Beauty Tools & Accessories TSV 22/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you are not on Facebook links will not work unfortunately I have pasted and copied some of the conversation. Because the original poster included a video link could not get the whole thing in one go.

QVC UK Hi Emma, could we ask that you don't use your hot brush for the time being and to get in touch with us on 0800 51 41 31 or email [email protected]. Many thanks for highlighting this. Rachel x
1 · 18 hrs
Emma Lawson
Emma Lawson I have just called customer services as advised & they have arranged a collection for the two brushes I bought so thank you for your great customer service :) its also worth mentioning that in the Facebook group Back To You QVC another lady also has mentioned that her Babyliss Pro hot brush is also sparking so this issue may well be a wider problem, sorry! Thanks for your help :)
17 hrs
QVC UK
QVC UK Thanks for letting me knwo you've been in touch Emma. I've passed the info over to our quality team to get this looked in to. Rachel x
1 · 17 hrs
Kim Williams
Kim Williams Best check mine though not noticed this issue?
1 · 16 hrs
Lois Prior
Lois Prior Helen Briars can you check yours??
1 · 14 hrs
Vicki Tordoff
Vicki Tordoff Thanks for pointing this out Emma. I've just checked mine & it's doing the same. Will contact CS tomorrow. Doesn't feel safe once you've seen the sparks does it!
1 · 14 hrs
2 Replies
Kathleen Jennings
Kathleen Jennings In the presentation the guest presenter said that the crackling/buzzing sound was the ionic thing working and that was normal, when I checked my brush I switched on and when the temperature was set there was two tiny sparks and then the ionic thing started to do the crackling/buzzing sound but no more tiny sparks.
1 · 11 hrs
Emma Lawson
Emma Lawson Yer mine did the ticking sound but like you said we were told that it was normal for the Ionic Generator & so I have no issue with that, however we certainly were not told about any blue sparks & that is what's concerning me. I watched my hot brush clo...See More
11 hrs · Edited
Sandra Macleod
Sandra Macleod I don't think sparks and hair are a good combination.
1 · 10 hrs
1 Reply
Barbara Gooch
Barbara Gooch Omg they need to be recalled surely.
1 hr
Rosie Cole
Rosie Cole Mines doing the same, blue sparks coming out when first turned on but when it gets to the required temperature it stops sparking. Perhaps it's the ionic. Qvc should I stop using it?

I did a quick bit of reading up and apparently blue sparks are positive and as ionic is supposed to be negative you deffo do not want blue sparks!

Okay, Babliss say the brush should not spark. If you have one that does contact QVC and return it to get another one.

Shouldn't either Q or Babyliss do a product recall if this is potentially dangerous. I think they should arrange for them all to be returned as a safety precaution. They did it with the Dyson fan, or rather Dyson made all the arrangements and Q let them get on with it.

Well QVC never take responsibility for anything, so it looks like it'll be down to Babyliss.

This was the response....
QVC UK Hi all, we're happy to confirm that we have worked with BabyLiss concerning the query you have raised. Whilst blue omissions are not normally visible, in humid conditions, they sometimes can be. The omissions are produced by the ionic generator which is positioned beneath the centre hole in the brush. We are sorry for the confusion caused by the information provided by BabyLiss initially. BabyLiss have confirmed that they will update their representatives accordingly. We hope that you enjoy using your hot brush .

Seems strange that Babyliss initially said it was a fault. So after QVC having a word with them they've changed their tune? Feels like QVC pushing them into a corner.

Can babyliss be pushed in a corner because if something goes wrong they will have legal repercussions on their hands .

"Omissions"! LOL! Oh dear! :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_501: Write it out 3 times "Rachel" of QVC: Emissions emissions emissions :mysmilie_514:

I didn’t realise Katy P has such dark hair. She looks like Snow White in the Disney cartoon. Don’t like the shoes, I’m not a fan of toeless or heel-less boots.

I returned this the last time it was a TSV. It made my hair limper than it is naturally. The Big Hair gizmo is the way to go for me, and I already have one of those!

I didn’t realise Katy P has such dark hair. She looks like Snow White in the Disney cartoon. Don’t like the shoes, I’m not a fan of toeless or heel-less boots.

Me neither EM, its a pointless fashion - why show your toes when the rest of the foot is covered, and it looks stoooopid !

Apropos today's TSV why spend time turning the brush and getting an achy arm, when the same effect is realised by the Babyliss rotating brush ???? to prevent 'limp' occurring, I hot brush my hair then place that section into a roller until I've finished - yes a headful of rollers at the end but it gives the hair time to cool down and the style is more likely to 'stay'.

Latest posts

Back