Think Craig has found his niche

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Turned on QVC and then quickly had to turn it over! Craig and Charlie Bears, his voice became even more baby like and super childish. Used to like Craig but recently he seems to have morphed into a sweetie chops and I cannot watch any of his shows now!

I know we all have our favourites but does anyone else agree here?

Maybe I'm just having a mid life crisis, LMAO! :mysmilie_5:

Turned on QVC and then quickly had to turn it over! Craig and Charlie Bears, his voice became even more baby like and super childish. Used to like Craig but recently he seems to have morphed into a sweetie chops and I cannot watch any of his shows now!

No it's not just you. I very rarely watch QVC now but he seems to get more camp than Butlins every time I catch a glimpse of him.

I always think he's overacting for show-reels that are required as part of auditions for other jobs in the media. (oh I wish)

I don't watch him anymore, I find him far too smarmy. I lol when I hear other presenters and guests say that is CR's favourite. Imo he is an attention seeking prat that will do/say anything to stay in the limelight. As soon as I hear his voice my tv is switched over/off. I like it when I hear he is on with RJ...two birds with one stone. LOL

When he wears bracelets and puts handbags over his shoulder its a demonstration too far!! Just read his Elemis blog (don`t usually read blogs and won`t again!!) and his skin is now wonderful!! Never liked watching him.. now can`t stand him!!

I don't watch him anymore, I find him far too smarmy. I lol when I hear other presenters and guests say that is CR's favourite. Imo he is an attention seeking prat that will do/say anything to stay in the limelight. As soon as I hear his voice my tv is switched over/off. I like it when I hear he is on with RJ...two birds with one stone. LOL

No I feel the same about him, always have.

When he wears bracelets and puts handbags over his shoulder its a demonstration too far!! Just read his Elemis blog (don`t usually read blogs and won`t again!!) and his skin is now wonderful!! Never liked watching him.. now can`t stand him!!

He is what he is, but personally I would prefer a female to demonstrate the attributes of a handbag, and equally a bloke to show me how to work a drill. Old fashioned thinking I know, but I had a Dad who had to be cajoled into wearing aftershave, and a husband who thought it a bit 'nancy' to wearing lip salve in the summer.

Don't see enough of him to have thoughts either way

There are far too many female presenters and guests to push off the cliff before we get to Craig.

I think he comes across as a nice guy. Not too bright, but nice. It isn't his fault that they put the Q blokes on inappropriate shows; requiring them to coo over knicker elastic, lip gloop and crimplene frocks.

I never liked him during that audition search they did for a new presenter in my opinion he should never have won, the lady (who's name I can't remember) should have won hands down, it was all fixed in my opinion

I agree, but he just seems to enjoy it a little toooo much.

I'd say the winner on that score is actually Charlie. Stroking clothes, saying "we" when talking about wearing stuff. And the absolute corker - they had him presenting that pelvic trainer thing (think tampon-shaped slendertone for your innards) and he seemed very comfortable (more than could be said for much of the viewing public I dare say).

I didn't watch it, but I've noticed Craig seems to do the CB hours more often now, unless it's my imagination. It used to nearly always be either Dale or Charlie, and they were gushing enough, so heaven knows what Craig's like. Charlie & Will seem much more comfortable with the male presenters.

The very first Charlie Bears show I saw was an audience participation show hosted by either Charlie or Dale as the main presenter with Will and Charlie... several tables of CB owners with their bears, and Miceál going round the tables with a microphone. Anyone else remember that? Would have been 2008 or 2009. I did think it was a bit bizarre, but there wasn't so much of the cooing and baby talk.

Miceál is, for me, the worst at regressing into childhood on the CB shows. Neither Dale nor Charlie do that, although they spend a lot of time stroking the bears.

I agree, brissles. Perhaps it's our age(!). I've watched a male presenter on TJC showing handbags, and felt exactly the same - OK, he showed the inside and outside of the bags, but I like to see a shoulder bag actually worn on someone's shoulder, or a clutch bag shown against the body.
He is what he is, but personally I would prefer a female to demonstrate the attributes of a handbag, and equally a bloke to show me how to work a drill. Old fashioned thinking I know, but I had a Dad who had to be cajoled into wearing aftershave, and a husband who thought it a bit 'nancy' to wearing lip salve in the summer.

If it was the teddy bears tea party one I'm thinking of, then yes, I do remember it, may. The CB bear owners all sat at small tables in the studio, and it was an 'invitation only' thing and a great to-do made out of what an honour is was to have been invited! I can't recall seeing it in more recent years - did they only do the one?

[/I]
The very first Charlie Bears show I saw was an audience participation hosted by either Charlie or Dale as the main presenter with Will and Charlie... several tables of CB owners with their bears, and Miceál going round the tables with a microphone. Anyone else remember that? Would have been 2008 or 2009. I did think it was a bit bizarre, but there wasn't so much of the cooing and baby talk.

Miceál is, for me, the worst at regressing into childhood on the CB shows. Neither Dale nor Charlie do that, although they spend a lot of time stroking the bears.

he seems a nice man and I bet he's really good company with friends, but I don't like his presenting style.

Having said that, the only men who's style I do like are Charlie and Miceal. They aren't too shouty, don't repeat words and phrases (SB) and not smarmy ( DFr and CR).

I really don't mind men presenting beauty and fashion as long as they do it properly.

Actually I like males doing non make products because they don't spend all the time doing the me,me,me, I have, I use,I love bit, I'm in a small etc etc. They tend to do their homework so they don't look stupid, ask questions, let the guest talk and then she can show the bag or whatever on.

Jill F and others scrunching the "bunny ears" leather is no good to man nor beast.

Was talking to someone the other day and they used smarmy and can't watch him either. Don't feel so bad now :mysmilie_5:

The very first Charlie Bears show I saw was an audience participation show hosted by either Charlie or Dale as the main presenter with Will and Charlie... several tables of CB owners with their bears, and Miceál going round the tables with a microphone. Anyone else remember that? Would have been 2008 or 2009. I did think it was a bit bizarre, but there wasn't so much of the cooing and baby talk.

Exactly the baby talk and cooing, stroking, giggling like a child is a big turn off! So I usually do! :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back