No Beauty Bash in 2017

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear and QVC's statement on their Facebook page is :mysmilie_19:.

Perhaps they want everyone to pay in future? They seem to be in partnership with the Daily Mail for the BB now.

Oh dear and QVC's statement on their Facebook page is :mysmilie_19:.

Perhaps they want everyone to pay in future? They seem to be in partnership with the Daily Mail for the BB now.

I'm not on Facebook, had a scroll through QVC's page but couldn't find it - what did it say please? Has it always been the case, up until now, that those who spend the most on beauty get invited for free?

Okay here you go.

Hi All, just thought we would pop on and confirm that in order for us to deliver new heights of success, we'll be taking a break from the QVC Beauty Bash in 2017. This will allow us to fully reshape and reimagine the experience for our new and existing customers :)

This is from the mod on the QVC FB page. Behind the new heights of success comment(PMSL AT IT), sounds like its too expensive to run hiring the hall etc.

Yes they said the same about the next day delivery ,that would begin in the new year and 8 months have already passed .All they know is to make more money with increased postage .

We were planning to go. Never been and my friend asked me the other day. Is it a defo NO!? :mysmilie_51:

i went two years ago and loved it so did my sister. the year before last was really not good. poor refreshments and no freebies for guests and a bad atmosphere. lees stalls to. we decided not worth the effort and i dont live that far from the venue still not worth going

Okay here you go.

Hi All, just thought we would pop on and confirm that in order for us to deliver new heights of success, we'll be taking a break from the QVC Beauty Bash in 2017. This will allow us to fully reshape and reimagine the experience for our new and existing customers :)

This is from the mod on the QVC FB page. Behind the new heights of success comment(PMSL AT IT), sounds like its too expensive to run hiring the hall etc.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Fully reshape and imagine !!!!!!!

QVC need to look outside London and relaunch Beauty Bash as an around the country event... and maybe actually broadcast their shows from the BB events.

Can I also say that I suspect that QVC's recent high-handed refusal to allow sample-giving outside of the beauty bag they were giving out (which allowed them a way of getting rid of products from brands they were phasing out, I noticed with my bag) must have annoyed the many brands who were there, and perhaps two years of having the QVC minders supervising to ensure no samples were given has meant they've dug their heels in.

Can I also say that I suspect that QVC's recent high-handed refusal to allow sample-giving outside of the beauty bag they were giving out (which allowed them a way of getting rid of products from brands they were phasing out, I noticed with my bag) must have annoyed the many brands who were there, and perhaps two years of having the QVC minders supervising to ensure no samples were given has meant they've dug their heels in.

Why would QVC not want people to get samples? I don't understand that.
Surely some people are going to try something really like it & become a customer?

We were planning to go. Never been and my friend asked me the other day. Is it a defo NO!? :mysmilie_51:

Is it by invitation only, or do they give away some tickets to their best beauty customers and flog the rest?

I've always fancied going. I thought a day cooing and wooing over new products, with a bag of beauty goodies to take home and try, would be right up my street! That's really off if there's a bad atmosphere, though, and I've read on here before that some of the brand representatives were unfriendly. Surely the whole point of the event is to reward / schmooze your loyal customers? A concept that QVC seem to have an increasingly tentative grasp of. I got invited to the Craft Experience once, and we had a really great day, with everything as you would hope. The thing is that, if done right, these events do inspire brand loyalty and encourage people to continue shopping with QVC, but there's no point if they're going to start penny-pinching and short changing the customer of a really positive experience. That statement, though.. :mysmilie_19:

The US version has been going for years(I have said before how they run theirs), one NO FREE TICKETS AT ALL.

They open the phone lines and online for a set period on one day, you pick your packet and pay. Even then not everyone will get a place.

Gold packet includes an overnight stay in a particular hotel(the US is big), and exclusive items in goodie bag plus evening meal with the guests, a certain number at each table. One year these Gold Tickets got a free newest model of the Clarisonic as a special surprise under their chairs at the meal.

Silver same deal but no guests and smaller surprise gift.

Bronze is just the day ticket.

I am calling them Gold,Silver and Bronze but they might have been 1st Class, 2nd Class and 3rd?

Anyway all got goodie bags and loads of extras from each stand many full size products and the good buy was worth $$$$. I remember people putting up photos of their stuff on the Q US forum and it was so much better than the UK version. In the US they know the value of keeping the customers happy, so the brands really way out of the way to make sure customers would want to buy their products again.

qvc dont have that sense of customer loyalty penny pinching and a not very nice atmosphere put me off for life. my sister hated it more than me and we love exhibitions

Some of the comments by people complaining on Facebook that it is sooooooooooooo unfair of QVC to not do it next year were hilarious, that they were really upset etc.

Get a grip.

I went for the first time this year. Me and my friend quite enjoyed it but the hero worshipping of the QVC presenters was a bit stomach churning. We avoided them all. On the Gatineau stand Andrew couldn't talk to the younger ladies quick enough but ignored anyone past their prime, which put me off Gatineau. Keeley from Elemis was quite rude to normal people and only wanted to hang out with her QVC presenter pals. A lot of the brand ambassadors weren't very friendly unless you were prepared to gush over their products, exceptions being Flora Mare man, M Assam man and lady and the little ondine man.

Surely thats what QVC's beauty box is, getting you to pay for the samples instead of giving them away for free :mysmilie_17:

I like some of the presenters but do have a good laugh at the groupies they have on FBook! Follow for product info and early tips but some even call them 'friends', how strange indeed! Am sure they have 'meet up sessions too'??

Was planning on going next year and disappointed it's not on! :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back