Elemis Biotec TSV 04/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have said this before the women at my local Elemis counter, they do facials as well normal and the new BioTech. I will call in to chat not even about Elemis just general stuff. Have told me of customers coming in and saying oh I watch QVC and I need to use this and this and this and this and this and this and this in my routine. No just keep it simple, you can add other products as a boost a few times a year if you really want. Is what they tell them and they always hit their sales targets each month with this.

At the end of the day QVC are here to sell as much as possible in a one hour slot each time.

I went for an Elemis facial a couple of years ago and got talking about QVC, the beauticians there said how Keeley was an embarrassement for the brand and they would never in a million years recommend the regimes that she does.

QVC will tell you that you need a thousand and one beauty products when a good moisturiser will do, they make their money and the most profit on beauty I mean look at Alison Young, the only beauty product she'll ever recommend to you is one that QVC sell, all that "qualified" beauty expert is cobblers, when in fact she's actually an unqualified beauty shopping channel presenter (doesn't sound as good that though does it) what baffles me though is how anyone falls for it.

Its actually astounding how 'new' products are being manufactured on a yearly basis. The cynic in me says there are less than half a dozen formulations for each beauty product which are remarketed and labelled as yet another 'groundbreaking anti ageing formula' - women are lust hungry to remain looking 'youthful' so will buy into it. All this 'layering' is a load of b......cks. Do we use layering on our hands ? er, no its a splodge of handcream and job done. The face is the same, a quick cleanse and a splodge of moisturiser before your make up.

All I can say is if this stuff ( and others ) actually worked and did what they say it does, then several QVC presenters and guests need to soak their faces in it for a month. I`m all for people refusing to do the botox and fillers route and I`m all for women ageing gracefully and that means their skin too but I`m dead against women who spout this claptrap and yet their own faces belie every word they utter.
Yes AY, JR and others have eye bags, lines, wrinkles, dull skin etc just like the rest of us so why do they lie through their teeth by saying products X, Y and Z will work wonders when they so obviously won`t.

It's the same with beauty counter staff in stores. If you so much as stop to look at something they are there, telling you how wonderful their latest serum/cream is. Yes, of course they are there to sell, it's their job, just like on Q, but few look a good advert for their brand or whatever they really use. AY and JF are the worst, JF is on almost every beauty show there is in the evenings.....she is no advert for any of them, the guests must be cringing.

all of the beauty presenters for all the brands are showing normal ageing signs. i think michelle from alpha h is the only rep of a certain age i who looks good. it looks as if elemis are using some type of glycolic type products in this range the cleanser. it seems to be the only active product in the tsv

I posted about this time last year on this very subject. I changed beautician and the new girl asked what I used. I reeled off serum , oil, moisturiser, cleanser, toner........ And had a chat about my stash. She was amazed and said I was making my skin lazy. She also advised that collagen cannot be applied topically for improvement. Anyway I've cut back as she advised stopped buying every TSV and my skin is just as good and I think I've saved well over £500. Still got some of my stash but it's definitely thinned out.

I do take a vitamin supplement which is for skin and nails and I really do feel my skin is in good shape.

all of the beauty presenters for all the brands are showing normal ageing signs. i think michelle from alpha h is the only rep of a certain age i who looks good. it looks as if elemis are using some type of glycolic type products in this range the cleanser. it seems to be the only active product in the tsv

Very true.

Such a shame that the simple honesty of telling customers it won't stop ageing, just help you to age a little more kindly.

One ingredient which does apparently have provable skin repairing qualities is retinol.

I agree with your observation about the cleanser in the TSV - I was thinking as I noted each acid which Keeley listed that it was rather more than meets the eye as a cleanser. Glycolic and Lactic acids in there.

I went for an Elemis facial yesterday. It was only their 15 minute biotec one & was free as I got an email from Elemis inviting me to take advantage of it, so I did. I say it was 'only 15 minutes' but it actually wasn't - the Elemis therapist that did it conducted an in depth analysis of my current regime and I also had the face mapping carried out on my skin before the facial was actually got underway. After all that she showed me what she thought I should be doing with my daily/weekly regime and what not too do.

The therapist was impressed I knew I had a combination skin - she asked how I knew & I said because I get an increasingly oily forehead throughout the day and when I apply a face mask, it completely absorbs into my cheeks. The mapping confirmed this. She also said I had one of the best complexions she's ever seen!

I've ordered this TSV as I am somewhat of a junky when it comes to beauty products - I love trying different ones, all the time. Whereas because I have a combination skin, I really should be sticking to one complete regime and therefore I think my face needs an overhaul.

I went for an Elemis facial yesterday. It was only their 15 minute biotec one & was free as I got an email from Elemis inviting me to take advantage of it, so I did. I say it was 'only 15 minutes' but it actually wasn't - the Elemis therapist that did it conducted an in depth analysis of my current regime and I also had the face mapping carried out on my skin before the facial was actually got underway. After all that she showed me what she thought I should be doing with my daily/weekly regime and what not too do.

The therapist was impressed I knew I had a combination skin - she asked how I knew & I said because I get an increasingly oily forehead throughout the day and when I apply a face mask, it completely absorbs into my cheeks. The mapping confirmed this. She also said I had one of the best complexions she's ever seen!

I've ordered this TSV as I am somewhat of a junky when it comes to beauty products - I love trying different ones, all the time. Whereas because I have a combination skin, I really should be sticking to one complete regime and therefore I think my face needs an overhaul.

Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot use Glycolic or lactic acids. The latter broke me out in big red lumps very quickly. At the end of the day just use what you enjoy and can afford. If there was some miracle product then it would be the only one on the market and every other one would disappear.

The US guest presenters all have that injected look, its considered normal by many women now. It does not come out of jar for sure.

Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot use Glycolic or lactic acids. The latter broke me out in big red lumps very quickly. At the end of the day just use what you enjoy and can afford. If there was some miracle product then it would be the only one on the market and every other one would disappear.

The US guest presenters all have that injected look, its considered normal by many women now. It does not come out of jar for sure.

Very true and very sad. And very unfair. The male presenters can get as grey, wrinkly and baggy as they like. Both here and in the US. One big difference between UK and US is that most presenters over here of both sexes are able to have less than straight, less than gleaming-white gnashers. The more people on tv are ironed of all wrinkles and other signs of ageing, the more we are pressured into not looking our age... and we have role models on our screens reinforcing the idea that being youthful or youthful-looking is essential. I don't want that. I do want those on our screens to wear makeup which flatters and distracts from the ultra-wrinkly eyes, or the steamer-trunk eye bags... but I'm happy that they are there silently assuring me that getting older is OK (and assuring those who have yet to get to that stage in life) that it's normal and not a "problem".

most people will look the best they can with clean skin and a moisturiser that agrees with them. luckily i can use glycolics as this is a real active not a made up one with psuedo science and odd words

Latest posts

Back