Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

WIN WITH PRICE CRASH TV - SKY 677

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/images/watch_camera.png

Would you like to win an amazing stainless steel analogue watch featuring covert video recording with a 4GB memory? 

Featuring a stainless steel strap and an intricate design, this classy watch looks great as well as housing a secret camera!

With a 4GB built in memory, the discreet lens can be used to record video, images and sound - transferable to your computer via the USB cable

Always ensure surveillance devices are deployed and used responsibly - not for unjustified invasions of privacy or other types of misuse.

No question to answer, all you have to do is Like the Price Crash TV page on Facebook and share the competition post.

A winner will be chosen at random on Friday at 10am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

Agree totally with the other comments, Derek you "were always my favourite", funny, not shouty nor pushy or gabby I'm really sorry you've left. I, too, am disappointed with the direction TJC seems to be going, however, I stopped watching Gems a long time ago, most of the presenters are unwatchable, their comments unbelievable.
      Perhaps shopping channels in their present format need a re-think, their customers have more info at their end of a laptop now and maybe a calmer less hyped presentation would be better for all.
      Likes shopperholic , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, they do need a re-think. This hysterical style of presentation, with gabbled words and a complete lack of factual information about the gemstone turns me off completely. These days, probably because they employ presenters who do not have the in-depth, factual knowledge of the 'old style' presenters (most of whom have left!) the presenters seem to compensate for what would otherwise be long silences by talking in superlatives, telling you how "wonderful", "fantastic", etc. everything is - which is purely subjective anyway. I've noticed that there are few (if any) tips and hints given for those viewers without much gemstone knowledge - the older presenters would tell you, for example, not to immerse pearls, coral or opals in cleaning solution, because these stones are porous. They would also tell you not to put several items of jewellery together, in case the softer stones were scratched by the harder ones. They also used to mention about not buying magnetic clasps for anyone with a pacemaker - these are the useful things people want to hear. Telling them that the item is "gorgeous" serves no useful purpose. Also, can we hear a little about where the gemstones come from and when the stone was first discovered. I smile to myself when I see on their website that presenters are "qualified as an AJP jewellery professionals" - well, come on then, presenters - let's hear some knowledge coming over the airwaves!

Perhaps shopping channels in their present format need a re-think, their customers have more info at their end of a laptop now and maybe a calmer less hyped presentation would be better for all.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have lost their way .

They rebranded as TJC and started selling bedding ,bags and skin care ,but they don't seem to be able to decide what they are for now. I get the feeling the buyers get hold of a job lot of items cheaply and decide to sell them no matter what the item is .A bit like a market trader I suppose.

All those under 10 days must be profitable somehow.

I haven't seen Chris St Valery either lately although I don't watch anywhere near as often as I did so may have missed him.
      Last edited by Turandot; 18-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
      Likes shopperholic , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, Turandot, I haven't seen him either. Perhaps he's doing the later hours, or away on an extended holiday, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd packed it in (perhaps Derek Marks left the length of rope behind when he went 'over the wall'?). They make a big thing out of "our buyers have specially selected this item", but I think much of it is closeout stock that they buy up cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I think they have lost their way .

They rebranded as TJC and started selling bedding ,bags and skin care ,but they don't seem to be able to decide what they are for now. I get the feeling the buyers get hold of a job lot of items cheaply and decide to sell them no matter what the item is .A bit like a market trader I suppose.

All those under 10 days must be profitable somehow.

I haven't seen Chris St Valery either lately although I don't watch anywhere near as often as I did so may have missed him.
      Likes Turandot, shopperholic liked this post