Deer ticks and other ticks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I went out for a walk on the South Downs yesterday near Eastbourne. When I got undressed to take a shower at 6pm I found a tick on my bra. I thought it was a bit of fluff but examined it as I was curious to see how it had got there. The tick was alive but had probably not bitten me as it did not appear engorged. I will be checking my boots and clothing carefully in future as some ticks carry Lyme's disease which can lead to serious health problems. I will keep an eye on any fevers and pains over the next 6 weeks as it may have bitten me and I have not reacted.
I met someone yesterday in the evening who said she had found 2 ticks walking very her boots. Probably the mild winter has not killed them off

Hi My husband picked up a tick doing archery on the edge of the South Downs a couple of months ago. Just to be on the safe side our GP gave him a prescription as a precaution against him developing Lymes disease. He definitely had been bitten and had the classic pale patch with red circle. Worth ringing your GP if only to put your mind at rest; though the receptionist didn't know what Lymes disease was so you may have to insist on speaking to the GP. Not a nice disease so better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back