Awful Kipling guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Seems Marie-Francoise couldn't make it so instead they got a Katie Hopkins lookalike with a grating, chavvy voice! Talk about nails down a chalkboard. And what's with naming those monkeys? What a stupid marketing gimmick! It's so Quacker, "quack quack look at meeeeeeeeeeee I've got a monkey called Carlotta on my bag!" Eugh!

I was flicking through channels and stopped briefly on QVC, long enough for my poor ears to be assaulted by the buzzer-voiced Kipling guest.

Totally disagree with you there, Julius. Lucy Piper has done her homework, she's been showing the storage (when the director has the camera on her and Jilly). The interaction between Jilly and Lucy has been excellent. Lucy's anecdotes have been interesting relevant to how to use the bags, and I applaud her demo of converting the small bag to a bum-bag.

I was going to put a post saying well done, as Marie-Francoise is a hard act to follow.

Focusing on monkey names is customer driven, so silly as it is, I can understand them doing it.

I believe Marie-Francoise works quite a lot in the States, isn't she a model/actress as well? I've seen her on a few adverts here in the UK, she also appears on QVC USA and Germany as the Kipling guest as well I believe.

MFW is poorly so wasn't able to do the show. Lucy often stands in when MFW is not available so she knows Kipling well, she also presents some homeware brands!

I caught a bit of this and I have to say I turned off not long afterwards as I find Lucy Piper very hsrd to watch. She had indeed done her homework, knew which colour was which, and knew the names and feathers of the bags and so forth which I would appreciate if I wanted to shop (never been tempted by Kipling!!), BUT despite that I do find her voice and delivery pretty unbearable. It's so fast and I find it very repetitive and quite patronising.

She does a couple of dreadful informercials too, which show in the early hours! She's very professional just not a fan.

Speaking of guests I'm not a fan of, did anyone catch any of the easiyo hour which followed Kipling I believe? I must have had half of it on in the background, and it made me miss the former guest, Gilly*(spelling) very much...! [Jilly Jones, I just remembered!]

I didn't watch the Kipling show, but I have seen Lucy Piper standing in for MF and think she can do justice to her job, on the other hand I agree about the Jilly Jones stand in on the Easiyo shows, she seem nice enough... but imo can't make the show as good as JJ always did.

She's the one on that generic QVC advert who says, "Shopping with colour is definitely one of my favourites"

Eh? Makes no sense at all.

Edit - or it may be 'styling' instead of 'shopping', can't quite remember. Oh gosh, now I'm making no sense :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
I think Marie Francoise is hard act to follow but at least Lucy seemed to know about the bags and sound reasonably enthusiastic about them, I still would rather listen to her than most of the American guests, their voices just go through me!!

Seems Marie-Francoise couldn't make it so instead they got a Katie Hopkins lookalike with a grating, chavvy voice! Talk about nails down a chalkboard. And what's with naming those monkeys? What a stupid marketing gimmick! It's so Quacker, "quack quack look at meeeeeeeeeeee I've got a monkey called Carlotta on my bag!" Eugh!

No she has been a Q guest presenter for several years, she usually brings lighting and garden products to Q, in fact she did the previous days TSV (obviously why she was on hand), I did find it a tad strange though as even though she does guest present, usually guest presenters stick to their own 'fields' as it were (no I am not calling them cows (honestly)), I mean you would never see Jill Gauntlet present fashion or accessories, just as you would never see Carla Lazero (SP) present gardening products. No I think if a guest presenter presents a certain section then they should stick to that section, unless (god forbid), she wants to an actual presenter, I mean JF started as a guest presenter!

I didn't watch the Kipling show, but I have seen Lucy Piper standing in for MF and think she can do justice to her job, on the other hand I agree about the Jilly Jones stand in on the Easiyo shows, she seem nice enough... but imo can't make the show as good as JJ always did.

I remember when Caroline the stand in for Jilly Jones first started out on QVC as a Model over 20 years ago.

Not big into Kipling and as I hate the zillion monkey twaddle (and the bleeding names - what the heck is that all about) together with the mixup of the colours it is usually on mute so I can't say what she was like.

Hope I don't offend (probably will) but TOWIE type of guests/presenters are an automatic turn off for me.. Unfortunately even if they knew their stuff inside out they would set my teeth on edge on any form of the media.

I remember when Caroline the stand in for Jilly Jones first started out on QVC as a Model over 20 years ago.

Yes I remember her from way back, I also quite liked her doing keep fit, but imo she doesn't seem suited to the Easiyo show...

MFW is poorly so wasn't able to do the show. Lucy often stands in when MFW is not available so she knows Kipling well, she also presents some homeware brands!

Maybe she was bitten by one of the kittens that she and her cousin smuggled into the UK in a Kipling and now has Rabies. Now that would be what I call poetic justice.

Sorry, but anyone stupid enough to put the whole country in danger of a rabies epidemic needs at the very least a serious talking to.

Latest posts

Back