Elemis TSV 13/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear, why did I choose "Sweet Orchid" in the Christmas TSV from last year???? I am using the handcream now and cannot imagine using the body cream because of the scent. To my nose, it smells like these plasters you put on wounds (Hansaplast, for example), and I don't think I want my body to smell like that. *blush*

It's horrible, isn't it?! Really sickly and heady. I bought the TSV with it in earlier in the year, and - of my many beauty buys over the years - it was the first time I'd ever sent anything back to QVC used (I'd tried the shower gel).

Samples of the Sweet Orchid?

Yes! I know the ladies and we chat about all sorts, one insists on giving me some samples skin care and body, which is kind as to be honest I very rarely buy. So I get sachets of the Frang(another one I dislike) and Sweet Orchid body wash and cream. My hairdresser gets them usually. LOL I haven't had to tip her for years just give her a goodie of samples of skin care etc. :mysmilie_59:

It's horrible, isn't it?! Really sickly and heady. I bought the TSV with it in earlier in the year, and - of my many beauty buys over the years - it was the first time I'd ever sent anything back to QVC used (I'd tried the shower gel).

Unfortunately I bought the set as a TSV and by now, there is no way to return it. What I don't get is that from the presentation and all the reviews, I thought the Sweet Orchid would be a nice fragrance, but no! So I am careful concerning buying the next new fragrance from Elemis...

Just spotted the contents of the November Elemis TSV on a blogger's site...

http://beautygeekuk.com/2016/10/qvc-tsv-elemis-gift-great-skin-collection.html

She says....

The Elemis The Gift of Great Skin Collection is also acting as a launching platform for the brand’s new scent, White Lotus & Lime, so you can either have the body products in this new fragrance, or stick with the gorgeous Frangipani Monoi which is also available. The body products include a humongous bottle of the Bath & Shower Nectar – you get a full 300ml – a full-sized (120ml) tube of the new Body Balm and a handy sized 20ml of Hand & Nail Cream.

The skincare products are a little more ‘one sized fits all’ but thankfully all three products are likely to suit most skin types. There’s a full-sized bottle of the gorgeous Nourishing Omega-Rich Cleansing Oil – one of my all-time favourite cleansing oils as it’s just beautifully effective at removing make-up – a full-sized Soothing Apricot Toner (one of my favourite Elemis products – this really is a great package of products!) and finally a pot of decent sized 30ml sample pot of Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. In the Elemis The Gift of Great Skin Collection you’re getting four full-sized products and two samples, which is a pretty fabulous set, with a combined value of £138.50, but when the QVC TSV launches, the price will be less than £45 – amazing! We’ve got a bit of a wait yet as it doesn’t launch until Sunday 13th November 2016, so mark the date in your diary and stock-up.

Thanks a lot! So the cleansing oil is part of the set...makes me think about buying the TSV....But I am still scared concerning the fragrances.

Unfortunately I bought the set as a TSV and by now, there is no way to return it. What I don't get is that from the presentation and all the reviews, I thought the Sweet Orchid would be a nice fragrance, but no! So I am careful concerning buying the next new fragrance from Elemis...

Thanks Bigbean - looking at this set, I'm not tempted at all which is a relief as I need to start saving my shekels!

Ani, I totally agree, I assumed it would be a smell I liked as I hadn't yet found anything Elemis I didn't like the smell of, so I gave it a quick whiff and added it to my stash. By the time I decided to try it out, it was way past the MBG deadline, although the rest of the set was such good value I didn't mind and someone is going to get a good pressie this Xmas!

Just spotted the contents of the November Elemis TSV on a blogger's site...

http://beautygeekuk.com/2016/10/qvc-tsv-elemis-gift-great-skin-collection.html

She says....

The Elemis The Gift of Great Skin Collection is also acting as a launching platform for the brand’s new scent, White Lotus & Lime, so you can either have the body products in this new fragrance, or stick with the gorgeous Frangipani Monoi which is also available. The body products include a humongous bottle of the Bath & Shower Nectar – you get a full 300ml – a full-sized (120ml) tube of the new Body Balm and a handy sized 20ml of Hand & Nail Cream.

