Mr Basso is not very pleasant - anyone got his clothes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes indeed. Foxes do kill chickens ,so do other animals given the chance. But humans are supposed to be endowed with the ability to know right from wrong. To have conscience.Humans kill indiscriminately on a grand scale as we see daily in the media.Closer to home we see the results of human cruelty to each other and animals. I wouldn't worry about the pet food. I agree that using all the carcass is better than throwing away that which is unwanted by humans.Such as which occurs with the skinned carcasses after the prized pelts have been taken.

I agree, foxes kill chickens for food, pure and simple, not for vanity reasons or for a luxurious life style.

I have come to the conclusion that with some people ..you can't reason with the unreasonable ...I have a brother whom I have tried this with many times over the years ...my cousin said this to me ...how true this seems to be ...when a wind up merchant wants to drop a "bomb type" comment, then ..this is the only conclusion for me personally :wonder:

Couldn't agree more. The phrase 'wouldn't p$$s on if was on fire' springs to mind.

In my opinion, that nasty, bast**d doesn't deserve to breath oxygen, the pain he inflicts on other living things (being a leading Furrier in America) you'll hear him slip up and call the faux fur "fur" as he does in his "couture" range. He just seems a horrible person too though, the way he acts and talks, I say talk, he missed his vocation because that voice belongs on horror films, it scares the bejeezus out of me. :witch::werewolf::vampire::Sad:

Thanks, Donna. Says it all, really.

Oh dear the ignorance the from the usual suspect. Comes out with the crap as always has never ever looked into the subject, he is not interested and does not care. His human compassion never came out with pensioners who lost the Christmas dinner last year because of QVC/Green Seasons' lies. Oh but he did come one to make a joke about them.(Remember you to will be old one day, trust with your self interest, no one will give a crap about you too). They don't count to him, its always me me me me. For someone who is suppose to be a trainee journalist has no interest in human interest stories. As for bringing up the Holocaust in this case, you should be ashamed. But of course you don't!

Ignorance pure ignorance.

Foxes, wolves, dogs even are kept in cramped cages and are treated badly and live in terror. Oh don't forget the trend for leopards etc as well made into fur coats over the years. Hell don't we see them hanging in the butcher to eat all the time.

Basso handles the models just likes pieces of meat, poking at them.

Personally the day the fat ugly old fart drops dead will be a happy one.

Julius, might have known - predictable or what? Don't suppose you have actually researched anything to do with the subject in question - are you from the same school of so-called newspaper journalism that forecasts cold winters and boiling hot summers and gets it wrong every year, but just repeats the same uninformed stuff the following year? Never mind, never let the fact that it's a load of carp stand in the way of a story. Try actually doing your homework. Reality check : we are talking here about someone (won't call it a human being, as I don't wish to use the wrong term) having no compunction about making money from cruel practices. Oh, and by the way, foxes and other animals kill to eat and because it's their nature to do so.

Maybe some day Basso will be judged by a higher power. His growly voice makes me laugh. Raaaa! I saw a woman arrive at the Ritz in a musqquash coat recently.

I saw a documentary / interview on him (will see if I can find a link to it) a while back which touched on the animal welfare issues. I recall him stating that the animals were gassed to death humanely and that they did not suffer. I'm not sure I buy into his argument, yet I kind of feel hypocritical as I do eat organic beef occasionally and of course that had to be killed. I also have a leather bag made by Picard and a leather jacket. Two of my cars have leather seats. Human beings have been killing and eating animals since the beginning of time and also wearing their pelts. I guess Basso is selling sophistication / pseudo-sophistication / glamour. Some people don't see anything wrong with gassing a few stoats / mink to make a nice coat. Other people think it despicable. Each person must decide for him/herself how to live their life and what choices they make. A personal belief, however strongly held by an individual, is not definitive in the wider scheme of things and I get slightly miffed when the animal rights protesters start getting all preachy and militant. In my view they lose all credibility when they start advocating violence to humans that they would so vehemently condemn were it directed towards fluffy little critters. I'm not sure many people think things through. They just go: "Ooh I'm into animal rights, I am. I believe in that, I really BELIEVE in it and I know I'm right." Maybe they are trying to bolster their ego / fulfil some Maslovian need for belonging by jumping on a bandwagon and having a trenchant opinion? I do wonder. I would hardly imagine Basso personally bashes the stoats over the head with a rolling pin, taking pleasure in leaving them writhing in agony before he finally finishes the job. The chances are the creatures are dispatched in a relatively painless / humane fashion, yet it still makes for uncomfortable thought matter, doesn't it? Maybe vegans are superior? That humans have the correct dentation for an omnivorous diet including meat, would seem to justify eating meat, doesn't it? Is it not the case that there is a pecking order with humans at the top of the chain and animals lower down? Why shouldn't we eat them and wear their skins? Yes it was shocking that human beings were gassed to death in WWII (they didn't have any choice in their fate) but is the death of a few stoats really comparable? I would argue that it probably is not. Yes Basso comes like a pantomime villain and many people don't like him. In my view he doesn't have much of a "like factor" about him however it would seem that his products, faux and real, are extremely popular. I think many animal rights activist ought to think long and hard on the provenance of their food, not to mention that of their beloved cats and dogs. Many activists have double standards.

dentition, Julius. I don't think characterising people who are passionate about animal rights as 'preachy and militant' is particularly helpful.

