Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Derek Marks Leaving TJC!!

he just announced live on air that he is leaving TJC

apparently he is moving to a tv shopping channel from what ive heard him say so who knows but id like to wish him the best of luck as he was an amazing presenter & very funny too

› See More: Derek Marks Leaving TJC!!
      Thanks Petespants thanked for this post
      Likes nannieA liked this post

STAR IN THE HOOD

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that he's leaving TJC. Wonder which channel he'll go to?

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised by this. The channel has changed a lot selling less jewellery and more other stuff. To me it has gone down market and I rarely watch now let alone buy.

I loved his rapid auction shows but they stopped some time ago.

Good luck to him wherever he turns up. I have seen him on the Pavers channel from time to time.
      Likes nannieA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen him on my channel hopping travels the past couple of months on Pavers Shoes Tv, Sky 669. I've also seen that John fella who was on Rocks (or still is I don't know) and funny enough Sheila from IW is often on Pavers too, co presenting as opposed to modelling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      Not surprised by this. The channel has changed a lot selling less jewellery and more other stuff. To me it has gone down market and I rarely watch now let alone buy.

I loved his rapid auction shows but they stopped some time ago.

Good luck to him wherever he turns up. I have seen him on the Pavers channel from time to time.
      Sorry Turandot, I didn't read your post properly, I didn't notice you'd mentioned Pavers too, I totally agree with your comment on TJC.
      Likes Turandot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Sorry Turandot, I didn't read your post properly, I didn't notice you'd mentioned Pavers too, I totally agree with your comment on TJC.
      Great minds think alike ....I'm an avid channel hopper ....
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      Great minds think alike ....I'm an avid channel hopper ....
      Here! Here!

Post Thanks / Like

i know he does that cruise ship one too but yep i wish him all the best
      STAR IN THE HOOD

Post Thanks / Like

He was a good presenter on Gems several years ago, too, much better than some of the awful ones they have on there now. I'm not surprised he's leaving TJC, it seemed to me that the occasions he presented got fewer and fewer, and he sometimes seemed rather lack-lustre about what he was being asked to sell (with good reason, too). TJC has definitely gone downmarket, and having the Buyers on making "guest appearances" every other minute hasn't helped their credibility. I think Derek Marks has always had other irons in the fire, and he'll probably easily make up the spare time left from working at TJC by his other commitments. Shame, he had good knowledge of the gemstones he was selling, and gave you lots of factual information. Somehow, I don't think he'll be the last 'going over the wall' at TJC.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
      i know he does that cruise ship one too but yep i wish him all the best
      Likes nannieA, shopperholic , Turandot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not surprised that Derek has left TJC, had a feeling this has been on the cards for a while now. He hasn't been on the channel as often as he used to, and the odd times he was on, it was either the late shift or the early one. He is by far the best presenter on TJC, and like some of the comments here, I felt, on the odd occasions he has been on the channel, his heart hasn't been in it for a while. TJC has been going downhill for sometime, it used to be my number 1 shopping channel, but I hardly watch it now. Feel sad the way it is going, will miss lovely Derek, but I wish him all the best for the future.
      Likes nannieA, Turandot liked this post