Festive Christmas Lighting TSV 24/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When my children were little they probably would have loved this, but now my only hope is that my neighbour Jenny, who can out-QVC-shop me, decides that at nearly 150 quid is just too much for this. Otherwise I might be buying thicker curtains (from the high street) :mysmilie_13:

Do they come with a warning about photo-sensitive epilepsy? :mysmilie_10:

One of the things that annoys me about Q is that you highlight a good point, as I am epileptic and have often commented silently out loud to myself, they never tell anyone who may make an electrical purchase the likes of this, or electrical body implements that they may be unsuitable for epileptics - until you get it home and read the small print. This to me is gross negligence, I once wanted laser treatment for facial hair but couldn't have it (and other things) because I'm epileptic - care needs to be taken QVC.

Apart from all of that - you're right to say that these days no doubt about it QVC are the online tv Harrods. I'd never pay for this tsv they can keep it.

I hope I didn't sound flippant Ohno; my best mate thru school had epliepsy. One of my triggers for migraines is flashing light; more usually driving in sunshine flashing through trees, if you know what I mean. I also can't wander through lighting stores to buy light-fittings where there are umpteen bulbs lit above me. I'd avoid flashing Christmas lights, but as you know you can't always avoid them when you're out and about. It does surprise me that QVC don't post an on-screen warning.

These are serious omissions they are selling products which are totally unsuitable for certain people & the only time you are aware of this is when you take delivery & read the small print.I agree Akimbo why do they not run a warning at the bottom of the screen?Well you would not order in the first place.I had a similar situation a few weeks ago when I ordered the Revitalash TSV & I read in the leaflet ( more often than not I don't & have used this product before) but it should not be used if you have had Cataract surgery (me!).I returned & had a refund including P&P but it cost me to send back, & I emailed & phoned QVC to point this problem out.The replies were that they would be pointing this out in future--I will be watching!

Last edited:
My opinion about this TSV hasn't changed since my post about it last year. So once again, I apologise to anyone who has bought them.

I think they're tacky with amateurish looking 'pictures' and messages to supposedly brighten up your home and put everyone in the mood for the various celebrations. If I was intending to light up my home with something like this (which I'm not) then I'd go for a more subtle look like small lighting on a tree or bush - not garish looking pictures with music.

I can't believe they are flogging this awful tat again this year. It looks cheap and sounds cheap.QVC go on about decking the halls, well I would go round + deck my neighbour f they bought one of these monstrosities!

I hope I didn't sound flippant Ohno; my best mate thru school had epliepsy. One of my triggers for migraines is flashing light; more usually driving in sunshine flashing through trees, if you know what I mean. I also can't wander through lighting stores to buy light-fittings where there are umpteen bulbs lit above me. I'd avoid flashing Christmas lights, but as you know you can't always avoid them when you're out and about. It does surprise me that QVC don't post an on-screen warning.

Indeed! I have to turn away from the TV when there are flashing, strobeing (sp) lights... and while a gentle fade transition of the Christmas lights is OK, when they are set up for the full "Disco Dave" I'm reaching for the off switch (normally with my eyes closed and my blood pressure up). I don't have epilepsy, but I don't want to suddenly develop it... nor do I want to trigger a spectacular headache, migraine or otherwise.

I shouldn't be surprised at the Christmas tat QVC continue to sell at such ridiculous prices, the bulk of which can be found much much cheaper elsewhere on market stalls and especially opened Christmas shops for a limited time although the TSV is certainly not the worst I've seen! So much for their "Buying Power" which they insist on promoting which really is only boosting their profits, certainly not giving us the "quality" and "value" as suggested. Yes, it often is a matter of "convenience" for lots of people which is fully understandable considering their personal circumstances.

If anyone is interested in such things do check out Festive Lights, they have a good selection aimed at Birthdays, Halloween and, of course, Christmas amongst many day-to-day items. I have ordered from them many times and their service and delivery are excellent.

Latest posts

Back