Mr Basso would be grrrrreat to interview. I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities. Few people are truly evil.

Few people are truly evil.

:mysmilie_15: now I know you're taking the p**s. :mysmilie_15: there are Jails all over the world bursting at the seems full of them. :mysmilie_15: and they're just the ones they've caught, or can be arsed arresting. :mysmilie_15:

I'm sure there is a lot of nastiness to the fur / animal trade. I just don't think we are all as necessarily as above it as we would like to think we are. There will be countless people up and down the country feeding their pets food that has been derived through the most unpleasant circumstances and they don't give it any thought. We are not "the only species that kill for the sake of it." Firstly we kill animals to eat them and wear their coats. They are two valid reasons for killing them! Our creator created us with the correct dentation to eat meat! Secondly, foxes enter chicken coups and kill numerous chickens they don't need to eat - therefore they are a species that kills for no reason. Make a coat out of them! Why not? If you want to buy it, buy it, if you don't, don't! I don't think Basso takes pleasure in the killing of the animals. He takes pleasure in the money he derives from it. Nothing will go to waste. I dare say he flogs the corpses to an pet food manufacturer. What are people going to feed their dogs? Soya beans? Lind McCartney veggie sausages? The fact is that dogs have the right dentation to eat meat and so do we humans! We just like to think we are more civilised than other species and feel uncomfortable with the idea of killing animals. I know I certainly do, and I would not for one minute want them to have any pain or unnecessary suffering inflicted on them, but I don't think it's wrong to kill them or wear their skins. If you asked me to skill / skin a cow I probably wouldn't do it. We are all to some extent complicit in the trade, whether we like to think about it or not. So think on when you put your belt on, lick that envelope, feed your dog Pedigree food or Sheba to your cat. Think what you are doing before you criticise!

Oh I'm sorry Julius, I start reading but then I honestly lose the will...........I've read shorter novels, but judging by the past I get the gist of your lack of compassion and your dislike for people who possess it, wrongly judging and labelling them to bring them down, so forgive me if I give them a miss.

Oh dear. This topic again.

When talking about the nature of a fox, you must also examine the nature of a human, or "human nature". In civilised, democratic societies Julius is right. Truly evil people are relatively rare. As a percentage of the whole population, truly vile, evil criminals are still in the minority. However, in less civilised, lawless, undemocratic etc parts of the world, (which I could mention, but won't) then the proportion of evil over silent, decent majority will be higher. What that tells me, is that it depends upon a human being's family, lifestyle, education and all those things that contribute to how we turn out, that will determine if we are decent human beings or oxygen-theives. The human nature covers everything, from greed and senseless violence and cruelty, to honesty, kindness, compassion and love.

I think Basso has turned out with the human nature of greed and cruelty as a bare minimum. He is an odious person.

I eat meat. By this I mean beef, chicken (not battery) lamb, pork and fish. There are certain things I will not eat, such as fpis gras and veal. I keep getting told that I should eat veal because the !ale calves (from the milk industry) would get shipped to France and mistreated if we don't buy British veal. Is this true? Shocking if it is. So if you drink cows milk, please think about what happens to the male calves that are born from keeping the cows pregnant.

Although I dpont like activism and the aggression that goes with it, I do sympathise with the cause, if not the methods.

Well, if he thinks "few people are truly evil" (What? Is he on the same planet as the rest of us?) , I could suggest a couple who he might like to interview (and if they objected to something he wrote, he might have cause to change his mind!!).

:mysmilie_15: now I know you're taking the p**s. :mysmilie_15: there are Jails all over the world bursting at the seems full of them. :mysmilie_15: and they're just the ones they've caught, or can be arsed arresting. :mysmilie_15:

this attitude is stock in trade for much of those in the media, I'm afraid (so much easier than giving the matter any real thought or doing any research into the subject)

Oh I'm sorry Julius, I start reading but then I honestly lose the will...........I've read shorter novels, but judging by the past I get the gist of your lack of compassion and your dislike for people who possess it, wrongly judging and labelling them to bring them down, so forgive me if I give them a miss.

Latest posts

Back