Consumer Contracts Regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Not having purchased from I W for quite a while and recently returning two separate orders I`d like to ask is it normal after cancelling the orders by email quoting the Consumer Contracts Regulations requesting a refund inclusive of the original (that was totally ignored in the reply acknowledging that I was returning my orders ) P&P that you have to re request the P&P refund after it not being included in the refund for the goods I was eventually refunded both times ..but should you have to ask twice?!! Is it always like that or was I just unlucky ?

Out of everything I've ever bought, I've only ever sent faulty items back (even months after they'll replace or refund and pay return postage of faulty items) when I've opted for refund I've always got it back in a week, is that what you mean?

Out of everything I've ever bought, I've only ever sent faulty items back (even months after they'll replace or refund and pay return postage of faulty items) when I've opted for refund I've always got it back in a week, is that what you mean?

yes Jacksmissis is right The original postage that you pay when you order something which by law should be refunded when the refund for the returned is goods repaid Both times I have had to ask twice for it to be refunded You get it eventually but its annoying I bet some don`t bother because of the hassle ..not sure but when they changed it to the present form from distance Selling Regulations they changed it so the seller had to automatically refunded I stand to be corrected on that

Oh I see, sorry Madabout I've only ever returned faulty stuff (not many to be honest) I'm glad you get it back though, but waiting for anything is a right pain in the bum.

as it's a current topic on the QVC forum..

...so I thought I'd resurrect this thread about the CC Regs(formerly DSRegs). Sorry to lazily copy and past what I'd already typed over on the Q thread.

"Does anyone know how this would apply to returns to Ideal World? Their returns by Royal Mail would be at the customer's expense, but they also introduced an option to return via ParcelShop for £2.99(used to be cheaper) and most recently, free returns via Asda. But since their return window is 14 days wouldn't that mean all their outward p&p should be automatically refunded under the CC regs or under the earlier DS Regs where the buyer emailed to cancel the order?

I'll confess I never bothered to cancel an order for an occasional IW return; they were few and far between as I make fewer orders and in the earlier days of the DS Regs my perception was that contacting IW customer service was at best challenging and I'd choose my battles for faulty items etc. Has anyone consistently cancelled IW orders and had their outward postage refunded? Maybe IW will have to look at all their returns - all within 14 days - since the 2014 legislation."

I wonder whether Ideal World will tackle this pro-actively or wait for fall out from the QVC fiasco?

Latest posts

Back