Ecoegg 12 Fresher For Longer Discs & Holder TSV 06/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ecoegg 12 Fresher For Longer Discs with Holder
Item Number: 805200
QVC Price £16.50
Todays Special Value Price £12.96
P&P £2.95

These clever discs from Ecoegg absorb the ethylene gas that fruit and vegetables emit, causing them to spoil, so you can keep your fresh foods fresher for longer. This terrific home-helper set includes a dozen Fresher for Longer discs plus a holder to pop them in, and will help you reduce food wastage - saving you money and preventing unpleasant smells too!
Industry secret revealed - this technology has been used in both supermarket warehouses and cruise ships, both places where it is tricky to keep food fresh, to prolong the life of fruits and vegetables.

Super easy to use - just pop one in the fridge, fruit bowl, lunch box or cool box, and forget about it! The disc holder is only available at QVC and allows you to stick this to any surface, such as the inside of the fridge, or you can also hang it from a shelf with the hook.

Three years of freshness - each disk will last for three months, meaning this pack of 12 will keep you going for up to three years.

Contains:

12 x Fresher for Longer discs
1 x holder
Instruction booklet

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805200

I've tried this type of product both from Q and others (can't remember the specific brand names) and they were a waste of money. Anyone better experiences?

I've tried this type of product both from Q and others (can't remember the specific brand names) and they were a waste of money. Anyone better experiences?

Yes I can imagine them to be crap, caught before those three diddy silicone collapsible colanders for £22, I bought two silicone collapsible large ones for £3 each from Avon, were on earth do QVC pull these prices from? Mind you they could've came with your own personal chef, couldn't hang around what with Alison Keenan's manic, strenuous, fast presentation to find out.

My father being the 'bargain hunter' that he is was at his local supermarket and there was a TV product demonstrator there (JML) and there were doing something similar. The difference was that the JML version was a plastic egg that you unscrewed and put the mineral rock in. My dad (being the king of 'daft gadget's'), not only came home and told us about this 'wonderful' product in the excitable child way he has when he has a 'new toy' (personally I would prefer a new electronic tablet but hey ho each to their own), he put it in as per instructions, but it didn't do anything, the fruit still went 'bad' maybe a day or so later (but this could have equally have been that that particular fruit had a 'day's worth more life'. The gadget was consigned to cupboard in the kitchen (that we probably all have if we are honest), where the gadgets go (you know the Nutri Ninja's, Breadmakers, Steamers etc, though this of course could be our household).

The moral to this ramble, I am surprised they passed the TSV 'possy'!

I wish I had come on here before I ordered the TSV for my Daughter, the amount of fruit and veg she buys every week. I thought it might save her some money... will I ever learn.:taphead:

I wish I had come on here before I ordered the TSV for my Daughter, the amount of fruit and veg she buys every week. I thought it might save her some money... will I ever learn.:taphead:

you've been 'qvc'ed' (or conned), take your pick, though I am sure your daughter will think what a 'lovely, caring' mother you are, or she may just think you are incredibly gullible take your pick!:)

you've been 'qvc'ed' (or conned), take your pick, though I am sure your daughter will think what a 'lovely, caring' mother you are, or she may just think you are incredibly gullible take your pick!:)

I hadn't better go shopping with your Dad.:mysmilie_17:

Glad I came on here but I 'plunged'. Shortly having a stay in hospital, and my brain went into overdrive when I thought I could get these and buy my veg before I went in, so I wouldn't have to worry about shopping when I came out. (live on my own). Hmmmmm maybe I'll just get the groceries delivered instead. Thanks people !

Might as well put them through their paces and test them (not that I expect your daughter has two fridges fitted with time-lapse cameras!)

I think if they fail within the QVC usual 6 month cut off period the you should be able to return them for a full refund (incl postage) as "faulty" if your plums still wrinkle! Afterall they clearly state on air that they will extend the life of your veggies; so if they don't they must be faulty! QED!

CS would argue you should have returned them under the 30 day mbg but that's more for changing your mind. Ofcourse there's a risk QVC won't accept this, so return them within 30 days, having tested them, and return them as "faulty" and you should get your p&p back and you should get a pre-paid label!

I despair when I read reviews where the buyer says "rubbish threw it away as it didn't work, too much postage to bother returning" Why, when QVC make grandiose claims about these products do folk not challenge them and insist they must be faulty if they don't deliver the results promised on air? Always get your P&P back for faulty items even if you have to ask.

Preaching over. :mysmilie_1:

I hadn't better go shopping with your Dad.:mysmilie_17:

Probably a very good idea, one gulliable (is idiot (in a nice way) to strong a word), in the family is quite enough thank you :mysmilie_17: Though of course it is always interesting to see what new home-ware gadgets are around. What gets me though is he is suppose to be 'intelligent' (well he was a school-teacher), just goes to show no matter who you are everyone can fall for a con!

Think they'd probably work in a half-empty fridge, with everything taken out of its packaging, so that the air could circulate optimally. Our fridge is always full to capacity and I couldn't be bothered de-bagging everything.... Think I'll just do what normal people do - buy fresh food and eat it while it is fresh, rather than expecting a lettuce to look fresh in a month. It may "look" fresh but who's to say what vitamins and enzymes will have deteriorated in that time.

Might as well put them through their paces and test them (not that I expect your daughter has two fridges fitted with time-lapse cameras!)

I think if they fail within the QVC usual 6 month cut off period the you should be able to return them for a full refund (incl postage) as "faulty" if your plums still wrinkle! Afterall they clearly state on air that they will extend the life of your veggies; so if they don't they must be faulty! QED!

CS would argue you should have returned them under the 30 day mbg but that's more for changing your mind. Ofcourse there's a risk QVC won't accept this, so return them within 30 days, having tested them, and return them as "faulty" and you should get your p&p back and you should get a pre-paid label!

I despair when I read reviews where the buyer says "rubbish threw it away as it didn't work, too much postage to bother returning" Why, when QVC make grandiose claims about these products do folk not challenge them and insist they must be faulty if they don't deliver the results promised on air? Always get your P&P back for faulty items even if you have to ask.

Preaching over. :mysmilie_1:

The best of it is ...I saw my Daughter this afternoon and she has ordered them too...lol she has got two fridges so she can give them a good testing... she don't watch qvc much but she goes on the website.

Latest posts

Back