Strictly Come Dancing 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently he suffers from depression.

Whilst I have sympathy for anyone suffering I wonder why he thought he could accept the pressure for 3 months when he hasn't managed only 3 weeks.

Sufferers do not always know what will trigger an episode, they can come like a bolt out the blue.

I just wonder why he put himself in a position where he was going to be under such pressure as I believe that he was mad keen to be part of it for years.

Unfortunately his responses aren't coming across too well IMO

Well everyone, what did you think of the final?

Even though he was a bit of a "ringer" Danny's dancing made my heart sing so I would have liked him to win.

Ended up really warming to Louise but personally felt she was a bit of a one trick pony - her Latin was poor but she/powers to be, managed to pass under the radar on those dances. Not the first and not the last, but rather they wouldn't manipulate things and have them do same dances around the same time frame.

I never really warmed to Ore but in the true spirit of Strictly "journey" I suppose he was the one who deserved to win.

Apart from Danny the one who gave me most enjoyment was Robert Rinder.

I watched them all but didn't vote until the final. I voted for Ore last night, purely because he started out a novice and became a very competent dancer. The finalists were all damn good though.

At the beginning of the show I convinced myself I was happy with any of them winning but all the gushing and crying between Joanne and Ore during the show was just too much for me when they announced they'd won I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. I too only voted in the final and voted for Kevin and Louise but Danny and Oti were really fab too, very elegant dancers to watch.

I think whichever won, they would have gushed! I loathe that part too, but it seems to be part & parcel every week when someone gets booted off.

I did sky+ the final and haven't bothered watching it yet. Imo SCD seem to have lost a lot of what it started out to be. I enjoy the dancing but I fast forward all the waffle...

I wanted Danny to win but Saturday wasn't his best night. Mistakes in his first dance and I wasn't keen on the mirror malarkey in the later one.

I think Danny and Oti should have won, as they have been consistently better than the rest of the competition throughout the entire series, even taking into account the couple of hiccups they had in the final. Their routines were breathtaking, whilst the others were both extremely good! In a way I'm pleased that Ore won because he wasn't expected to , and he was a complete novice! I think they need to choose their contestants a bit more wisely in future to make sure that certain contestants don't have an unfair advantage. I'd guess that Danny would have been eliminated much earlier in the series if the voting was down to the general public as it is on shows like X factor, and where there's a tie, the outcome is also decided by the gp.

Unfair advantage would include Louise who did dance training early in her career. Some of her dances where awful yet the judges over marked her through out. In the semi her samba was really bad. Claudia danced much better.

No, according to Digital Spy forum Danny always scored high with public vote. They do per percentages and work out figures. People kept on about Danny being in Wicked the stage show, but he sang and wasn't a dancer. Then of course many saying Ori won because he works for the Beeb.

I don't really understand how the voting works and can't say I have ever heard it explained properly. How do they combine the judges votes with the public votes.

I don't really understand how the voting works and can't say I have ever heard it explained properly. How do they combine the judges votes with the public votes.

If there are 5 couples in the competition, the couple who the judges place at the top of the leaderboard will be awarded 5 points, 4 points for the couple who come 2nd with the judges, 3 for the couple that come 3rd etc, down to 1 point for the couple at the bottom of the judges leaderboard. After the public have voted, the couple that come top with the public get 5 points, 4 points for the couple the public place 2nd, 3 points for the couple in 3rd etc, down to 1 point for the couple that comes bottom with the public. They then add together the scores from the judges and the pubic to give each couple a total, and the two couples with the lowest combined scores finish up in the dance off. When there are ties on the judges leaderboard, this always seems to wreak havoc with the outcome! Hope that makes sense.

I love Strictly, I'm a super fan, but quite a few bits and pieces have happened over the last couple of series to make me think that there's too much meddling going on by the producers. I think it was fairer when the professional chose the music for their celebrity partner, as this enables the producers to give certain couples all the best music. They assess the celebrities form at the rehearsals for the group dance, and then decide who they want to pair them up with, hence why some professionals always seem to get to the latter stages, whilst others always get saddled with the duffers. As LATI said, getting certain dances at certain points in the competition can also be advantageous, although there is less they can do about this, as they now like to mix it up more than they used to. The judging was the thing that was most disappointing this series, though, with certain couples being consistently marked up, and others consistently marked down. Brendan Cole even wrote an article about it after the semi final:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/strict...dancing-column-judges-scoring-beggars-belief/

The judges have, of course, had their favourites over the years, but it was so blatant this year that it just looked like they were being instructed on what to say / score. They are now paying for the fact that they have taught us very well over 14 series all the elements required to make each dance great, so we no longer just take their word for it! Strictly has been such an unprecedented success for the BBC, and has continued to go from strength to strength up until now, but if they carry on like this they could wreck their golden goose. As it's a show on a publicly funded channel and the public are also paying to vote, I think they should release the voting figures at the end of each series, like the X Factor do. Of course it's only an entertainment program, and it can never be an even playing field when you've got those with no previous dance experience going up against trained dancers, but I would be gutted if it were to come to an end prematurely because the producers couldn't just leave the judges to do their thing and the public to do theirs, and let the series play out.

Latest posts

Back