Truly awfulšŸ˜ 

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kittensoftliz

Registered Shopper
Kathy Taylor is getting worse. Never mind AK presenting style it's mild compared to KT. I love Skechers but had to turn off as she was talking over the guest( who normally gets her point across) umming & erring...terrible. I wouldn't follow her fashion advice for Ā£100 squid's!!

They must have been given 'orders' to talk over the guests, they all seem to be doing it now. Well, not all of them and not all the time but it's noticeable and very annoying.

I don't see what benefit they get from doing it, presumably the directors in the 'gallery' think it's the right thing to do ?

They must have been given 'orders' to talk over the guests, they all seem to be doing it now. Well, not all of them and not all the time but it's noticeable and very annoying.

I don't see what benefit they get from doing it, presumably the directors in the 'gallery' think it's the right thing to do ?

It is extremely rude to talk over people it is not good manners. My problem with the Q's presenters is that I can't understand a word when they are all screeching over each other, not very professional.

I wonder if there is some sort of competition in the gallery to see how far they can go before the presenters stop listening to them?

It's the only excuse I can think of for the appalling deterioration in Kathy and a number of other previously courteous presenters behaviour.

All across the channel the new approach is an instant turn-off. I cannot watch QVC without the mute button nowadays, only unmuting when an item appears on screen that looks new to me (and interesting to me, of course). Most of the time they are flogging the same-old same-old, so the mute is followed by either the change channel or the off button. I'm not claiming that the standards were ever up at the level of a BBC or ITV, or SKY, but these days they've become a parody of a parody of a sales channel... with only a rare oasis of sanity.

Then there's the increasing trend of stopping the guest half way through an interesting and useful presentation to either say that stock is vulnerable or some such, or to move proceedings on to the next item. Wonder how they decide how long to give to each item ?

Then there's the increasing trend of stopping the guest half way through an interesting and useful presentation to either say that stock is vulnerable or some such, or to move proceedings on to the next item. Wonder how they decide how long to give to each item ?

I hate that! Would it kill them to wait the 5-10 seconds until the guest has made their point?

Let's try to work out what's going on with each show. Each "hour" begins with a preview of what's coming up (assuming a multi-item show) and an intro for the guest. Each hour ends somewhere around 57-58 minutes. There will be at least 3 trails for other programmes taking up at least 5 minutes. So I would generously say that the selling part of the show is a maximum of 50 minutes from my own observations. If it's the TSV you can expect longer to be devoted to it (8 mins for Elemis, 14 mins for the Shark vacuum for example). If you have 10 items in a normal show, that would give you 5 minutes each... but I think the amount of time varies (eg: Top Finds, OTOs would get longer than normal items). No wonder each show seems so hectic. I think they are cramming too much in, and the demonstrations are now worthless, as they only what they broadcast on air rather than something more detailed and thoughtful.

Latest posts

Back