Make Your Minds Up!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

E

Enigma

Guest Shopper
Can't sleep, thanks to my lovely anxiety and depression, so made a hot drink and am channel surfing on the telly.

So, I see TJC has gone back to airing 24 hours per day on Freeview. I wonder how long that will last this time?

Anyhoo, just before I moved on, the "lovely" Jo Grimwood (who looks like she fell face first into a MAC counter and got her hair style sponsored by Domestos) is acting all mock-surprised at how low a pair of earrings has gone. According to her, the buyers are in Las Vegas buying gems, so her producer is "taking advantage of this to bring some crazy low deals".

I thought Amit, Deepak and others were inflicting themselves on viewers (and mangling the English language in the process) to reduce prices crazily low? If that's the case, why are producers using their absence to sell stuff cheaply?

I know sellers can lie to make sales, but it really does help if you get your stories straight first. Either the buyers are helping viewers get lower prices, or they're keeping them higher than producers would otherwise go. Both cannot be true.

Can't sleep, thanks to my lovely anxiety and depression, so made a hot drink and am channel surfing on the telly.

So, I see TJC has gone back to airing 24 hours per day on Freeview. I wonder how long that will last this time?

Anyhoo, just before I moved on, the "lovely" Jo Grimwood (who looks like she fell face first into a MAC counter and got her hair style sponsored by Domestos) is acting all mock-surprised at how low a pair of earrings has gone. According to her, the buyers are in Las Vegas buying gems, so her producer is "taking advantage of this to bring some crazy low deals".

I thought Amit, Deepak and others were inflicting themselves on viewers (and mangling the English language in the process) to reduce prices crazily low? If that's the case, why are producers using their absence to sell stuff cheaply?

I know sellers can lie to make sales, but it really does help if you get your stories straight first. Either the buyers are helping viewers get lower prices, or they're keeping them higher than producers would otherwise go. Both cannot be true.

How patronising are these presenters?! Do they not know that the customer knows that the prices are decided in advanced and all agreed upon. Apparently the prices are locked into the computer so no one can change them, honestly they insult the very people who they expect to part with their money, but the biggest deceit is when the price starts at £1,000 and drops to £12.50 to try and make you think you're getting a bargain, Bid did it and look were deceit got them.

Hope you're feeling better today. :mysmilie_3:

Thanks! New meds should help when they kick in, but the heat isn't!

Falling price auctions are a massive con.

I hate the ''falling price'' concept. It's so shady.

you might not be verbally saying that a piece of jewellery is worth a £1000 and being sold for £12.50... but having it on the screen for £1000 at any point is an obvious implication and i'm surprised that they are allowed to do it.

Latest posts

Back