Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up



    The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

    Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

    Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

    Protect your children and your finances .....

    Read More






    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 16
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Posts
      767
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Fragrances from TJC

      I confess that I am watching TJC on average, a little more than any other shopping channel at the moment

      However, as opposed to other shopping telly choices, TJC do drop some BS clangers big time... Bid TV got pulled up for this, but TJC do not.
      Case in point - fragrances. Or as I call 'frags'

      I have been a hardcore collector of rare frags for many years, not so much designer scents, but mainly vintage and niche frags, especially those no longer in production, or ones that have 'sold out' to another manufacturer, therefore reformulating & changing the note considerably.
      Enter a contender recently featured on TJC...
      "Raffinee" by Prism
      Now the recent guest presenter pushing this frag (she spookily looked like Petunia from the 1970s public information seaside coast guard on tv) was talking clap trap on this and many bottles that featured on TJC (Moon drops, Geminesse..)
      Raffinee is a part of my collection and is absolutely lovely however,the cheap 9.99 tat on TJC is quite literally nasty, cheap rubbish, under the same name.
      The original was produced in 1982, and produced by the fragrance house Houbigant ..then it was sold off to Dana, which shifted the original scent somewhat, then, as the can got kicked down the street, was then sold off and reformulated by Prism -- then scooped up by TJC.

      What annoys me is that the presenters are not warned by ofcom or whomever, for falsely claiming it is as the original, which it is not. Raffinee by Prism is light years away from the delicious Houbigant release, and as Im sure if googled, it confirms why the Houbigant reaches figures over 100+ for an original bottle as opposed to a pathetic 9.99 TJC special.

      The difference, apart from the recipe is the concentration of oils in the mix. If a 9.99 frag is EDP, it doesnt mean it is even as strong as an authentic EDT. Watered down, and lasting about 1 hour.



      But the guest presenter waffled piffle about this, as I watched the sold figures got up into the 100s, thinking 'oh god, poor viewers have just bought cat Pi$$'

      Now let me see.. ah yes, QVC is guilty as charged.. One word - TOVA. Again, the original of this is a baby maker, (even though allegedly Tova ripped it off from 1970s fragrance China Musk) but once again, sold off .. Tova sold her soul to the devil QVC, killing the frag... but dishing it out as the 1982 original

      Point of my post is... dont palm of cheap nasty reformulated scents as their originals TJC!!!!


      › See More: Fragrances from TJC
       

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      My house.
      Posts
      691
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Don't know much about perfume but know what I like and what I don't .Common sense would tell me we can't easily get an original recipe vintage fine fragrance of any kind ,least of all for 9.99 . Obviously not kosher.
      Last edited by Petespants; 19-09-2016 at 12:41 PM.
      Thanks JR's Ego thanked for this post
       

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      East London
      Posts
      2,134
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I wouldn't buy anything from TJC at the moment and especially not perfume. They have gone downmarket .
      Thanks JR's Ego thanked for this post
      Likes VapidStoat, shopperholic , Petespants liked this post
       

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      2,805
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I agree they are sailing very close to the wind with the spiel about some of these perfumes. And why would anyone buy a perfume that you cannot test first, to see if you like the smell? I suppose they hope that if people hate the smell when they get it, they won't bother with the hassle of sending it back. Seems as though they are desperate to find things to sell on this channel now they are no longer 100% about jewellery.

      Quote Originally Posted by JR's Ego View Post
      I confess that I am watching TJC on average, a little more than any other shopping channel at the moment

      However, as opposed to other shopping telly choices, TJC do drop some BS clangers big time... Bid TV got pulled up for this, but TJC do not.
      Case in point - fragrances. Or as I call 'frags'

      I have been a hardcore collector of rare frags for many years, not so much designer scents, but mainly vintage and niche frags, especially those no longer in production, or ones that have 'sold out' to another manufacturer, therefore reformulating & changing the note considerably.
      Enter a contender recently featured on TJC...
      "Raffinee" by Prism
      Now the recent guest presenter pushing this frag (she spookily looked like Petunia from the 1970s public information seaside coast guard on tv) was talking clap trap on this and many bottles that featured on TJC (Moon drops, Geminesse..)
      Raffinee is a part of my collection and is absolutely lovely however,the cheap 9.99 tat on TJC is quite literally nasty, cheap rubbish, under the same name.
      The original was produced in 1982, and produced by the fragrance house Houbigant ..then it was sold off to Dana, which shifted the original scent somewhat, then, as the can got kicked down the street, was then sold off and reformulated by Prism -- then scooped up by TJC.

      What annoys me is that the presenters are not warned by ofcom or whomever, for falsely claiming it is as the original, which it is not. Raffinee by Prism is light years away from the delicious Houbigant release, and as Im sure if googled, it confirms why the Houbigant reaches figures over 100+ for an original bottle as opposed to a pathetic 9.99 TJC special.

      The difference, apart from the recipe is the concentration of oils in the mix. If a 9.99 frag is EDP, it doesnt mean it is even as strong as an authentic EDT. Watered down, and lasting about 1 hour.

      But the guest presenter waffled piffle about this, as I watched the sold figures got up into the 100s, thinking 'oh god, poor viewers have just bought cat Pi$$'

      Now let me see.. ah yes, QVC is guilty as charged.. One word - TOVA. Again, the original of this is a baby maker, (even though allegedly Tova ripped it off from 1970s fragrance China Musk) but once again, sold off .. Tova sold her soul to the devil QVC, killing the frag... but dishing it out as the 1982 original

      Point of my post is... dont palm of cheap nasty reformulated scents as their originals TJC!!!!
      Likes VapidStoat, shopperholic liked this post
       

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      2,720
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      as selling this stuff turned out so well for bid tv
      Likes VapidStoat, historymystery liked this post
       
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      2,805
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Perhaps they bought up a job lot of Bid's leftovers when they went belly-up?

      Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      as selling this stuff turned out so well for bid tv
      Likes VapidStoat, shopperholic liked this post
       

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      East London
      Posts
      2,134
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I noticed they are getting onto the skin regeneration bandwagon , starting to sell a device with light stimulation just like those on Q and IW.Dont know the price I only caught a short promo.

      There must be a huge mark up on those things . I bet most people don't use them long term ,a bit like my derma wand ,it gives stimulation and a bit of glow but most of the time I can't be bothered with it.
      Likes VapidStoat, historymystery liked this post
       

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      2,805
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Yes, they are. And they are certainly pushing Argan oil quite a lot at the moment - the last couple of times I switched over, they were promoting it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I noticed they are getting onto the skin regeneration bandwagon , starting to sell a device with light stimulation just like those on Q and IW.Dont know the price I only caught a short promo.

      There must be a huge mark up on those things . I bet most people don't use them long term ,a bit like my derma wand ,it gives stimulation and a bit of glow but most of the time I can't be bothered with it.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      2,720
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Perhaps they bought up a job lot of Bid's leftovers when they went belly-up?
      I assume it is a way for them to make quick easy cash... hense why all the non reputable ones do it.
      Likes historymystery, VapidStoat liked this post
       
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Posts
      115
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I noticed they are getting onto the skin regeneration bandwagon , starting to sell a device with light stimulation just like those on Q and IW.Dont know the price I only caught a short promo.

      There must be a huge mark up on those things . I bet most people don't use them long term ,a bit like my derma wand ,it gives stimulation and a bit of glow but most of the time I can't be bothered with it.
      I need to put that on my Xmas shopping list
      Likes historymystery, Turandot liked this post
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •