest it brand or is it good and/or better than Mally? Would be interested to know before 4th June when I'm likely to part with my hard-earned cash.:wonder:

Has excellent reviews but I have never tried Tarte! A make up person I know likes both of them a lot! I like Mally but it's not my favourite, much better brands out there! :mysmilie_12:

I prefer Tarte for almost everything and it does your skin good too.
Since I've been using the Tarte maracuja oil daily my skin has been so much better.
Mally does good mascara, shadow stix and brow stick but I hate her foundation and don't think much of her normal shadows - I think the quality has got poorer over the years.
I've yet to find a Tarte product that doesn't perform as stated in the presentation and the brushes are fab too.
I would definitely give the TSV a go and if you don't like it you can return it, but it should be good value too

i got a couple of Mally sets years ago. I quite liked the blusher trios but i eventually threw everything away because after a few months (maybe even a year) i tried the lip gloss from the set and i had an allergic reaction to it. I know they say that make up has a shelf life of max 2 years but I have never had a reaction like that before and it put me off the whole range completely

People rave about Tarte blushers and they are lovely I bought a set of five just before Christmas, trouble for me was the colours are too similar. All seem to be a variation on pink/coral individually they are fantastic just not the ones they sell on QVC UK in sets. I do own a few palettes, but have noticed that again the ones sold on QVC UK all seem to be a variation on a theme. Browns and natural tones, but that could be just trying to suit all. I am buying the TSV as I want the palette, which was sold in the US as an individual product.

Never bought their foundations, disliked the foundation in the last TSV(don't do powder ones) and they made a mess of the shades reading reviews for it.

Mally I have never actually been attracted to, the face defender is like a copy of the Benefit Doctor Feelgood which I never liked. The eyeshadow sticks, I have loads of Laura Mercier,Bobbi Brown and now Burberry do them in satin or matt. M&S Rosie range now do shadow sticks at £12.50 and people rave about them for lasting power. Can't help with mascara as I really like brown(do wear black now and then) so stick with brands that do those my fav is Lancome.

Tarte do go for the natural good for your skin approach with the Amazonian Clay

So I am not much help.:doh:

There wasn't one thing on QVC yesterday that I wanted to watch. I wouldn't watch that 'bulletproof banshee' if they paid me....:mysmilie_11:

There wasn't one thing on QVC yesterday that I wanted to watch. I wouldn't watch that 'bulletproof banshee' if they paid me....:mysmilie_11:

Don't mind some of Mally's range but they eyeliner smudges around my eyes and wouldn't buy it again! :mysmilie_1:
I have used one from the High Street for years and it's far superior in every way! Goes on better, lasts longer and never smudges!!!!! :mysmilie_1:

Don't mind some of Mally's range but they eyeliner smudges around my eyes and wouldn't buy it again! :mysmilie_1:
I have used one from the High Street for years and it's far superior in every way! Goes on better, lasts longer and never smudges!!!!! :mysmilie_1:

Which one is that, Glittergirl, if you don't mind telling?

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Which one is that, Glittergirl, if you don't mind telling?

Rimmel Eye Liner is the best, has never smudged when applied and lasts all day! I use a lot of their products and personally think they are excellent value and have never been disappointed. Yes, I've tried many top brand ones. I remember a Clarins (not cheap) eye liner nearly ripped my eye out every time I used it!
Boots No7 are good too, most of my family use this brand.

Thank you, I'll try that.
I'm waiting for No7 to bring out a twist up liner pencil that you don't have to sharpen. I love their twist up brow pencil & shadow stick which is like Mally's without all the glitter.

I keep trying Various Tarte foundation and concealers but can't see what all the fuss is about it really does nothing for me. What I think is strange about this brand is the made in China printed all over the packaging. Is the product made in China or the packaging?

Latest posts

Back