Pot/kettle/black Miss Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Before DelBoy came back there didn't seem to any hard sell technics used by presenters (probably more subliminal).

Q obviously thought things needed to change so called in the Queen of hard sell none other than our own DF. Obviously it worked as more and more seem to have followed in her footsteps.

Before DelBoy came back there didn't seem to any hard sell technics used by presenters (probably more subliminal).

Q obviously thought things needed to change so called in the Queen of hard sell none other than our own DF. Obviously it worked as more and more seem to have followed in her footsteps.

Actually thinking about it you are right LATI - I don't remember the hard sell when I first started to watch. Then DF turned up and the other presenters selling techniques changed and not for the better.

Agree about DF cranking up the place but the hard sell was and is overuse of adjectives and making sure camera was on a ruptured face, still used jump to the phones etc. Just a different kind of hard sell with no finger pointing. Just as annoying too! AY is hard sell wrapped up in "you need this cream if....." "don't buy it if....... " Now that is hard sell.

I well remember being invited to "window shop" without buying, being told that "if I didn't like a certain thing then this isn't for you", lots of talk about items being considered purchases.

Now £500 mixers are being spoken of as gifts for teachers, purchases must be multiples no matter what the price and warnings if we don't buy NOW we will live forever in misery as we will have missed something we can't live without.

Latest posts

Back