Quality Control - what quality control?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SallyMc

Registered Shopper
IMG_0738.JPG

My 1st Hot Rocks purchase has just arrived.

In pieces!

:mysmilie_10:

IMG_0738.JPG

Blummin annoying! I haven't bought from his new range but I returned a couple of his jewellery items when he sold under the Mickey brand name.

I'm guessing another return that nobody's bothered checking and it's been sent out as a new order, disgusting. I mean, you can't physically put a necklace in a box without realising it's broken and I can't believe any amount of being chucked about in transit would break it quite so comprehensively!?

I can totally sympathise with you and the disappointment you must feel when you open your parcel to find a used item. That's the reason I closed my account almost three years ago now, because four out of the last five items I ordered from QVC were visible used, dirty returns. That was the last straw because I'd put up with this for twenty years, were I received more used, dirty items than I did the new ones I'd paid for and that was totally unacceptable.

Someone posted on Q`s facebook page last week about receiving a pendant which was dirty, the metal had turned black and in a used box or bag and if I remember correctly the chain was also broken and knotted. We all know many of these jewellery brands are made in China for pennies but when you pay pounds and in some cases a lot of pounds, you at least expect a brand new item and in good condition.

I agree that the fashion jewllery is poor quality I bought a few Butler and Wilson items a couple of years ago and they are badly tarnished. Not even good enough for the charity shop. Now it's eBay and direct from China. Costs next to nothing but looks good for holiday the good stuff I've got I use for special occasions

Clearance items of clothing I've received are always visibly used, some smelling of perfume and some smelling of smoke. If you're going to wear and return, you could at least wash it. I won't mention those pyjamas I sent back of course :mysmilie_17:

CC

The man from Love Rocks gives me the creeps.

I'm sure we all understand that when products are mass made and sold in volume there will be occasions when a product is faulty and that's fine but I agree with the previous poster. That's either a return or their ripoff postage and packaging isn't good enough which it should be, it costs enough.

Not good, get a grip Q :down:

Clearance items of clothing I've received are always visibly used, some smelling of perfume and some smelling of smoke. If you're going to wear and return, you could at least wash it. I won't mention those pyjamas I sent back of course :mysmilie_17:

CC

I won't touch clearance, or as is, or last clicks. The reductions are generally poor, and the state of the items is generally highly suspect.

And I'm saying that as someone who was naïve/stupid/both and used to shop in that part of QVC's site... and then was even more stupid not to ring up and complain about the condition in which items were sent out.

It makes me wonder if I'm an idiot for caring about carefully trying stuff out and then carefully packaging it up to send back.

My QVC shopping is, thankfully, under strict control these days. Not that I think QVC care. I am sure just like the gyms which have annual memberships which are used religiously for the first week or month, then dwindle to nothing (and those people then are only paying to ensure prices are competitive for the heavy users, until they wake up and cancel their memberships) QVC must see customers who cautiously shop, massively shop, then slow to a trickle as the excitement wears off and the bills come in. They like the early days of QVC shopping where people are unable to resist the overt and subliminal urging to buy! buy now! buy two, or three! and most of us appear to have got past that ... most of the time.

Last edited:
No question in my mind its a return!!

All the bits in a small plastic bag.

That inside a bigger plastic bag.

That inside a mesh bag.

That inside a sturdy presentation box.

That inside a plastic outer wrapping!!

No way it got broken in transit, the links are actually open!!

No apology when I rang, just we will send you a return label.....:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10:

OMG - my review saying the necklace arrived broken and it being returned.....

was REJECTED!!

:mysmilie_365:

If they refuse to publish a factual review, they should hang their heads in shame.

OMG - my review saying the necklace arrived broken and it being returned.....

was REJECTED!!

:mysmilie_365:

If they refuse to publish a factual review, they should hang their heads in shame.

That is outrageous, blatant censorship - would be interested to see stats on how many 1-2 star reviews are actually ever posted, not that many compared to the higher ones I'm sure.

I do think QVC is losing their already tenuous grip on their customers' loyalty - their FB page is full of people complaining they're still waiting for refunds from returns/the double payments QVC took 10 DAYS AGO!!!!

In these days of Facebook, Twitter & forums like this news quickly spreads.So news of bad service/used & broken items can be widely known.I recently bought some Ultrasun at an airport shop only to find that the pump didn't work so returned it to their customer services.They of course insisted that it was working & I had asked for a refund which is in the process of being returned to my bank account.I did get £5 off my total order (4 items) because I had spent over a certain amount.They have removed the discount from the price of the Ultrasun refund which I thought was a bit much.

Q's FB seems to fall into 2 categories- the ones thanking them for allowing them to spend their money with them and here are the photos of the 300 monkeys/YC they have collected - and those complaining about faulty goods/ double payments/non delivery. The answers to all of these are so trite they make me cringe. I can predict the answer to the word before I read them.

Whilst I can read the visitors posts I'm not on FB but I've got to say that if the minions answering any complaints I posted put smilie faces and kisses on the answers I would scream.

In pursuit of fairness and because *I* am not biased (unlike the person who rejected my review) :mysmilie_10:

I have to say I did get a quick refund from Qvc.

Posted it Tuesday (using their return label) and had the refund by Friday.

Q's FB seems to fall into 2 categories- the ones thanking them for allowing them to spend their money with them and here are the photos of the 300 monkeys/YC they have collected - and those complaining about faulty goods/ double payments/non delivery. The answers to all of these are so trite they make me cringe. I can predict the answer to the word before I read them.

Whilst I can read the visitors posts I'm not on FB but I've got to say that if the minions answering any complaints I posted put smilie faces and kisses on the answers I would scream.

I completely agree. I hate their minions putting a kiss at the end of their replies. They could just about get away with it if it was a personalised reply to the individual who has written a complaint, but it's the same copy and paste reply to everyone ("can you pop us some details in an email blah blah blah") so it feels really yucky and insincere with the kiss on the end. Why can the QVC lovers on Facebook not see this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back