Rocks and Co now called rocks and Gold...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oathy

Registered Shopper
Well that happened fast didn't it.
no mention of changes then all of a sudden its not rocks and gold Outlet...

I think the jewellery channels are all looking at ways of survival.

TJC went down market. Chloe was selling some hideous hand bags yesterday,so bad she had to more or less say they would get a lot of comments and they would at least stand out. Never seen her lost for words.

Gems has started selling jewellery boxes which I never noticed before .

Turandot, if it's the shiny brown wooden jewellery boxes, they've been selling them for a long while now - they usually tell us that whenever they have them on, they sell out like wildfire and then there's a period of time before they re-appear again.

I think the jewellery channels are all looking at ways of survival.

TJC went down market. Chloe was selling some hideous hand bags yesterday,so bad she had to more or less say they would get a lot of comments and they would at least stand out. Never seen her lost for words.

Gems has started selling jewellery boxes which I never noticed before .

I don't who their spin doctor is but he is doing a good job. They are effectively selling rejects from Germany and Italy that Juwelo could not sell in the respective country. It appears that they are dumping the unsold jewelry in this country. Maybe this will work BUT how on earth can it be a sustainable model when they are selling below costs unless of course the cost values have been highly inflated. They say that Germany is covering their costs but for how long. Rocks and Co have failed to make money in the last few years when selling good stuff. Watching this space.

If my experience with them is anything to go by, their activities are highly dubious. Giving money-off discounts and then refusing to honour them because their own computer system "made a mistake" is pretty low business practice, IMO. I would never order from them again because of it. You only do that once to a customer.

I don't who their spin doctor is but he is doing a good job. They are effectively selling rejects from Germany and Italy that Juwelo could not sell in the respective country. It appears that they are dumping the unsold jewelry in this country. Maybe this will work BUT how on earth can it be a sustainable model when they are selling below costs unless of course the cost values have been highly inflated. They say that Germany is covering their costs but for how long. Rocks and Co have failed to make money in the last few years when selling good stuff. Watching this space.

Switched over tonight at about 6 pm, to see Cherry "miserable-as-sin" Cavill presenting (I'm using the word "presenting" in its loosest terms). She's having a monosyllabic exchange of words with, presumably, whoever is communicating via her earpiece. It's all "what?", "well, where is it?", "what?", from the lovely Miss Cavill, delivered in a grumpy voice, whilst looking down at the desk she's sitting at. Then there's a huge sigh, a fake smirk, and she finally puts out her hand to 'model' a ring. She gives the impression that, frankly, she'd rather be elsewhere, and that she's doing the viewers a favour by showing some jewellery. In my opinion, as a presenter she's a non-starter, and has an unpleasant, aggressive manner. If she wasn't the daughter of one of the top brass, I think it's doubtful she'd have a job. It was obvious from my 5 minutes viewing that the "new name, new image" is going well!!!

Can't see it, Adam, but I've been saying that for ages and they seem to be surviving. They certainly won't get any of my dosh, that's for sure, and I think they have some of the worst presenters. How Liv Edmonds (ex-Gemporia) could have taken a job there, I don't know. Apart from her and perhaps Johnny Scotty, the ones they have now are the dross they've been left with, in my opinion. The 2 guys they seemingly got rid of years ago - Mark & Alan - were far better presenters, but all they want are the screechy blondes.

Will this channel last for much longer ?

I made a complaint the other night about one of the presenters - I think her name is Kim. She was almost screaming and it was so bad that the sound on my very expensive Panasonic TV became distorted. I really let rip in my email. Not only about her and her screeching, but I also included Vicky and mentioned the fact that Cherry obviously felt that she was doing a job that was beneath her and it was apparent in her miserable demeanour. I did get an immediate response stating that my comments would be investigated! I've not bothered to watch since. This aggressive form of selling is an absolute turn-off.

So agree with you. I watch occasionally (never buy now) and the presenters are dire. Vicky sounds like the QEII coming into port, Kim is obviously in training to be a Regimental Sargeant Major and Cherry has one huge attitude problem, and she needs sorting out pronto. It shouldn't matter that she's the daughter of Debby Cavill, the top brass, she is still a presenter and should behave professionally. I posted about her the other day, when she was having a discussion with whoever was in her earpiece - he tone and manner was so abrupt and aggressive. I think Liv Edmonds made a big, big mistake going to this channel - I don't know what she was thinking of. Hannah Clemmow is also awful (as she was on Gems), just so dictatorial and abrupt. Are this lot really the best presenters they could find or the cheapest? I've complained about Vicky's screeching too and was told the same as you.

I made a complaint the other night about one of the presenters - I think her name is Kim. She was almost screaming and it was so bad that the sound on my very expensive Panasonic TV became distorted. I really let rip in my email. Not only about her and her screeching, but I also included Vicky and mentioned the fact that Cherry obviously felt that she was doing a job that was beneath her and it was apparent in her miserable demeanour. I did get an immediate response stating that my comments would be investigated! I've not bothered to watch since. This aggressive form of selling is an absolute turn-off.

Latest posts

Back