Sara G leaving

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Few changes, wonder if the Q are having a shake up!
Not one of my favs but wish her well! :mysmilie_5:

Sara G, Jill F and Fibby Flint are my least favorites so I wouldn`t be sad to see any of them go. That doesn`t mean I don`t wish them good luck in any new ventures but none of ring my bell as QVC presenters.

thank god no more rasping and gasping oh i forgot alison keenan is still here but i prefer her......just!

Alison Keenan does not take a breath, never mind gasp, :whew: It is me gasping for breath just listening to her! She starts on a sentence on normal speed, then she goes on and on without taking a breath.The speed increases and she becomes less audible as if she is swallowing the words :mysmilie_17: making the listener breathless, trying to catch up :happy:
She always sounds like she is rushing. In between she laughs for no reason about something she has said and races again.

There are few more rasping, gasping presenters still though, Jill Franks..for all her workouts, and healthy life style, she gasps like someone whose oxygen mask has been taken off before time.

No, she was well liked and when she returned loads looked forward to her return. Didn't last long as she was hyper sales mode.

I am going to say she could not agree new contract terms with QVC.

She's leaving........ Again ? How long before she is back .... Again. So don't hold your breath everyone.

Projects in the pipeline ? um, I'm A Celebrity get me ..... ? Celebrity Big Brother ? certainly not Strictly - but at least she WOULD be someone I recognise !!!

Oh you have made my day!

I disliked her first time around (believe it or not she was sooooo boring!) but second she was unbareable and I couldn't even watch my favourite jewellery shows

Ralph and the lovely Dominic (Aurora) are breathing a sign of relief tonight. Gents, the bubbly is on me!:mysmilie_480::mysmilie_378:

I don't think she got on with any of the guests.

I hope she does not read all these posts and get an inferiority complex:sad: , but I have a feeling that she is not the sensitive type to be affected by them.

I speak as I find in terms of her professional conduct on tv... and any tv presenter in selly telly or elsewhere must be used to receiving both positive and negative feedback to how they come across. While truely great presenters (eg: Terry Wogan) often appear to be fully-formed with their gifts from the start... most have to work a little harder, and if Sara is willing to take on board the criticisms (which she could take away and work on) she would be a much better presenter to listen to and work with. I won't presume to know if she's a nice person in real life, but she certainly didn't bring a warmer side to her personality in her work at QVC. Contrast her to Jilly Halliday - most guests seem to enjoy working with her as she is relaxed and humorous and interested in what they are saying.

I suspect her return to QVC to cover Pipa's sabbatical just went on too long... the needs of the selly telly world had changed too much since her first stint.

Now I daren't tempt fate by wondering if they could get X or Y to return, as they might be horrible second time around!

I would love to think it was a result of all the complaints on FB regarding her but I know that Q don't give a fig what customers think so it is more likely the terms of a new contract wasn't mutually acceptable.

The one thing you can be sure of is that she isn't going on to anything great, even as high profile as "I'm a zeleb "

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the lot of them and started with a new fresh batch. Especially Craig and Chuntley with their over gushing and general suck up attitude and Claire Sutton with her daft condescending little girl voice.

I must be in the minority because I don't mind Debbie Flint, doesn't matter how hard sell the presenters are if I don't want something nothing they say will make me part with my money.

I think she was much the same.

:mysmilie_508: Spartacus ( the old Spartacus film with Kirk Douglas used to be one my all time fav films :happy: )

I would love to think it was a result of all the complaints on FB regarding her but I know that Q don't give a fig what customers think so it is more likely the terms of a new contract wasn't mutually acceptable.

The one thing you can be sure of is that she isn't going on to anything great, even as high profile as "I'm a zeleb "

I think it was that " I am a zeleb" attitude of hers that rubbed people's (backs) the wrong way.

She made paint drying look exciting

:mysmilie_859:

Katy Pullinger has got the potential to be another SG - maybe not as snotty, but equally dead behind the eyes and steamroller-ish.

Thankfully we don't see much of her or rather I have not seen much of her in action.

However judging by Katy P, any replacement won't be an improvement.

Katy Pullinger has got the potential to be another SG - maybe not as snotty, but equally dead behind the eyes and steamroller-ish.

Hah! I thought so too - so put a new thread asking if KP was just SG with better hair. KP is definitely recommended viewing on mute only.

Latest posts

Back