Mr Basso is not very pleasant - anyone got his clothes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear the ignorance the from the usual suspect. Comes out with the crap as always has never ever looked into the subject, he is not interested and does not care. His human compassion never came out with pensioners who lost the Christmas dinner last year because of QVC/Green Seasons' lies. Oh but he did come one to make a joke about them.(Remember you to will be old one day, trust with your self interest, no one will give a crap about you too). They don't count to him, its always me me me me. For someone who is suppose to be a trainee journalist has no interest in human interest stories. As for bringing up the Holocaust in this case, you should be ashamed. But of course you don't!

Ignorance pure ignorance.

Foxes, wolves, dogs even are kept in cramped cages and are treated badly and live in terror. Oh don't forget the trend for leopards etc as well made into fur coats over the years. Hell don't we see them hanging in the butcher to eat all the time.

Basso handles the models just likes pieces of meat, poking at them.

Personally the day the fat ugly old fart drops dead will be a happy one.

Oh dear the ignorance the from the usual suspect. Comes out with the crap as always has never ever looked into the subject, he is not interested and does not care. His human compassion never came out with pensioners who lost the Christmas dinner last year because of QVC/Green Seasons' lies. Oh but he did come one to make a joke about them.(Remember you to will be old one day, trust with your self interest, no one will give a crap about you too). They don't count to him, its always me me me me. For someone who is suppose to be a trainee journalist has no interest in human interest stories. As for bringing up the Holocaust in this case, you should be ashamed. But of course you don't!

Foxes, wolves, dogs even are kept in cramped cages and are treated badly and live in terror. Oh don't forget the trend for leopards etc as well made into fur coats over the years. Hell don't we see them hanging in the butcher to eat all the time.

I can see you are holding back! just say what you really think.:mysmilie_17:

I'm not an animal activist and I do eat meat occasionally however I prefer to know it has been well looked after and humanely killed.In my opinion we all eat too much these days anyway and that's why the need for battery hens ,cattle full of antibiotics etc. you only have to look at the piles of food people eat in certain fast food shops. The food industry is busily indoctrinating us we need to eat more while mass producing food and making huge profits .

I would never wear fur and am starting to think about other things I wear for fashion .For example ,my EMU boots .If these fashion boots are being mass produced basically for fashion, what is happening to the animals who are providing them.Its all very well to say they are ethically produced but what does that mean.i can live without the boots .

I have binned my EMUs and won't replace them. It's just a small thing. I could say the same about expensive handbags ,shoes ,leather coats .i still wear some of these but think a bit more about where they are from. The same with the food I eat.

Wonder then if the 'anti-activist' just likes to try and shock us with his 'views' to see how we respond,and sit back and enjoy the results.Could be useful when a fully fledged journalist trying to pull out a story. I did think however they needed to present an unbiased view in their reports.

Last edited:
his coats are not that great. the quality is rubbish. for example not enough buttons which is just stingy money saving excersize. prefer centigrade to dennis basso.

I'm not saying people are wrong to care - far from it. I just think it's important to look at things on a deeper level and question reasons for the beliefs. It seems at odd to criticise violence towards humans and then condemn it towards animals and / or vice-versa.

The animals used to make fur coats are not,to my knowledge,eaten.They are killed purely for vanity. My OH is a dairy farmer and on the farm he works with his brother are beef cattle too. I don't eat meat from choice but have no problem with it as long as animals are treated humanely up until they die. I have seen lots of them born and die.As far as I am concerned the products of the meat industry provide leather for shoes ,bags etc as a bi product not as a main product.So people should have no guilt in wearing it.You think all the little animals are humanely killed? They are often reared in overcrowded cages in backyard operations.Gassed,strangled,beaten to death,or worse .Not because we need the meat ( who the hell eats mink,stoats,or raccoons)but because someone decided their fur looks better on some rich humans that have nothing better to do with their money .How would Basso know they were gassed painlessly?Was he there do you think?Do you jump on the bandwagon and believe him?How dare you say the people are wrong to care.Thank God attitudes to moronic behaviour are changing. Also why did you mention the Holocaust as noone here did?I recommend you read about fur farming I did and it's unpleasant.

Wonder then if the 'anti-activist' just likes to try and shock us with his 'views' to see how we respond,and sit back and enjoy the results.Could be useful when a fully fledged journalist trying to pull out a story. I did think however they needed to present an unbiased view in their reports.

I'm not trying to shock anyone, merely present the other side of the coin. So many people feed their beloved pooches mechanically-recovered meat and al sorts of dodgy stuff. They sometimes advocate violence towards human beings. Emotions run high when it comes to animal welfare.

