Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrances from TJC

I confess that I am watching TJC on average, a little more than any other shopping channel at the moment

However, as opposed to other shopping telly choices, TJC do drop some BS clangers big time... Bid TV got pulled up for this, but TJC do not.
      Case in point - fragrances. Or as I call 'frags'

I have been a hardcore collector of rare frags for many years, not so much designer scents, but mainly vintage and niche frags, especially those no longer in production, or ones that have 'sold out' to another manufacturer, therefore reformulating & changing the note considerably.
      Enter a contender recently featured on TJC...
      "Raffinee" by Prism
      Now the recent guest presenter pushing this frag (she spookily looked like Petunia from the 1970s public information seaside coast guard on tv) was talking clap trap on this and many bottles that featured on TJC (Moon drops, Geminesse..)
      Raffinee is a part of my collection and is absolutely lovely however,the cheap 9.99 tat on TJC is quite literally nasty, cheap rubbish, under the same name.
      The original was produced in 1982, and produced by the fragrance house Houbigant ..then it was sold off to Dana, which shifted the original scent somewhat, then, as the can got kicked down the street, was then sold off and reformulated by Prism -- then scooped up by TJC.

What annoys me is that the presenters are not warned by ofcom or whomever, for falsely claiming it is as the original, which it is not. Raffinee by Prism is light years away from the delicious Houbigant release, and as Im sure if googled, it confirms why the Houbigant reaches figures over £100+ for an original bottle as opposed to a pathetic £9.99 TJC special.

The difference, apart from the recipe is the concentration of oils in the mix. If a £9.99 frag is EDP, it doesnt mean it is even as strong as an authentic EDT. Watered down, and lasting about 1 hour.

But the guest presenter waffled piffle about this, as I watched the sold figures got up into the 100s, thinking 'oh god, poor viewers have just bought cat Pi$$'

Now let me see.. ah yes, QVC is guilty as charged.. One word - TOVA. Again, the original of this is a baby maker, (even though allegedly Tova ripped it off from 1970s fragrance China Musk) but once again, sold off .. Tova sold her soul to the devil QVC, killing the frag... but dishing it out as the 1982 original

Point of my post is... dont palm of cheap nasty reformulated scents as their originals TJC!!!!

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VapidStoat View Post
      I need to put that on my Xmas shopping list
      Lol ............

› See More: Fragrances from TJC
      Likes VapidStoat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Control yourself, VapidStoat!! :
      I need to put that on my Xmas shopping list
      Likes VapidStoat, shopperholic liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Control yourself, VapidStoat!! :
      Hopefully the lighted vibrating thing will do that for me
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

As previously mentioned, TJC seems to be going down the market stall route with stuff like beauty and skincare. The other day Marina "Paid My Dues By Being A Goon On Bid.tv" Berry was flogging L'Oreal makeup. No mention that this was to be a regular thing like Whatsherface who does the skin oils. TJC must have bought a load cheap to flog on air.

But then TJC has always done this with jewellery. Which seemed OK with it being an alleged jewellery channel. Now it's slowly morphing into a QVC/IW clone.

BTW: Windows wants to autocorrect "Bid.tv" to "Bidet". Which is funny, as you use a bidet to clean crap from you, while all Bid.tv wanted to do was inundate you with it.
      Last edited by VapidStoat; 28-09-2016 at 11:17 PM.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Full marks to the autocorrect, I say!
      As previously mentioned, TJC seems to be going down the market stall route with stuff like beauty and skincare. The other day Marina "Paid My Dues By Being A Goon On Bid.tv" Berry was flogging L'Oreal makeup. No mention that this was to be a regular thing like Whatsherface who does the skin oils. TJC must have bought a load cheap to flog on air.

But then TJC has always done this with jewellery. Which seemed OK with it being an alleged jewellery channel. Now it's slowly morphing into a QVC/IW clone.

BTW: Windows wants to autocorrect "Bid.tv" to "Bidet". Which is funny, as you use a bidet to clean crap from you, while all Bid.tv wanted to do was inundate you with it.
      Likes VapidStoat liked this post

11.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

Raffinee was my fav perfume in my teens a heavy and fabulous scent" it was Houbigant and my "bottle" was red ...no glas visable at all.

I just knew the stuff they are selling just will not be the same, same as Cachet, another fav from the 80's.

Couldn't turn the programme off though, it took me down memory lane.

13.    Advertisment

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising