Rocks and Co now called rocks and Gold...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocks and Co now called rocks and Gold...

Well that happened fast didn't it.
    no mention of changes then all of a sudden its not rocks and gold Outlet...

Likes historymystery, Adam82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    I think the jewellery channels are all looking at ways of survival.

TJC went down market. Chloe was selling some hideous hand bags yesterday,so bad she had to more or less say they would get a lot of comments and they would at least stand out. Never seen her lost for words.

Gems has started selling jewellery boxes which I never noticed before .
    Likes historymystery liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Turandot, if it's the shiny brown wooden jewellery boxes, they've been selling them for a long while now - they usually tell us that whenever they have them on, they sell out like wildfire and then there's a period of time before they re-appear again.

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
    I think the jewellery channels are all looking at ways of survival.

TJC went down market. Chloe was selling some hideous hand bags yesterday,so bad she had to more or less say they would get a lot of comments and they would at least stand out. Never seen her lost for words.

Gems has started selling jewellery boxes which I never noticed before .
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It should have been renamed Rocks and Con
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
    Likes Adam82, Inspiration liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't who their spin doctor is but he is doing a good job. They are effectively selling rejects from Germany and Italy that Juwelo could not sell in the respective country. It appears that they are dumping the unsold jewelry in this country. Maybe this will work BUT how on earth can it be a sustainable model when they are selling below costs unless of course the cost values have been highly inflated. They say that Germany is covering their costs but for how long. Rocks and Co have failed to make money in the last few years when selling good stuff. Watching this space.

Post Thanks / Like

If my experience with them is anything to go by, their activities are highly dubious. Giving money-off discounts and then refusing to honour them because their own computer system "made a mistake" is pretty low business practice, IMO. I would never order from them again because of it. You only do that once to a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
    I don't who their spin doctor is but he is doing a good job. They are effectively selling rejects from Germany and Italy that Juwelo could not sell in the respective country. It appears that they are dumping the unsold jewelry in this country. Maybe this will work BUT how on earth can it be a sustainable model when they are selling below costs unless of course the cost values have been highly inflated. They say that Germany is covering their costs but for how long. Rocks and Co have failed to make money in the last few years when selling good stuff. Watching this space.
    Likes Inspiration liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Switched over tonight at about 6 pm, to see Cherry "miserable-as-sin" Cavill presenting (I'm using the word "presenting" in its loosest terms). She's having a monosyllabic exchange of words with, presumably, whoever is communicating via her earpiece. It's all "what?", "well, where is it?", "what?", from the lovely Miss Cavill, delivered in a grumpy voice, whilst looking down at the desk she's sitting at. Then there's a huge sigh, a fake smirk, and she finally puts out her hand to 'model' a ring. She gives the impression that, frankly, she'd rather be elsewhere, and that she's doing the viewers a favour by showing some jewellery. In my opinion, as a presenter she's a non-starter, and has an unpleasant, aggressive manner. If she wasn't the daughter of one of the top brass, I think it's doubtful she'd have a job. It was obvious from my 5 minutes viewing that the "new name, new image" is going well!!!
    Likes Adam82, Inspiration, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Will this channel last for much longer ?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see it, Adam, but I've been saying that for ages and they seem to be surviving. They certainly won't get any of my dosh, that's for sure, and I think they have some of the worst presenters. How Liv Edmonds (ex-Gemporia) could have taken a job there, I don't know. Apart from her and perhaps Johnny Scotty, the ones they have now are the dross they've been left with, in my opinion. The 2 guys they seemingly got rid of years ago - Mark & Alan - were far better presenters, but all they want are the screechy blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
    Will this channel last for much longer ?
    Likes reanebeanie, Adam82, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

ADVERTISING

There's already a website called rocksandgold http://rocksandgold.com.
    Last edited by Adam82; 10-06-2016 at 03:22 PM.