And you're really compassionate, aren't you - fantasising over the death of a human being! I won't say any more, as I don't argue with fools. I will block you though so I don't have to read your nonsense.

I watched a TV series about the fur trade and it showed breeders and trappers in Russia, China, Vietnam and the Arctic. The conditions captive animals were bred in was horrendous. Minks squashed many to a cage, foxes pacing back and forth with no room to lift their head, rows and rows of cabins holding many thousand animals in terrible conditions. Trappers catching very rare species and being paid pittances for the pelts and then a fast forward to the biggest fur auction in the World and showing just how many thousands and thousands of animals had been slaughtered for their fur. Rows and rows of pelts, racks and racks full and people from all over the World bidding to buy them. The sheer volume of fur was eye opening and there is still obviously a great demand for real fur.
Basso may say his pelts have come from animals which have been humanely gassed but seeing as most fur is bought from Countries who don`t practise animal welfare then I doubt the validity of his statement.
The programmes I watched also showed how snakeskin and crocodile skin is gathered for exclusive shoes and handbags. Snakes are captured in the dead of night, hung off hooks and deliberately bloated with gallons of water to stretch the skin so it can be removed with a razor blade without being damaged.
It seems to me that the more exclusive a skin or fur is deemed to be, then the worse the animal is treated. Arctic foxes squashed into cages, mink standing belly deep in its own faeces, animals trapped by their legs and dying slowly over days and so on and so on and yet the vast majority of our humble cows from which leather is a by product are in most case kept and treated much better.

I watched a TV series about the fur trade and it showed breeders and trappers in Russia, China, Vietnam and the Arctic. The conditions captive animals were bred in was horrendous. Minks squashed many to a cage, foxes pacing back and forth with no room to lift their head, rows and rows of cabins holding many thousand animals in terrible conditions. Trappers catching very rare species and being paid pittances for the pelts and then a fast forward to the biggest fur auction in the World and showing just how many thousands and thousands of animals had been slaughtered for their fur. Rows and rows of pelts, racks and racks full and people from all over the World bidding to buy them. The sheer volume of fur was eye opening and there is still obviously a great demand for real fur.
Basso may say his pelts have come from animals which have been humanely gassed but seeing as most fur is bought from Countries who don`t practise animal welfare then I doubt the validity of his statement.
The programmes I watched also showed how snakeskin and crocodile skin is gathered for exclusive shoes and handbags. Snakes are captured in the dead of night, hung off hooks and deliberately bloated with gallons of water to stretch the skin so it can be removed with a razor blade without being damaged.
It seems to me that the more exclusive a skin or fur is deemed to be, then the worse the animal is treated. Arctic foxes squashed into cages, mink standing belly deep in its own faeces, animals trapped by their legs and dying slowly over days and so on and so on and yet the vast majority of our humble cows from which leather is a by product are in most case kept and treated much better.

I'm going to lie that brought a tear to my eye, and I'll tell you what, I'm absolutely ashamed to call myself a human being, we're they're only species that kill for no reason, we're the animals.

Just such a horrible subject and that B ( don't want to say his name but as it begins with a B ...then that is enough for me ...just couldn't give a stuff....we had our poor budgie put down as he was suffering and when my other half told me they just give them a bit of gas I was broken hearted ...of course it ( oh dear tears thinking about him ) is humane in that way ..he was ill with a tumour and suffering ...but well ...need I say more ...I am not an animal activist ..just somebody like many lovley people on here who totally adore animals and everything they give to this wicked world which all is caused by mans inhumanity ( many wonderful people too but you get the picture ) ...the fact is ...killing animals for vanity is wrong and disgusting on every level ...money the root of evil ...as every ...go away Basso and take your greedy nasty business with you ...how do the presenters fawn around him ??? .. "Oh yes Dennis ...no Dennis 3 bags full ......" ( blech )

Just such a horrible subject and that B ( don't want to say his name but as it begins with a B ...then that is enough for me ...just couldn't give a stuff....we had our poor budgie put down as he was suffering and when my other half told me they just give them a bit of gas I was broken hearted ...of course it ( oh dear tears thinking about him ) is humane in that way ..he was ill with a tumour and suffering ...but well ...need I say more ...I am not an animal activist ..just somebody like many lovley people on here who totally adore animals and everything they give to this wicked world which all is caused by mans inhumanity ( many wonderful people too but you get the picture ) ...the fact is ...killing animals for vanity is wrong and disgusting on every level ...money the root of evil ...as every ...go away Basso and take your greedy nasty business with you ...how do the presenters fawn around him ??? .. "Oh yes Dennis ...no Dennis 3 bags full ......" ( blech )

PS. Should have said B and not honoured him with typing his name

PS. Should have said B and not honoured him with typing his name

Sorry I need to also add I saw one of those horrendous programmes about how dogs are treated in the phillipines ...I cannot for the life of me rmemeber which programme it was but I do remember it was an afternoon one !! And the sounds and sights of these poor dogs ...I just cannot go on typing about it ...the images and sounds have never gone away ...and this was before social media was invented ....it would have been all over it now ...yes it does make me ashamed to be human totally ......I think it might have been Chanel 4 or BBC 2 ...I cannot express how it affected me ...and I think it is an insult to our intelligence to suggest we are unfeeling anti human animal activists ...I won't go there ..something that was mentioned on here earlier ... Sorry to have rattled on but this subject is so emotive ...could not not contribute ..

