No Beauty Bash in 2017

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like some of the presenters but do have a good laugh at the groupies they have on FBook! Follow for product info and early tips but some even call them 'friends', how strange indeed! Am sure they have 'meet up sessions too'??

Was planning on going next year and disappointed it's not on! :mysmilie_12:

The US version has been going for years(I have said before how they run theirs), one NO FREE TICKETS AT ALL.

They open the phone lines and online for a set period on one day, you pick your packet and pay. Even then not everyone will get a place.

Gold packet includes an overnight stay in a particular hotel(the US is big), and exclusive items in goodie bag plus evening meal with the guests, a certain number at each table. One year these Gold Tickets got a free newest model of the Clarisonic as a special surprise under their chairs at the meal.

Silver same deal but no guests and smaller surprise gift.

Bronze is just the day ticket.

I am calling them Gold,Silver and Bronze but they might have been 1st Class, 2nd Class and 3rd?

Anyway all got goodie bags and loads of extras from each stand many full size products and the good buy was worth $$$$. I remember people putting up photos of their stuff on the Q US forum and it was so much better than the UK version. In the US they know the value of keeping the customers happy, so the brands really way out of the way to make sure customers would want to buy their products again.

Makes you wonder if it is the same company doesn't it.

Makes you wonder if it is the same company doesn't it.

Yep.

I'd say it is two companies.

1. QVCUS seems to value customers and know you have to work hard to maintain their trust and loyalty so they will give QVC their hard-earned cash.
2. QVCUK think they are the bees knees and their customers should be grateful they are allowed to give QVC their hard-earned cash.
3. QVCUS seems to approache all its commercial avenues with professionalism and delivers informative content and interaction to aid their customers' purchase decisions.
4. QVCUK cannot be bothered to ensure all commercial avenues are up and running correctly with high-quality information for their customers. QVC live channel is all that matters.

I wonder if QVC US has been paying close-enough attention to what the motley crew in the UK has been up to? Because it seems increasingly that the only thing they have in common is the name (and one of them is definitely not living up to what the acronym is representing).

One massive different between QVC US vs QVC UK, the former for years have be able to do auto delivery and easy pay together most TSVs as well. QVC UK make excuses, no doubt because they have a very cheap system which just cannot handle it. Every time they update the site its worse than before never seems to be get better. Its like they are stuck in the 90s and other online retails are in the 21st century.

the presentations are much more thorough in the us more professional. but thats the us. love shopping there fantastic service and good vfm

One massive different between QVC US vs QVC UK, the former for years have be able to do auto delivery and easy pay together most TSVs as well. QVC UK make excuses, no doubt because they have a very cheap system which just cannot handle it. Every time they update the site its worse than before never seems to be get better. Its like they are stuck in the 90s and other online retails are in the 21st century.

I've a feeling that in the UK it's down to credit laws, rather than QVC UK making excuses that they can't do easy pay combined with advanced orders. (I may be wrong, though)

Wonder if the beauty bash is cancelled as they will make more money keeping the hundreds of samples to do the Tilly boxes without having to organise an event.

Some of the comments by people complaining on Facebook that it is sooooooooooooo unfair of QVC to not do it next year were hilarious, that they were really upset etc.

Get a grip.

Well I've been a loyal and good customer since the year dot! So too have many friends and family and proudly can say have never had anything free or given samples or invites or tickets to any Beauty Bash!

Slight favouritism at times or do they use a special mechanism to select people for these freebies etc etc ? :mysmilie_5:

That's a shame, but for anyone that wants a similar event Glamour Magazine did a beauty festival this year in London, it was a bit pricey at £50 a ticket but was a really good day! There was lots of freebies, free glass of fizz, had my make-up done by NARS, hair done by Redken, eyebrows done by benefit and a good goodie bag at the end too! We also got to see talks by beauty journalists, make up artists, you tubers and more! Thoroughly recommended if you're missing your beauty bash fix, it was in March but they are doing it again next year for anyone interested xx

Did anyone notice this on FB? (Hope it's ok to copy/paste someone's post!)

What happens to products after youve used them to show such as hand creams and shower gels

QVC UK Hi Xxxxxxx just to let you know we hold three samples of every product to facilitate our on air demonstrations. The samples are used until the end of their shelf life and the fresh appearance of our samples is down to the skill of our crew who spend lots of time carefully preparing the used samples for air in order

I nearly ****ed myself at the answer to quite an interesting question. Should it really have been "we send them out to suckers at full price hopeing they don't notice they are used"

I've a feeling that in the UK it's down to credit laws, rather than QVC UK making excuses that they can't do easy pay combined with advanced orders. (I may be wrong, though)

Yes QVC UK can only do 4 easy pay but the US can do 5. But each time a auto delivery comes that starts a new easy pay so its not one continuous easy pay. As people in the US will send one auto delivery back but continue with the one after without a problem.

qvc are really spending a lot more money to look swisher than ever. but i think thats the wrong route. better prices and free/capped postage would see thier sales soar. i maen amazon sells anything and everything and its online. no presentations but the prices are excellent and good service

Yes QVC UK can only do 4 easy pay but the US can do 5. But each time a auto delivery comes that starts a new easy pay so its not one continuous easy pay. As people in the US will send one auto delivery back but continue with the one after without a problem.

That may be true that you get a new EP for a new AD drop, but it depends how the UK financial authorities view it as you order the autodeliveries using a single item number.

I suspect that the most you would get under UK regulations, without QVC UK having to pass all the criteria for essentially a finance company would be 2ADs and 2EPs... which I think would be fine and attract people to buy the ADs that today they might think twice about. Obviously it wouldn't be possible on those ADs which are 3+ drops in the series.

qvc are really spending a lot more money to look swisher than ever. but i think thats the wrong route. better prices and free/capped postage would see thier sales soar. i maen amazon sells anything and everything and its online. no presentations but the prices are excellent and good service

Some of their new ads are an improvement but I tend to agree that it's not always a good route to go down! Have seen some poor products recently and unless they are getting the sales for this stuff then who knows!

From a previous marketeer it really is such a ruthless business out there! :mysmilie_1:

Some of their new ads are an improvement but I tend to agree that it's not always a good route to go down! Have seen some poor products recently and unless they are getting the sales for this stuff then who knows!

From a previous marketeer it really is such a ruthless business out there! :mysmilie_1:

even the easy pays route its not for me..i want good prices, free post, easy pays items are more expensive usually anyway.

Latest posts

Back