The skincare products are a little more ‘one sized fits all’ but thankfully all three products are likely to suit most skin types. There’s a full-sized bottle of the gorgeous Nourishing Omega-Rich Cleansing Oil – one of my all-time favourite cleansing oils as it’s just beautifully effective at removing make-up – a full-sized Soothing Apricot Toner (one of my favourite Elemis products – this really is a great package of products!) and finally a pot of decent sized 30ml sample pot of Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. In the Elemis The Gift of Great Skin Collection you’re getting four full-sized products and two samples, which is a pretty fabulous set, with a combined value of £138.50, but when the QVC TSV launches, the price will be less than £45 – amazing! We’ve got a bit of a wait yet as it doesn’t launch until Sunday 13th November 2016, so mark the date in your diary and stock-up.

Thank you for ferreting this out! I'm decided - I'm definitely OUT. My skin is definitely beyond the powers of PCMC... and I really dislike the Apricot Toner - very poor product for my skin. I don't rate their most recent scented products, so won't risk the new fragrence. I have plenty of Cleansers...

I love the sweet orchid & the frangipani so excited for this TSV to try the lime & lotus. Not tried the cleansing oil before either. I love strong fragrances, not one for light subtle ones which you can hardly smell.

I wonder if they will send samples of the lime and lotus before the tsv. I was sent the sweet orchid last year which made the decision for me not to buy! It would be good if they did the same this year since I can't imagine what it will smell like.....I like the frangipani but would like to try the new one but don't want to buy the tsv if it's awful! Deliberations....

I love the sweet orchid & the frangipani so excited for this TSV to try the lime & lotus. Not tried the cleansing oil before either. I love strong fragrances, not one for light subtle ones which you can hardly smell.

In my case, the point is not the strength of the fragrance, but the kind of fragrance. Or maybe something's wrong with my nose.

I wonder if they will send samples of the lime and lotus before the tsv. I was sent the sweet orchid last year which made the decision for me not to buy! It would be good if they did the same this year since I can't imagine what it will smell like.....I like the frangipani but would like to try the new one but don't want to buy the tsv if it's awful! Deliberations....

I wish I had a sample of the sweet orchid beforehand, but apparently they don't send samples outside the UK.

There was a time when MRM would take advantage of the EP buy more save more and buy me 4 of these sets so I had a year's supply of PCMC until, that is I got sick of drowning in Frangipani. Last year I asked him not to as I didn't want all the Frangipani products. I too hard smelt the Sweet Orchid sample and didn't like it.

I also don't want to try a new cleanser and am happy with my toners.

Last year MRM got me an Elemis kit containing a 100ml pot of PCMC which I'm now coming to the end of plus other items all of which I would readily use.

I wish I had a sample of the sweet orchid beforehand, but apparently they don't send samples outside the UK.

If any of us here get a sample of the new one, we can do our best to describe our thoughts about it here.

I'm not the greatest at explaining, but if enough of us can share our thoughts and impressions, that may help (especially if we can manage some comparisons).

What I may do, personally, if they offer any other sets featuring the fragrance (like they did with the launch of the British Botanicals fragrance) would be to buy an item I would use to try the scent. It won't be the value of the TSV... but a TSV with stuff in it you won't use isn't really great value anyway is how I look at it.

I really like the cleansing oil, but a bit shocked it's included in the TSV. I thought it would be the cleansing cream.

I don't use the apricot toner, but I do use the ginseng and lavender toners. It's a shame it's not one of those.

I think I will be getting this set though as I would like to try the new fragrance.

I always tend to buy the Elements Xmas TSV using money my mother in law gives me for Christmas. I am a bit unsure about this. Has anyone tried the cleansing oil. Personally I love the cleansing Balm and wish that was in it. I don't really need any more shower cream as I prefer baths and despite what Keeley says it is crap in the bath and does not lather up. I have stacks of the frangipani and still have last year's sweet orchid to use up. I only tend to have showers when I am on holiday. I might be on my own here but I really liked the sweet orchid fragrance much preferring it to the frangipani.

I always tend to buy the Elements Xmas TSV using money my mother in law gives me for Christmas. I am a bit unsure about this. Has anyone tried the cleansing oil. Personally I love the cleansing Balm and wish that was in it. I don't really need any more shower cream as I prefer baths and despite what Keeley says it is crap in the bath and does not lather up. I have stacks of the frangipani and still have last year's sweet orchid to use up. I only tend to have showers when I am on holiday. I might be on my own here but I really liked the sweet orchid fragrance much preferring it to the frangipani.

I love the cleansing oil. It smells amazing & feels lovely on my skin. That's what I'm using currently. I do like the cleansing balm though too.

I'm also a sweet orchid fan. I detest the frangipani.

Latest posts

Back