Are dedicated hours not enough?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else fed up with TSV's encroaching into other shows?

As well as all the hours (and hours and hours yawn) for the TSV they finish shows 10/15 mins early to go to the TSV, they break into shows to tell us the TSV is coming up.

You can always tell when there's been a barnstorming session around the table, when stock phrases are repeatedly said, like "we've had 400 new customers today', so shoving the TSV at the end or in the middle of another show is a clear indication that its been idea no.357 around the table to push sales.

At one time the TSVs were a closely guarded secret only to be revealed a second after midnight ( & yes in times long long past I have sat waiting).Now we get promotions before 'THE EVENT' & chances to buy.They do go on & on too, how many these days sell out?They try to cause 'panic', don't wait for the morning repeat' etc etc. but we're not daft.A sign of the (harder) times? or things we have have had enough of--Kipling,Lola Rose,Honora,L'Occitanne, Liz Earle,Kim & Co., Laura Geller--

At one time the TSVs were a closely guarded secret only to be revealed a second after midnight ( & yes in times long long past I have sat waiting).Now we get promotions before 'THE EVENT' & chances to buy.They do go on & on too, how many these days sell out?They try to cause 'panic', don't wait for the morning repeat' etc etc. but we're not daft.A sign of the (harder) times? or things we have have had enough of--Kipling,Lola Rose,Honora,L'Occitanne, Liz Earle,Kim & Co., Laura Geller--

They were the good old days when we did seem to get value for money. We always got a real good MB christmas tsv, they always sorted out quite a few christmas presents for me. I suppose nothing stays the same but imo QVC seem to have lost their way a little/lot.

Yet, the prices continue to rise well above inflation as does postage cost. QVC are no longer the go to company for this type of product, most are available on Amazon and elsewhere at a cheaper price and with free p&p.

It really has completely changed hasn't it?
TSVs used to be anticipated, good things selling out early. No wonder they seem to struggle to shift them these days. All this repeating smacks of desperation.
Some of the jewellery was lovely, gold with gems, silver with gems at very reasonable prices. So many of the good brands have disappeared. Even the ones that remain don't do such great value TSVs. L'Occitane is mostly sample sizes where there used to be five or so full size items in a choice of smells.
I'm glad I bought some of the things when I did, especially the jewellery I still wear & love. It's all mostly tatty costume stuff now that you can get nicer, & cheaper, on the high street.

Waiting for the more "Bid-ish" tactics IW have adopted to turn up.

It doesn't matter how much you flog a dead horse, it's not going to win the race.

It really has completely changed hasn't it?
TSVs used to be anticipated, good things selling out early. No wonder they seem to struggle to shift them these days. All this repeating smacks of desperation.
Some of the jewellery was lovely, gold with gems, silver with gems at very reasonable prices. So many of the good brands have disappeared. Even the ones that remain don't do such great value TSVs. L'Occitane is mostly sample sizes where there used to be five or so full size items in a choice of smells.
I'm glad I bought some of the things when I did, especially the jewellery I still wear & love. It's all mostly tatty costume stuff now that you can get nicer, & cheaper, on the high street.

I agree with all you say Breeze. Those days when we stayed up to see what the TSV was, they were savings worth having, but now a tenner is nothing and when the p & p is added back on, there's only a saving of about 4 quid. The gold/silver jewellery were bargains compared to the prices now on the rare times its shown. QVC have got to have a complete refurbish of their selling tactics. The TSV format needs an overhaul because the audience has so much choice now compared to when QVC first aired 20 odd years ago, and its telling that so many good brands have ditched the channel to go elsewhere where profits don't need to be shared with QVC

There have been so many occasions recently, where I have looked at what is on offer and have been put off by the poor product choice, high prices and P&P charges. Gatineau is a recent example - I was looking at the Age Benefit creams yesterday. The large 50ml pot that QVC sell for £90 plus P&P sells generally around the £50 mark on other sites, most with free P&P. TSV's haven't been good value for ages and I wonder how they keep managing to compete. Also, we all know that TSV products are often of inferior quality to the regular stock. I saw a nice Together top this morning, and actually liked it, but there was no way I'd pay almost £50 for what was really just a fancy t-shirt.

There seems to be many changes recently with presenters, models leaving. No Beauty Bash etc. which hints that it's not all peaches and cream at Q Towers! Could be wrong but have been an avid fan for years and years and this is my hunch!!!!!!! :mysmilie_5:

todays tsv is a case in point. cleaning bits you can pick up in the pound shop for yes a pound

I did actually buy a gadgety item that I needed last week, but only because it was not available anywhere else in the U.K.

It was a USA product so they obviously shipped some over to sell in the U.K.as well.

But, miracle of miracles, I did negotiate a reduction in the PP after speaking to a number of CS staff, who agreed the PP was out of line with the price of the product.

But I won't give any more info, so please don't ask.

I did actually buy a gadgety item that I needed last week, but only because it was not available anywhere else in the U.K.

It was a USA product so they obviously shipped some over to sell in the U.K.as well.

But, miracle of miracles, I did negotiate a reduction in the PP after speaking to a number of CS staff, who agreed the PP was out of line with the price of the product.

Spoilsport Strato :mysmilie_17:

I didn't think they still had their 'Taboo' hours ? Although (I digress now), I think the Poo Pourri would be more appropriate in such an hour rather than this morning's breakfast show !

Latest posts

Back