Basic bookkeeping

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know of any other company that sends out invoices which show all the costs as £0.00? How on earth do they balance their books? It doesn't make it easy for their customers either when they are checking their credit card statements.

Does anyone know of any other company that sends out invoices which show all the costs as £0.00? How on earth do they balance their books? It doesn't make it easy for their customers either when they are checking their credit card statements.

Not had one that said that before, will have to check the next one #taxfiddle

I have had zero invoices too, as well as emails which have £0.00 as the total. The first time it happened, I thought they had decided not to charge me for being such a good customer (yes, it was early on in my relationship with QVC so I didn't know better!).

I've only seen the zero balances for packages sent to places that aren't my billing address, if I have them delivered to my work address for example.

I get them frequently, normal purchases to home address. It seems it is not just the website that is rubbish. Yes, Talisker25, that thought had crossed my mind, also VAT but I am sure that QVC would not do anything like that. What is the legal position if you get an invoice saying the cost is zero, is the company entitled to take the money as the contract is binding at the point of sale?

I get them frequently, normal purchases to home address. It seems it is not just the website that is rubbish. Yes, Talisker25, that thought had crossed my mind, also VAT but I am sure that QVC would not do anything like that. What is the legal position if you get an invoice saying the cost is zero, is the company entitled to take the money as the contract is binding at the point of sale?

Haha! I wish. You have made a contact to buy at the 'agreed price' ie the price quoted on the TV, however, they have also entered into a contract to supply goods at that price. They do have a get clause however. If the price is clearly wrong and the company can show this, for example £0.00 as mentioned in this thread and that is what the customer sees and agreed then the company can cancel the sale legally make sense?

They probably record the sale in the normal way, in their sales ledger, but may have the option of printing zero invoices, as a gift option, for example.

I think there are other etailers who offer the option; I know Amazon offer a gift service, they will include a gift card in the package, and offer a wrapping service, though it's not free.

They probably record the sale in the normal way, in their sales ledger, but may have the option of printing zero invoices, as a gift option, for example.

I think there are other etailers who offer the option; I know Amazon offer a gift service, they will include a gift card in the package, and offer a wrapping service, though it's not free.

edit: My background is in accounting.

Yes, I can understand it with gifts but all my purchases are items sent to myself at my home address and the majority of the invoices are showing zero amounts. I am beginning to think that is unusual and am wondering why I get so many.

I don't understand this. I've certainly had nil balance invoices - where the cost of the goods is shown and the amount paid is subtracted, leaving zero to pay. Never had an invoice where there's no amount on it though.

Latest posts

Back