Mally v Tarte?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any palettes I own are made in the US. Its like Smashbox their QVC packaging used to say China so I took it to be the brushes and packaging for QVC made their to bring the price down.

This is from their official site:

ingredients/testing
Is tarte cruelty free?
Yes. tarte cosmetics is a cruelty-free cosmetics line. tarte makeup and skincare is never tested on animals.

What are tarte's guidelines for international products?
All ingredients and finished formulas tarte uses are tested and based on US FDA requirements before being imported to the US. We only work with highly reputable laboratories and factories that meet the strictest GMP standards, which is an international grading scale for cleanliness and the environment for workers that abide by a strict code of standards. We also test each product ourselves to match our quality standards. Additionally, we are an approved PETA participant; they have audited our non-animal testing procedures.

Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell Tarte? I'd like to check out the foundation shades before the TSV day if this is possible. I think it was mentioned before that Tarte is sold in Sephora and Ulta and I checked for stores in the UK but there's none.

I keep trying Various Tarte foundation and concealers but can't see what all the fuss is about it really does nothing for me. What I think is strange about this brand is the made in China printed all over the packaging. Is the product made in China or the packaging?

Thought it was American through and through! Does get some good reviews but never tried it as yet :mysmilie_7:

I would say Tarte blows Mally out of the water, but it depends on what you are looking for from your products. I managed to get the last Mally TSV by the skin of my teeth and I am really disappointed with it. You couldn't see just how much of a tint the primer has on the tv presentations, it went bright orange on the back of my hand and I have to use it very sparingly, I also find all of Mally's foundations very yellow toned, which does counteract redness, so that's a bonus, but I then have to use it all so sparingly that I may as well not have make up on at all. I do like Mally's eyeshadow sticks, but I have noticed they have changed and are now made in China, I have also managed to find amazing dupes of them for a fraction of the cost. All in all I am sending back the Mally TSV and will be purchasing the Tarte TSV this weekend. I find the quality of Tarte so much better, the products last, their eyeshadow palettes are absolutely stunning, a little goes a long way and they blend beautifully. Tarte brushes are also second to none, I used to swear by MAC and have changed nearly all my make up to Tarte now.

What annoys me about Mally is that she's a completely different person when she's on QVC in the States; far calmer and informative.

That's interesting. Must admit I find her a bit much, and have consequently never been drawn into the shows and tempted to try the range.

People rave about Tarte blushers and they are lovely I bought a set of five just before Christmas, trouble for me was the colours are too similar. All seem to be a variation on pink/coral individually they are fantastic just not the ones they sell on QVC UK in sets. I do own a few palettes, but have noticed that again the ones sold on QVC UK all seem to be a variation on a theme. Browns and natural tones, but that could be just trying to suit all. I am buying the TSV as I want the palette, which was sold in the US as an individual product.

I agree, the colour selection isn't vast, but I think they're very wearable shades and great everyday make-up. I know what you mean, though, QVC really know how to bring out the beige in a range! I love the mascaras, they're the only ones I've ever been able to wear that don't irritate my eyes, and my lashes seem to have got longer and thicker since I've been using them. Really annoyed that I dithered and missed out on the Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue trio in the gorgeous packaging. Have gone on waitlist for it.

I cant stand Mally either she was on yesterday and the products look ok but to many browns for me but I have to turn over after 10 seconds she annoys me big time !!!! all that shouting and clapping like a seal bet the sound man on set must dreads her shows it might go down well with qvc usa but god shes a pain with it and the constant " I'm a celebrity makeup artist " to the stars god I bet they have a migraine when shes finished shes like the American version of shouting Sally Jacks another gob s***E just shut up please !!!!

I don't buy me make up bits from QVC but from what I can see of Mallys make-up though, it looks like something your teenage daughter (or son) would buy from the local chemist, with all that pink and horrible snakeskin print packaging it really looks cheap. As for her screaming and shouting, is there really any need for it? yeah yeah you're you're happy, bubbly person your customers get it! :mysmilie_13:

PS, bit of advice for Mally, when on screen and you're pretending to be an international make-up artist to the stars, firstly apply make-up to a fresh, clean face it's more believable and secondly, when you're trying to prove your make-up doesn't come off and you're rubbing it, don't cup your hands, just a couple of tips for you there, no charge. :up:

Not keen on the Mally eyeliner, it always smudges on me! Would never use if I was going somewhere special. Mascara not that great either! Have said many times in my opinion the Rimmell extra lash is brilliant, used it for years! Eyeliners are great too!

LG eyeshadows are good and adore Balance & Brighten or Glow!

Never tried Tarte, maybe will one day but got enough makeup! :mysmilie_12:

Not keen on the Mally eyeliner, it always smudges on me! Would never use if I was going somewhere special. Mascara not that great either! Have said many times in my opinion the Rimmell extra lash is brilliant, used it for years! Eyeliners are great too!

LG eyeshadows are good and adore Balance & Brighten or Glow!

Never tried Tarte, maybe will one day but got enough makeup! :mysmilie_12:

Personally I'm a real convert to Tarte. I find, in terms both of formulations and shades, that it suits my skin and skin tone more than any other product I have tried. Ever. However, these things are very subjective and you can't really tell which will be a better option. I have to say, though, that on days when I have worn Tarte products and removed them at the end of the day, my skin looks better than it did before I put it on. I can't say that about any other makeup range. I'd suggest giving it a go.

It depends on what finish you are after and what suits your skin. I have tried both brands and Mally colours and textures suit my skin and skin tone much better than tarte, which I nearly always return for a refund. I find Tarts far too drying and the colours far too "flat". I look ill when I wear it. The Tarte blushes make me either look dirty or like I have been tangoed.

With Mally the textures always give me a fresh youthful glow (not a shimmer). The colours look a bit scary and bright sometimes but when applied they are beautifully sheer. The packaging is sometimes a bit teenage-looking, but I am after the stuff inside, not the outside. The metal compacts are good quality though.

As others have said the mascaras are the best. Tarte mascaras are good too, though I hate the weird packaging of lights, camera, lashes. Mally shadow sticks are excellent, taupe looks best on me and I have them stock piled.

Been using Mally brand for 5 years now and the brand is the only one I have ever used up every last scrap of a product.the cream blush tubes are the best natural look blushes ever and they last forever as you only need a tiny dab.

As for palettes, Mally has a lovely age defying one out at the moment and the colours are very varied- not just browns. They are sheer and long wearing. Far better than the flat looking browns that tarte always do.I also bought yesterdays OTO in the buff palette, I sold the last one of these as I never used the colours, but these ones are different colours and seem more wearable to me. I do use one tarte quad, from a set last year. It has a beige, a cream and a taupe and only one brown. Not a purple in sight either, so I will wear it. Laura Geller has some nice varied palettes too, even the nude one has green and golds and creams. I bought that one because unusually for LG there was no dreaded pink or purple eye-shadow, which look terrible on me.

Tarte lipsticks are very good, but I tend to suit glosses over lipstick as they are younger and fresher. I always think lipstick makes me look older, and gloss takes years off.

I haven't found a foundation I like in any Q brand, though some of Mallys are OK I would not repurchase as a single item. Tarte are far too drying on my skin and flat looking. I have been using the Doll 10 concealer where needed and skipping foundation altogether. That works the best for me. I don't use Mally face defender on top as it makes me look flat and I prefer a dewy finish.I don't like anything with a matte finish.

Latest posts

Back