I'm not saying people are wrong to care - far from it. I just think it's important to look at things on a deeper level and question reasons for the beliefs. It seems at odd to criticise violence towards humans and then condemn it towards animals and / or vice-versa.

I don't think there need be any deep and meaningful psychologically based reasons. Could it just be normal people feeling outrage against humans who inflict needless and barbaric suffering for monetary gain. These same people I am sure,having the same concern for all living creatures ,including humans, exploited and abused in any way.

I don't think there need be any deep and meaningful psychologically based reasons. Could it just be normal people feeling outrage against humans who inflict needless and barbaric suffering for monetary gain. These same people I am sure,having the same concern for all living creatures ,including humans, exploited and abused in any way.

Again PP, couldn't agree more, excellently put.

I'm going to lie that brought a tear to my eye, and I'll tell you what, I'm absolutely ashamed to call myself a human being, we're they're only species that kill for no reason, we're the animals.

I'm sure there is a lot of nastiness to the fur / animal trade. I just don't think we are all as necessarily as above it as we would like to think we are. There will be countless people up and down the country feeding their pets food that has been derived through the most unpleasant circumstances and they don't give it any thought. We are not "the only species that kill for the sake of it." Firstly we kill animals to eat them and wear their coats. They are two valid reasons for killing them! Our creator created us with the correct dentation to eat meat! Secondly, foxes enter chicken coups and kill numerous chickens they don't need to eat - therefore they are a species that kills for no reason. Make a coat out of them! Why not? If you want to buy it, buy it, if you don't, don't! I don't think Basso takes pleasure in the killing of the animals. He takes pleasure in the money he derives from it. Nothing will go to waste. I dare say he flogs the corpses to an pet food manufacturer. What are people going to feed their dogs? Soya beans? Lind McCartney veggie sausages? The fact is that dogs have the right dentation to eat meat and so do we humans! We just like to think we are more civilised than other species and feel uncomfortable with the idea of killing animals. I know I certainly do, and I would not for one minute want them to have any pain or unnecessary suffering inflicted on them, but I don't think it's wrong to kill them or wear their skins. If you asked me to skill / skin a cow I probably wouldn't do it. We are all to some extent complicit in the trade, whether we like to think about it or not. So think on when you put your belt on, lick that envelope, feed your dog Pedigree food or Sheba to your cat. Think what you are doing before you criticise!

I have no qualms about eating meat but I buy meat from this Country where on the whole we have animal welfare in place, where the animal has been bred for food and where an animal is dispatched humanely. Yes of course there will always be exceptions to this but if caught, such people and places are penalised or shut down.
You don`t have to be vegetarian or vegan to have a conscience. Nobody eats mink , nobody eats foxes or polar bear or the rare breeds which are trapped for their fur. They are trapped or bred purely for their skins, not for food. Cows on the other hand are kept for either dairy or meat and their skins are a by product.
If an eskimo catches a seal then every inch of that seal is used as either food, fuel, clothing or thread and it is killed as soon as its caught. If a Russian trapper catches a rare fox, then it may have been trapped in agony for days, it is skinned and the carcass is just thrown to the wind. The mass breeding of mink is rife in Russia and China, many thousands cooped in tiny cages in awful conditions. Nobody eats them, nobody cares about their welfare and it is all just for their skins so wealthy men and women can wear them.
Yes we feed our pets meat products but if a cow is to be bred for meat then I`d much rather 100% of the cow be used than it to have been bred for just one part of it. The same goes for chicken, lamb or any other animal bred for food.

Yes indeed. Foxes do kill chickens ,so do other animals given the chance. But humans are supposed to be endowed with the ability to know right from wrong. To have conscience.Humans kill indiscriminately on a grand scale as we see daily in the media.Closer to home we see the results of human cruelty to each other and animals. I wouldn't worry about the pet food. I agree that using all the carcass is better than throwing away that which is unwanted by humans.Such as which occurs with the skinned carcasses after the prized pelts have been taken.

I agree Donna, he's got wind up than Timex.

Latest posts

Back