Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" Wi-Fi eReader TSV 23/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" Wi-Fi eReader w/ Built In Light & Leather Case
Item Number: 508787
QVC Price £135.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £6.95

Lighter than a paperback and able to hold thousands of books, the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader is wireless so you don't need a computer to download content and boasts a crisp, high resolution display that reads like real paper. Packed with fantastic features, and including an Amazon leather case in a choice of three colours, the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite lets you enjoy old favourites and the latest bestsellers on your commute and on your travels.

Crisp clarity - with twice as many pixels as the previous generation, Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, print-quality text that reads like real paper. The built-in adjustable light means you can read day and night, plus there's no glare in bright sunlight.

Share and share alike - with the Family Library, your Amazon account can be linked to that of your spouse or partner, so for the first time, you and your family can access and easily share not only your own Kindle books, but also books from the Amazon account of your partner.

The latest typesetting engine - this means that the words are laid out just as the author intended for beautiful rendering of pages. With improved character spacing and the addition of hyphenation, justification, kerning, ligatures, and drop cap support, this innovative typography helps you read faster with less eyestrain and is available on over half a million books, including many bestsellers, with thousands more added every week.

No more tired eyes - the Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the display with its built-in front light, so you can read comfortably without straining your eyes. Adjust your screen's brightness for great reading in any light, plus page layout and margins automatically adapt with the larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience.

Charge monthly, not daily - the Paperwhite won't leave you tethered to a socket, as a single charge can last up to six weeks (based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at ten).

Read comfortably and in peace - thinner than a pencil and lighter than a paperback, you can easily hold the Paperwhite in one hand for long reading sessions, and with no distractions like email alerts you can enjoy your books in peace.

Kindle Unlimited - read as much as you want, choosing from over 1 million titles. From mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more, freely explore new authors, books and genres on any device for just £7.99 a month. You can try Kindle Unlimited for free for 30 days.

What's in the box?

Kindle Paperwhite
1 x USB 2.0 charging cable
Quick start guide

Colours available:

Black
White

Added value:

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite leather case - available in three colours: Black, Magenta, Purple

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508787

As much as I like my kindle and I use it quite a bit it just doesn't have the feel and smell of a proper book and for that reason most of the books I buy are the paper version.

Yes I'm the same, I love a good book and for me it has to be the paper kind.

I love using my Kindle, but I've decided to wait until it actually needs replacing before buying a new one. I also don't think I would buy off QVC.

If you've only got the standard Kindle at the moment then I'd recommend upgrading to the Paperwhite. I wouldn't be without mine now. The backlight is fantastic.

And I hate giving then away. 30 years of books in my house, must be around 2000 of more. I have had to build a book case along one wall and have book cases in all of the bedrooms. Some would call me a horder.

Sounds like our house.

And I hate giving then away. 30 years of books in my house, must be around 2000 of more. I have had to build a book case along one wall and have book cases in all of the bedrooms. Some would call me a horder.

That sounds amazing! I keep books that I've really enjoyed too. So long as you're happy, let them call you. :mysmilie_3:

You will NEVER get me reading a book from one of these e readers. I love the feel and smell of a paper book. There is something so special about getting a new book, all pristine. It's one of the absolute pleasures in my life. I love books and would be lost without them.

You will NEVER get me reading a book from one of these e readers. I love the feel and smell of a paper book. There is something so special about getting a new book, all pristine. It's one of the absolute pleasures in my life. I love books and would be lost without them.

I felt the same before I got my Kindle e-reader. Now I wouldn't be without one now. Doesn't mean I don't still buy and read real books, but for the most I find the convenience of the Kindle and the range of books I can tote around in a single book-size package is really brilliant.

There is no replacing things like cookery books, in my opinion.

I felt the same before I got my Kindle e-reader. Now I wouldn't be without one now. Doesn't mean I don't still buy and read real books, but for the most I find the convenience of the Kindle and the range of books I can tote around in a single book-size package is really brilliant.

There is no replacing things like cookery books, in my opinion.

I'm the same mml, I read at least a couple of books a week and never thought I'd be able to change to a Kindle but now I would never go back, just the capacity and portability make it so convenient and I find that the device just disappears when you're lost in the story in the same way that a book does. I take it everywhere. I also love being able to finish reading my current book in bed and just download the next one instantly. And I can read at two in the morning without disturbing him indoors.
Some books will always be better on paper though, children's books, cookery and gardening, atlases etc, anything where the illustrations matter.

I totally agree.

Latest posts

Back