The 'Alternative' Moira C + your opinion of scarflaces? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this, merryone. I've been tempted by them, but wanted an opinion from people on here as I know I'll get honest viewpoints. I agree with what you say about the mix n' match idea, as yesterday I saw a couple I really liked but they were from different sets of 3 - and some of the rest in the sets were in what I would describe as old-fashioned granny's curtains patterns, so I know I wouldn't wear those, or want to give them as gifts. I gathered from what presenters have said that the magnetic fasteners have been a big hit with customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
    Don't really have an opinion on Moira, she's a bit of a loon, but I don't find her unwatchable. When I first came across scarflaces, might have even been on QVC I thought they were awful and I think back then they mostly were. The shades were mostly garish and floral, or in frumpy pastel colours with those hideous filigree fastenings and I wasn't tempted in the least. Found one in a charity shop quite some time later and it was had quite a nice vintage paisley design, so I bought it...and I have to say I loved it. I checked out Moira's website and found some quite nice ones so I bought a leopard skin one and I wore it loads. Since then I've bought a fair few, and now they've got the magnetic fastenings, they're much better. The designs now are far less frumpy. She still does a hell of a lot of frumpy designs, but now you can get spotty ones, animal prints, ones with butterflies on, vintage ones - I've got a lovely one with a sort of "Parisian cafe design", a white one with red chilli peppers on and many many more. I also managed to get a limited edition larger one and it's an aubergine colour with burn out design and it looks amazing...and you can wear them in all different ways eg, round your head..but I don't do the Grace Kelly look...I tend to wear them as a
    headband sometimes. I've worn them just hung around the neck over a slimline black dress on a night out...covers a multitude of sins lol!

I would definitely recommend! The only gripe I have is that I wished Moira would do a mix and match deal with the sets of scarflaces she does as nine times out of then the three I'd choose would come from separate sets - It would be great if you could just pick your three favourites.

Likes shopperholic , Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Tommy Cooper wouldn't have even used one of Kenny Rogers Rags for his botched handkerchief tricks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	11495Click image for larger version. 

Views:	93 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	11496Click image for larger version. 

Views:	72 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	11497
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Enigma Guest

Try ebay. They have a fair few on there
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday Salleh was going on about how much she wanted to buy a Scarf while on honeymoon but that there were two she wanted. In the end she ended up buying both but because of the exchange rate she effectively got them for almost the cost of just one.

She used this analogy to reaffirm her belief that you're better buying two pairs of Trousers as it cost just 5 more for two pairs than one pair.

Firstly, didn't she get married in Spain? I could be wrong but hasn't Sterling dropped to very low levels against the Euro which would surely make buying things in the Eurozone more expensive?

Secondly, what's wrong with Scarflaces?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
    Don't really have an opinion on Moira, she's a bit of a loon, but I don't find her unwatchable. When I first came across scarflaces, might have even been on QVC I thought they were awful and I think back then they mostly were. The shades were mostly garish and floral, or in frumpy pastel colours with those hideous filigree fastenings and I wasn't tempted in the least. Found one in a charity shop quite some time later and it was had quite a nice vintage paisley design, so I bought it...and I have to say I loved it. I checked out Moira's website and found some quite nice ones so I bought a leopard skin one and I wore it loads. Since then I've bought a fair few, and now they've got the magnetic fastenings, they're much better. The designs now are far less frumpy. She still does a hell of a lot of frumpy designs, but now you can get spotty ones, animal prints, ones with butterflies on, vintage ones - I've got a lovely one with a sort of "Parisian cafe design", a white one with red chilli peppers on and many many more. I also managed to get a limited edition larger one and it's an aubergine colour with burn out design and it looks amazing...and you can wear them in all different ways eg, round your head..but I don't do the Grace Kelly look...I tend to wear them as a
    headband sometimes. I've worn them just hung around the neck over a slimline black dress on a night out...covers a multitude of sins lol!

I would definitely recommend! The only gripe I have is that I wished Moira would do a mix and match deal with the sets of scarflaces she does as nine times out of then the three I'd choose would come from separate sets - It would be great if you could just pick your three favourites.
    Yes that would be good if you could choose as I only like the odd one as I find them mostly too in your face and I`d like more self colours too in pastels not garish !!

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the latest reviews for Ideal World on Trust Pilot, not great. This one is for a Scarflace order (July 16) : -

'The Moira C scarf set was received screwed up and stuffed in a little plastic bag and when opened smelt musty. The material used was nothing like that stated on show and these facts were stated in the review as customers need to know how items are sent and received as well as how they perform'

I have to say that despite thinking Scarflaces were a bit naff I never thought they'd stink

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	12088Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	12089
    Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the Trustpilot reviews. They're not happy bunnies are they!
    Likes Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    Just read the Trustpilot reviews. They're not happy bunnies are they!
    Nope Muttley, Review Centre is even worse.

To try and be totally fair to them it's often the case that a reviewer is more likely to go out of their way to post about bad experiences than good ones. That said the very high percentage of negative reviews is as bad as I've seen.

They actually rate lower than Bid

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html

Post Thanks / Like

They'll smell musty cause they're probably produced in their thousands if not tens of thousands ... then will proceed to sit in an unheated probably poorly ventilated storeroom month in month out until sold.
    Likes Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Has she stopped trading? Her website has gone with just a telephone number for enquiries!!