Shutting down one channel in order to "man" another channel!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
A classic this afternoon - I just caught Nick Davies on The Diamond Room, announcing that he's closing down that channel in order to go to the Gem Collector studio to 'man' that! Apparently, they are a presenter short. I must say he looked rather embarrassed - not surprising, really. I know things can happen at the last minute and people do get sick suddenly, but it's not the first time they have had to turn things around to cover for a presenter's absence, so perhaps it's time to have a presenter on standby or at least a producer/director who can do stand-in in an emergency.

i know this has happened before where a producer etc has had to stand in on another show at the last minute,but i genuinely think they are short on staff,both presenters and production staff including camera staff,the other night on the lounge Alexandria Hayden could not do a close up on a necklace as she said the cameraman was working on gems.When rocks closed down many of the technical team left as did some of the staff on the lounge and another presenter kathryn goldsmith who was initially presenting on the equal world,then she moved to the lounge and then gems,then she left, more or less the same time as rachel hatton and mark gould,makes you wonder how much cost cutting is going on.I havent been watching much of anything of late but i dont think the diamond room is even open for the advertised hours and from the little i have seen isnt overly busy,which is a shame for nick davies who compared to many is a fairly good presenter.

missmarple, I agree, they seem at sixes and sevens and it doesn't give a good impression. I quite like Nick, but I think The Diamond Room just isn't working. High-priced diamonds in 18K gold or platinum are fine, but there are other companies out there doing as good (if not better) specification diamonds for less money and how many of these high-priced diamonds are they realistically going to sell in a day? The only cheaper ones are rings made up of multiple diamond 'chips'. Gem Collector timings are also erratic, and half the time the presenters seem ill-prepared - I caught Rod Jinks on there the other day, and he was awful, seemed to be in a daze, I thought. I really think Steve Bennett has lost the plot with this channel.

i know this has happened before where a producer etc has had to stand in on another show at the last minute,but i genuinely think they are short on staff,both presenters and production staff including camera staff,the other night on the lounge Alexandria Hayden could not do a close up on a necklace as she said the cameraman was working on gems.When rocks closed down many of the technical team left as did some of the staff on the lounge and another presenter kathryn goldsmith who was initially presenting on the equal world,then she moved to the lounge and then gems,then she left, more or less the same time as rachel hatton and mark gould,makes you wonder how much cost cutting is going on.I havent been watching much of anything of late but i dont think the diamond room is even open for the advertised hours and from the little i have seen isnt overly busy,which is a shame for nick davies who compared to many is a fairly good presenter.

Latest posts

Back