Birkenstock Gizeh Sizing.....???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
I bought a pair of the Gizeh EVA (plastic) whatsits in 'white', they fit perfectly & are ideal for when my feet swell up (which is pretty much constantly in the summer! lol), I love them!

Bought a second pair in the colour 'anthracite' & they are a completely different size, much smaller, at the very least a half size smaller, maybe even a whole one!
This annoyed me....a lot!!!

Anybody else found an inconsistency between colours & with this style in particular?

I'd love another pair (or two!) but would love to get them in a different colour but don't want to find the same thing happening!

:mysmilie_512:

My ankles swelled every summer until I treated myself to a pair of Emu Talinga Slippers, they are fantastic, I wear them summer and winter and have never suffered with my feet since. They are expensive but imo worth every penny...

I don't have problem with my feet swelling but in the summer I wear the cheap Croc imitations. They are roomy and can be washed. Winter I wear fleecy boots as my feet get very cold

I don't have problem with my feet swelling but in the summer I wear the cheap Croc imitations. They are roomy and can be washed. Winter I wear fleecy boots as my feet get very cold

I got some of those, (I think they're called Gatorz?) for wearing in the garden, when I'm doing my planting instructing/supervising! lol
They're a perfect fit......though OH made me get them in Barbie pink! :tongue:

OH just measured the Gizehs, the anthracite pair were well over a centimetre & a half smaller than the white pair! Ridiculous!
Lost all confidence in these now, which is disappointing as I was pathetically excited to have found something I could actually get my feet into & which were actually comfortable! (Plus you can chuck 'em in the washing machine when they get overly grubby!)

:confused:

Sorry only seeing this post now.

I have them in white, grey and red. The White are a fab fit, the others less so. At the time I wondered how what must be a plastic mould could be so different.

My feet swell terribly on holiday and no matter what else I wear I always have the white one's in my bag. I have broken my wee toe and these are the only thing which I was able to wear but it's getting too cold and wet now.

Even though I take fluid tablets my ankles swell to the point that on my holiday in June, 2 days in, none of the umpteen shoes would fit (they make up most of my case weight so I leave all the other bits at home) so when it came to going away this month I thought I would give something else a go.

At every opportunity in the hotel room I lay for 15/20 minutes lying on the bed with my feet on the headboard (wrapped in towel not to mark anything, with pillows under my knees to get my legs up as high as possible. Even though it was over 40degrees, we walked as much as the heat would allow, my ankles didn't swell until the second last day and even that wasn't too bad.

Latest posts

Back